No rating

St. Patrick Elementary School

Private | K-12 | 260 students

Living in San Jose

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $320,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,460.

Posted June 9, 2014

And I have heard that now volunteers must go through a whole training session to volunteer at the school. STP is going to lose volunteers because the training session is repetitive and useless. If students were to finish community service hours, DO NOT do it at STP when you can go to another school another school and just sign your name to volunteer. This all started because the church burnt down and now the crazy catholic freak principal lost all trust in humanity. The church should not have burned down. The school should have burned down.

Posted June 5, 2014

I HATE THIS SCHOOL. I've been going to this school for about 5 years and experienced how drastically it changed since Ms. Olga became principle. I'm currently in the 7th grade and she became principle when I was in the 5th grade. Some of the best teachers left the school and she is a bully. She is rude to the students and to the parents from what I heard from my mom. She once accused me of stealing money from another student and her and the vice principle pulled me and my friend from class and interrogated us. The food is expensive and disgusting. Most of the students have even seen cockroach traps in the cafeteria. We have fans and clocks that hardly work. We play in a parking lot. She recently tried to raise the price on my family for me and my sister to attend. We might have to go to a different school because of it. It cost thousands of dollars and she is still expecting more money from us. For fundraising, they make us sell even if nobody buys. They set up a certain amount that we have to make. As for clothes, we can't wear black socks or we will get referrals even if you can't see them. There is soooooooooo much more but it would go over the limit by so much to toys it down.

Posted November 8, 2013

The principal at this school is a BULLY! Yes this is a suppose to be a Bully Free Zone however don't let the evil laugh from the woman of god fool you. The ratings for this school have plumaged in the last 3 years due to the new principal. There's obviously a problem if she has had to attend Anger Management courses because of her actions with a STUDENT! That should have been red flag number 1! The school is funded 100% by a charity and she still forces a set limit for donations and fund raising on families. If your child can not give money then they will not be able to participate in certain activities that cost the school nothing! This woman will tell you what your going to do rather then work with you. She has no experience working with children other then her short teaching career. This woman is not strict she is mean, evil and a straight out bullying. You can not go around yelling at children and putting your hands on children. NO EXCUSES! When you think of a private school you think of great education, reflection and learning about religion. My child comes home everyday asking me why that school. My child is to stay out of the way of Olga!! The school will go under

Posted August 29, 2013

Love it My kids have been attending this school since k. Interesting how parents complaint. These are the kind of parents who think their kids deserve royal treatment. New Principal cares about the students and I just love the fact that discipline is implemented. They come here to study not to chillax, so yes expect homework. I am so happy my kids come here. Now each kid will have an ipad and textbooks will be digitalized. And on top of all this: catholic values. What else can you ask for?

Posted May 22, 2013

I'm extremely disappointed in the direction and and school culture of St Patrick. It was a happy little school when my child was in primary grade. However, with the changes of administration it was been horrible to see and hear the stories that not only do I hear from my child but from dissatisfied parents as well. Homework in the junior high is excessive to say the least especially from the 8th grade language arts teacher who doesn't seem approachable to talk to. The administration offers a mornings with a the school counselor to help parents cope with issues that might arise with their children. These meetings are called "Mornings with A****a". Their well intended but there is a bigger issue when school personnel don't know how to speak to children with respect and consideration. I recommend the staff start participating with their own session to refresh them about their roles as teachers. Advocate for your student, make time to listen to them, don't just assume, don't put them on the spot or embarras a student in front of their peers. Always talk to a student as if their parents are standing right behind them.

Posted May 22, 2013

I agree with the 1 star reviews. Anything before 2011-12 was good because it had a different principal. Now it's a horrible place for learning. Administration is clueless about academic needs of students. Junior high teachers are horrible. I'm all for academic challenges but their expectations are way too high with little or no support. Parent communication is non existent. Teachers will not communicate issues with you unless you are aware of them yourself and proceed to talk to them personally. I pulled my child out and she is another person at her new school.

Posted April 25, 2013

This school is so bad . Principal is worst. Don't send your kid to this school.

Posted December 13, 2012

I hate this school. I am a student from St Patrick Elementary School. The new principle is not good at all. She is always picking Mexican stuff first, than anything else, (not trying to offend) Our favorite teachers are getting fired because if her. At lunch, we get locked in the eating place and forced to clean up the place. Only 4-8 graders have to do it. How about the 1-3 graders? Just because we are older, dont just expect us to do everything. The 7th grade teacher is the worst person alive at st pats. I go to tutoring AND have witnessed the principal yelling at a 4th grader just because he gets a few answers wrong. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL

Posted November 18, 2012

I would say the administrators and teachers here have great leadership. Ms. Olga and the teachers live by their word. The students and staff instill self-discipline with the children at all grade levels. This is a fine school to consider sending your child to if you live or work near this school for character development. This may be the only Catholic school in the area with a transitional kindergarten program for children who are not quite ready for kindergarten based on their birthday.

