San Jose, CA

Posted February 26, 2014
SJV is an outstanding school. It has innovative programs,dedicated teachers and a thoughtful outstanding principal. The principal takes a caring interest in each and every student. This is unheard of in any of the public schools I have taught in. The strong moral code and Catholic values taught are an essential foundation to build character that is missing in our public schools. My daughter was fortunate to attend SJV for 8 years and now as a very successful adult both academically and morally, she thanks me for sending her to such a special school. She was empowered to accomplish all that she desired.

St. John Vianney 1

Posted October 19, 2013
They changed the kindergarten teacher and she is not good with kids. She is unapproachable and so is the assistant. The teacher is an disciplinarian which resulted to my child also developing anxiety. My child had a horrible year and it is suppose to be fun and exciting. We did all of our volunteering hours and they would not accept it and when asked, they had no reason. They are money hungry. They do not listen to the parents concern. I would not recommend this school. We have moved to another school and couldn't be happier.

St. John Vianney 4

Posted April 21, 2011
My 2 girls, are in Kinder and 2nd grade at SJV. For the past 3 years, it has been an excellent school for all of us. The teachers are wonderful, the girls are really advancing in their education. They are both blossoming at this school. The community at this school is amazing.... I have made so many new friends. Its so much fun when your children s friends are also siblings and their mothers are your best friends. Of course there will always be little things to deal with, but so far, I love this school. Too bad we have to pay for this kind of education.

St. John Vianney 1

Posted March 20, 2011
The school teaches to the middle. If you are academically challenged or way above average forget it. The school is all about discipline not academics or athletics. The athletics program is a joke. Save your money and go to a charter school.

St. John Vianney 0

Posted November 27, 2008
I am a current new student at SJV. I love their programs, and they have a great amount of extra-curricular activities. The middle-school opportunities are amazing! The projects do come unyeilding though, but they teach us to be well-rounded induviduals. They also tailor to each and every children's needs. They have great discipline strategies, and teach to have faith in the Catholic virtues. The students there are very nice. So if you decide to go there, I shouldn't be hard to find because I am a popular kid already! I used to go to Carolyn Clark Elementary and SJV is excellent!

Posted June 13, 2008
I attended this school and now am going to a local high school. Overall academically I made a smooth transition, but was not able to get a step ahead of my peers. The only high school course they offered was Algebra 1. The biggest issue I had was making the Science transition. The Science program taught me very little and I was forced to take General Science instead of biology my freshman year.

Posted May 30, 2008

Posted May 21, 2008
Our daughter transferred this year from a public school to SJV. She has completely blossomed, is being challenged but still achieving straight A's, and she now has a great group of friends with solid morals. We love the school so much that we are now moving our two other children there.

Posted March 03, 2008
My kid is new and SJV is really an excellent school to start with,however,there are lots of projects and activities involving parents which are not properly explained to new parents like us.Each teacher should schedule parents to talk to them regarding the status of their child and other school activities.Thru email is easy but sometimes it's better and easier to express things when you talk personally to the person you want to talk to.

Posted February 09, 2008