No rating

Liberty Baptist School

Private | PK-12

Living in San Jose

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $280,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,530.

Sweep tile

Posted November 1, 2013

Working at Liberty Baptist School is wonderful! This school has a wonderful student body and a dedicated faculty. The faculty truly care about the students.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 28, 2013

I attended this school from 4 - 12th grade and so did my sister and brother. I now have my 3 daughters attending elementary. It is the most afforable private school in the Bay Area and they have a great student to teacher ratio. I highly recommend this school to anyone that wants their kids to get a great education and still uphold Christian values. My kids are usually a grade or 2 higher than there peers in public schools. You also don't have to worry a lot of the negative aspects that you typically find in public schools because it's a small Christian school.

Posted May 23, 2013

My children has been attending this school for the past 9 years. This is one of the best school that I have seen in this area. The kids are well trained by the teachers. The price is very affordable. The music and the band in this school is great. The band was awarded "excellent" rating, when the school band ratings were done at Evergreen valley high school. THANK YOU teachers and staff members at Liberty for giving our children the best edcuation.

Posted May 18, 2013

My son & I love this school !! The teachers are very kind and dedicated to helping their students. Every student plays a musical instrument or sings in choir. They have wonderful music programs a few times per year. The children are all very polite and well mannered. The class sizes are small, my son does better in a small class environment with less distractions. We drive all the way from Campbell so that should say a lot. The school goes from kindergarten through high school so they can stay with their friends. Many of the high school students go to attend UC colleges.

Posted May 24, 2012

I have recently left this school, and honestly, I'm glad I did. I had been going there all my life, from preeschool up except for one year when I was homeschooled. I absolutely DID NOT enjoy my time there. The teachers are often very lazy and mean. They play favorites too. I am a very strong Christian and I can honestly say that they focused way too much on rules and what you can and cannot do. They didn't really talk very much about how much God loves us. I felt like it was all about actions to them. That being said, the students weren't really a joy to be around either. The were mean and cliquish. I found I didn't fit in anywhere, not because I'm bad or anything (even though others treated me like I was and I started to believe it for a while) but because I tell the truth and people don't like that. Don't send your kids to this school. If you're just in it for the education, you can find better. If you're in it because it's a Christian school, sorry to say this, but they have never really shown me that they really care about the things of God.

Posted February 16, 2011

I've been attending Liberty Baptist since I was in first grade. I'm a Junior now & quite frankly the education is lacking. The high school program is a couple of years behind the public school education. I love this school only because it's the only school I've ever really known. I hear kids that don't go to Liberty talk about their fun experiences & activities they have at their school and then I look at mine and I don't have any stories that could compare. All the money we spend on this school & you'd think that we'd be getting a good education. We don't. If this school focused more on education rather than Music & Bible then it would be a hundred times better.

Posted January 12, 2011

My children have attended Liberty Baptist since K5, they are now in 6th and 8th grade. My girls have thrived while attending Liberty Baptist, I could not imagine sending them anywhere else. I love the small classroom sizes and the individualized attention each of my children receive from their teachers. The staff are always friendly and helpful. I highly highly recommend Liberty Baptist!!.

Posted February 23, 2010

I've been to several Christian schools before but I loved Liberty Baptist School. Students not only learn academically but also morally. I've also taught at other Christian schools but I had a great experience here at LBS! Teachers pray for their students, show some concern to their needs and try their best to communicate well to the parents. I highly recommend this school!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 8, 2009

I am a student at Liberty Baptist, within this review I hope to save the many lives of your children. I have attended Liberty Baptist for 10 years, and I feel left behind. The education is lacking, and the teachers are both inexperienced and often lazy. The things they teach often revolve around God, not the subject. I'm not saying God is bad just, we need knowledge as well to prosper in life and being there, I see little in my future. The food, when served, is of poor quality. Extracurricular activities are non-existent, only 2-3 sports are available. My 'fellow' school mates, lack common sense, maturity, and have little regards for others. I ask you as man that seeks to better the world, in hopes of a greater society, please save your children the pain and anguish, don't send your child here; or they will be forever imprisoned as I.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 7, 2009

All five of my children have attended Liberty Baptist. Currently I have two enrolled at Liberty and they have attended since K-5. I love the school, my interactions with the principal and teachers have all been positive and my two children thrive and excel in their education.

Posted August 21, 2008

I was former student of Liberty. The actual skill level is fairly low. I had to talk a summer school class to catch up to my new school. I saw my class mates slipping in school. The teachers knew they were getting poor grades, but didn't help them, and some ended up failing and had to waste there money on summer school there. The Christian education is great, but what about the rest? The students need to get the same education as a public school; and the fact that this is a private school, shouldn't it be better? You think putting them in a private shcool will make them better? To tell you the truth it didn't help! It's alwasy depends on who you're children hang out with, some students at Liberty are not always so law abiding. So just take care of your kids.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 27, 2008

My child graduated from Liberty Baptist several years ago. Although there were some issues with teachers, everything seemed to come together as we met and discussed the problem. My child has fond memories of her junior high and high school years there. The sports programs were awesome as well as the parent participation. I'm not sure how much could have changed in the past 5-10 years, but I have good memories of Liberty Baptist and my child made lifetime friendships there. Former Parent

Posted January 30, 2008

AWful. teachers that don't teach well and principal that does not help solve any problems or concerns. this is just an average education at best.

Posted January 15, 2008

Friendly Staff, low prices, & high academics!

Posted May 29, 2007

Initially I chose Liberty so that my daughter can have a great education as well as a strong Christian background. I think that the education has lacked. I have friends whose children go to public schools, and are academically more advanced than my daughter. I'm finding that I have to spend more and more time at home reviewing and going over her work or doing homework than I should be. For how much I pay in tuition and other fees, I though my daughter would be ahead of kids in public school. I wish the class sizes were smaller and that there were more extracurricular activities. Be sure you know how many kids are in the classes and make sure you think of other things, such as lockers, a cafeteria, after school sports, field trips, and other things that all kids in school should be able to experience.

Posted December 29, 2005

I have a child at Liberty and also feel that the academic as well as the Christian values taught there are very good. However we have had a lot of issues with the teachers there and you really don't have a choice when there is only one class for your childs grade level and you are stuck with that teacher. I have been to the pricipal a number of times to resolve some very serious language issues involving the teacher and you are left feeling like you just blew a lot of hot air because the principal dosen't do anything about it. If you want to attend this school you have to hope that next year your child will get a good teacher.

Posted December 13, 2005

i have a child currently enrolled at liberty baptist school. he is in first grade.i believe that the quality of education being taught there exceeds academic and religous standards.my only complaint about this school is that they dont practice what they preach.if a child is talking too much in class,or is having trouble focusing(like most 6 year old boys)they are quick to assume the child has a.d.d.,does not fit in,and push to expell them.my sons teacher and principal have made my sweet,child feel so bad about himself that,as a result,his A's have become F's.he doesnt even want to try anymore!his teacher has branded him and a few other kids as 'the bad ones' and thats just an aweful thing for a child to hear.when a child acts up, dont punish them! dont yell!steer them in the right direction! liberty baptist needs to get a clue!

Ethnicity This school
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Two or more races 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2790 S Kind Rd