Posted June 28, 2012

ITS INTERESTING THAT MY REVIEW GETS DELETED.... I'm giving this school 1 star because of the principal of 2011/2012. Hopefully my review doesnt get removed again!! She has to be one of the worse people they could have chosen to be the leader of this school! She hardly qualifies as a role model to children. Her, holier than thou, attitude is appalling. Her lack of respect for children, her bullying ways, her inability to communicate effectively with students & parents, is beyond disgusting! She has a long history of mistreating children and how she was chosen as principal, is beyond me. Thankfully, my child was not a victim to her.... She is completely unfit to be leading a school that is educating children! Let alone, leading a school that parents work hard to pay for so that their kids get a good education!! The principal of St Patricks is damaging young minds with her bullying ways... This school supposedly is a NO BULLYING ZONE... why is she there then? Why is it ok for her to bully, humiliate, demean children?? This person does not belong working with children, she should work with adults who can defend themselves!!

Posted March 20, 2012

Ms.Olga, isn't the best principle there ever was. she didn't give students a second chance, once they were on probation, unlike Sr.Rosemary, the students disliked her more. They favored Sr.Rosemary more than Ms.Olga.

Posted August 8, 2009

The staff,starting with Sr.Rosemary not forgetting Marissa and the del gado family are outstanding.This is the only place i left my child and new she was in great hands. The nuns live as examples,the kids are friendly and it's like a big familly. There aren't bullies.My child had excellent teachers,who kept contact with me to let me know of her progress.My greatest gratitude goes to all of them.They worked together to ensure my child gets the best out of school.

Posted July 28, 2009

My child attended this school for 3yrs. It is a great school. I was extremely satisfied with the quality of education he recieved while there. The communication with the teachers was excellent! It's a small school but the upside to that is that the teachers get to know all of the students and their parents. Parent participation is very high which is a great because it keeps children motivated in the classroom. The principal is great. She knows all the parents and the students. The only down side is that there is no playground for the kids, except the kinder class, so the kids have to play on the pavement/parking area. If you can look past that, then this is a great place. I would highly recommend it.

Posted March 20, 2009

My daughter attended St. Patrick for 9 years and her daughter (my granddaughter ) is now in Kindergarten at St. Patrick. I couldn't ask for a better teacher to provide a good start for my granddaughter. Communication is great and parents know what is going on in the classroom via the net or the teacher personally. My granddaughter is doing very well both academically and socially thanks to strong leadership. There are computers in every classroom, tho I wish there was one on every desk. My daughter did very well and acquired skills that prepared her well for higher learning and and the working world. She is also a great mom and I believe St. Patrick helped to teach high moral standards and respect. I only wish that Ms. Korman will still be there when my granddaughter is in 6th grade. Most of her teachers were great but this one stands

Posted March 19, 2009

St. Pat's is a wonderful school! I attended this school for 9 years and now I send my child there. The principal, teachers, and staff are very open with parents. My daughter is in kindergarten and I'm so greatful that she's off to a great start! Each student has a communication folder that comes home everyday. The teacher often writes letters to parents about what's been going on in the classroom and what is expected to come. All of the teachers have web pages with pictures, messages, and learning links. From being at St. Patrick school so long, I can tell you that it is a small community and children grow up together as 'family' with respect, good values, and an education that puts them at an advantage.

Posted March 9, 2009

This is a great school! The community is great and the staff and faculty is exceptional! Students move on to great High Schools after graduation. The Administration is experienced and listens to the students and parents' needs. I have only heard excellent information about this school! St.Patrick School has many resources for all families and offers great programs across the board. The technology is located in every classroom and is integrated into daily curriculum.

Posted October 20, 2008

Do not send your child here. The administration is non responsive to parent concerns and the school has a horrible bullying problem. It is not worth your money. Morale seems very low among the staff and the principal and vice principal are fundamentalists to the point that the kids are not allowed to celebrate Halloween or Christmas (It's a Catholic school)

Posted August 25, 2008

My child has been attending this school for 3 years now, going on 4. I'm not satisfied. Teachers are not up to technology. Homeworks were barely less than 10 minutes for 2nd grader. As for 3rd grader, hardly any kids know their timetable. They were learning conversion metric system before learning timetable. In the summer, I had to purchased Complete Curriculum book from Barnes and Nobel for 3rd grader. There were so many areas that 3rd grade classroom left off, such as division, fraction, prepositional phrase, etc.... The spelling test were so easy that even a second grader can spell it.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Ms. Olga Islas
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of San Jose

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

51 North 9th Street