Posted October 12, 2014
Caring, Christian environment with academics and plenty of activities. Marching band has been an excellent choice for my oldest. The band was in the Rose Bowl Parade and competes in WBA. This year they will go to San Antonio to compete in super regional Bands of America. Both kids have been at Valley since Kindergarten. The conservatory of the arts has amazing opportunities.

Posted September 24, 2014
My son just enrolled to VC as freshman. He loves it - the environment is very positive, the teachers are very professional, the supporting team is there for the students always. My son enjoys being there - not only the wide range of course selection but also the very rich after school activities. In general, we believe we made a right choice for our son.

Posted October 30, 2013
I am parent of two Valley Christian Schools "Lifers" - attended Valley Christian School from K - 12 (13 years, each). I also had one of my other children attend Leland HS, and another attend Bellarmine. Overall, I'd rank VCS at least in the same category with these other fine area high schools, in terms of quality of academics, teachers who care, exposure to opportunity, college-preparedness, music + engineering + theater + athletics + robotics. And along with Bellarmine, Jesus Christ as Lord, is the center of the educational viewpoint, which makes a huge difference! All of the "complaining" about drugs-dogs-bullying (!?) are much more prevalent at other public high schools. Get real... these are teenagers in a fallen world - changing HS is not the answer. Only Jesus is the answer. At least the world view is truth at VCS. Go with VCS for your kids - Its well worth it for a Christ-centered education. Recommended.

Valley Christian High School 1

Posted August 27, 2013
From the outside Valley looks great, but it is truly miserable to attend. Our nickname for it is "Hell on a Hill".Students are judgmental and rude. There's an obvious hierarchy among students, and if you're not on the top then expect to be constantly bullied. There is a huge drug problem, so much so that the school now has to have dogs on campus at least twice a month. It's hit or miss with teachers. Some are great (especially in the history department), but others are boring or completely don't care. Administrators are unhelpful and often unavailable. They would rather turn their heads and pretend issues don't exist and assume the students are innocent and perfect. The athletics are terrible because the superintendent focuses on promoting obscure academic topics. I really wish I had chosen any other high school.

Valley Christian High School 2

Posted October 24, 2012
The Campus is very impressive - new, clean and the staff puts on "The Show". At first glance, the amenities look good. However, for a school that sits in the midst of a technology epicenter - this school falls short. No coding programs at all at the Junior High level. There are no internships/partnerships with major companies such as google, ebay, yahoo (a few miles away) available for students at the high school. Teachers do not respond to parent emails. There are known drug problems and issues with bullying that go unresolved mainly because the school refuses to acknowledge that there is a problem. We know of many parents that are looking for school alternatives for their teens as a result.

Posted January 26, 2012
My son is currently in his Junior year at Valley Christian and I cannot express how happy we are with his educaiton. VCHS has a great academic cirriculum and prepares students for college. Its is very expensive and as a family we make sacrifices to send our son to this school (so not everyone is rich that goes there!), but feel it is completely worth it. The teachers are top notch and the sports programs are outstanding. My son is a proud Warrior!

Posted October 12, 2010
As a sophomore at Valley, i can totally say this is a great place!!! The kids are all so friendly in like, every grade level! Its just a really amazing place! If you're considering coming here, don't even worry! You'll be welcomed right away! When i was a freshman, i came in not knowing a single person and i was so freaked out! But right away at orientation, i made connections with tons of people, who are now my bestest of best friends! :) As for the teachers, they really want to be your guide! They want to have a friendship with you unlike any other group of teachers around. And to top it off, the campus is GORGEOUS. Overall, Valley is just such a comfortable place! Hope you can end up at school here someday! :)

Valley Christian High School 0

Posted March 02, 2010
My daughter graduated from Valley Christian High School May 2009. Personal experience: My overall opinion of this school is excellent. While no school is perfect and there's always room for improvement, VCHS has prepared my daughter for college thoroughly. She was able to participate in the Leadership Program which prepared her even more for the next 4 years. Atmosphere: Yes, because this is a private school, you will have your usual 'snooty' kids, but overall I have found the students to be friendly. Teachers are great wtih return emails and phone calls and the counseling staff is very helpful. Facility: You could not find a more state of the art school from technology labs, sports fields to the theatre and everything in between. It's very well maintained and worth visiting. Full time security staff is a plus. Looking forward to my next child entering in the Fall 2010.

Valley Christian High School 3

Posted June 02, 2009
While the curriculum, staff, arts etc are all outstanding, it's the actual atmosphere while being a student that disappoints. The students are not the friendliest, and it's very much like a typical high school movie. Snobby students, cliques, and much teasing goes on here. I was disappointed after transferring here from another Christian school. The curriculum may be, but most of the students are not what I call Christian. My old school truly was and I wish I didn't have to move here. If you try and tell the staff about the teasing and hierarchy that goes on here, they don't do much but tell you to ignore it. If you as a parent can remember terrible high school years granted you weren't the most attractive/wealthiest girl/boy in school I suggest you keep tabs on your childs social life. The students here can be very cruel, and not like Jesus at all.

Posted December 18, 2008
I am an international student from Hong Kong, and attended Valley for a year as a freshman. I can't describe how great the school is. The teachers are more like family, the school is more like a university and the spirit is earth shattering. Great academic courses, with a huge variety of after school sports and extracurriculars. I would deem this school the best school on earth.

Valley Christian High School
100 Skyway Drive, San Jose, CA  95111
Last modified Valley Christian High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Valley Christian High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top