St. Frances Cabrini Elementary School 2

Posted August 05, 2014
I'm an alumni from Saint Frances Cabrini, however my experiences in junior high at this school were so-so. The pros were that my peers and I were very challenged in each subject, whether it be English, History, Math, etc. It helped build a strong foundation for our education. Most students seem to be very close to one another. The cons are the behavior of the students. Many of them are polite, however, like all schools, they are going to be some rowdy ones. Unfortunately, I was a student who was bullied and frequently picked on by a student. Because of this behavior, it caused my performance in this school to drop. In my opinion, many of the gifted intelligent students are left unnoticed all the time here. Not all kids are fit for a private school environment, whether you come from a religious family or not. It's a hit or miss, and depends on your child. Your child can have the time of his/her life here or struggle for the next 8-9 years.

Posted May 20, 2014
I I enrolled my son end my daughter to St.Frances X cabrini School I'm so happy My children have never been happier than they are now, and They love everything about St.Frances X Cabrini School and I knows that it is the best move I could have for them end they agree!!

St. Frances Cabrini Elementary School 5

Posted April 17, 2014
We are relatively new at St Frances Cabrini (our daughter started in pre-K and has now completed almost 2 years at the school), but we couldn't be happier with the school. It is a small, faith- and community- centered school, which instills good values as well as a great education. In my experience, the teachers are excellent - they form strong relationships with the students and provide top-quality education in a nurturing environment (again, we've experienced Pre-k and Kinder!). The principal seems to be an inspiring leader. She is warm and friendly towards parents and students, and is actively involved in all aspects of the school. Initially, the Scrip and volunteer-hours commitment seemed a little daunting; but in reality it is very achievable. The only slight negative we have, is the frequent activities and fund-raising that require monetary donation. That said, for a private school, the fees are relatively low and the school must cover its costs somehow! Short of a major personal life-change that would force us away from the area, I would imagine that we will be at St Frances Cabrini until our kids out-grow it.

St. Frances Cabrini Elementary School 2

Posted February 28, 2013
Class sizes are 36 or pushing that & academics are not nearly as strong as the were 5 years ago. The child is no longer taught, but rather the class is. All 36 students (72 for each grade as there are 2 classes/grade) need to be on the same page at all times. Even "advanced" groups are taught the same thing as the "regular" class but just given more problems to do -really, shouldn't the kids who don't understand the work be doing more problems to help them understand? If a new teacher with fresh ideas comes in, they are paired with an "experienced" teacher who has been at the school forever who has complete domain over any new, possibly helpful, thoughts or ideas. If you're looking for a standard, average, ok education that will teach your kid how to get into high school, then SFC is just fine. If you want a school to teach your child, will be ready for high school & who will be capable of succeeding in high school & beyond, then keep looking.

Posted January 15, 2013
Saint Francis Cabrini offers a safe environment for students to learn. We appreciate the small school, intimate feel where students and teachers get to know one another. The academics are rigorous and challenging and there are incredible field trips and on-campus events that make learning relevant. We especially like the strong emphasis in the middle school years on service. The students do many wonderful activities to help others via organized events at school and in the community at-large. It's felt that the study and preparation skills our son is being given will help him easily transition into a college prep high school environment.

Posted December 27, 2012
Our son started at SFC in middle school and absolutely loves it. The staff and teachers are amazing and he is thriving in their warm and nurturing environment. Academically they are solid and they are doing a great job of preparing him for a private high school. We have looked at many other private schools in the area and we highly recommend this one.

St. Frances Cabrini Elementary School 1

Posted November 17, 2012
My family had a terrible experience at SFC. I would never recommend SFC to any parent. The children are put under a lot of pressure and the expectations are not developmentally appropriate. They are not accepting of all children and do not believe all children can learn. They only accept children who fit in a certain box, this is a direct quote from the previous principal.

St. Frances Cabrini Elementary School 5

Posted October 22, 2012
We've been VERY(!!) happy with SFC and all it portrayed itself to be... The staff has been open about requirements and expectations financially and physically and we haven't felt any issues with anything. Out daughter is a full time Pre-K student this year and were absolutely THRILLED with the (new) program and skills learning she's experiencing. The teachers are wonderful and can acknowledge the strengths and weaknesses of the children immediately which is very important. We do 'have' to participate and do so willingly as they ARE our children and we do want the best and want o be involved. There is homework even in Pre-k and I encourage it as its practice for her - and us, as we enter her later years. The Pre-k program starts early - 7:45am but we love it since we're used to our kids having care when they were younger. Then after that class they begin at 8am. It's a great system for early morning drop off as well. The non education staff are wonderful and have a genuine care and concern for the student body. I feel very comfortable with the surroundings and elements the school provides. The children at this school are very grounded and seem to have strong family ties

St. Frances Cabrini Elementary School 3

Posted September 01, 2012
We've been at SFC for 5 years. Most teachers are great, some are not. We had a small class size (23-24) 3 years ago which is good. The last 2 years they increase the class size to 36, that makes the class very crowded and teachers don't get enough one-on-one with the students. The Pre-K and K class time is ridiculous (7:45am). We left for Charter School instead.

St. Frances Cabrini Elementary School 3

Posted March 27, 2012
Not as good of a school as it used to be. We've been at this school for six years & class size has rapidly grown. I don't feel the school was ready for such growth. Classes are full or near-full, kids who can successfully keep up are kept back because of those who have trouble. Parent involvement is rated highly because it's mandated. Some teachers are incredible, others are not & are very ineffective. Luckily, new teachers who start offer a glimmer of hope & enthusiasm. Mandated SCRIP purchase based on profit per child in school is insane. Not sure if there are any better alternatives in the Catholic school system in this area, but better private schools are definitely out there. The "Wow Factor" we had when we found this school has definitely worn off.

St. Frances Cabrini Elementary School
15325 Woodard Road, San Jose, CA  95124
Last modified St. Frances Cabrini Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Frances Cabrini Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top