No rating

Presentation High School

Private | 9-12

Living in San Jose

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $619,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,590.

Sweep tile

Posted February 12, 2014

I graduated from Presentation in '06 and like many, I hated Presentation while I was there. However, now that I have been through college and experienced life outside of Presentation, I am very grateful for the education that I received there. The classes and work load were challenging, but I could not have been better prepared for college. As an example, while I was at Presentation, we were required to write at least two 10-15 page research papers per semester. These papers alone have given me the ability to write any paper ( whether it be for college or work) with ease and high marks, and I am by no means a good writer. In addition to a great education, the all girls environment really helped me gain the confidence I needed in myself without the added pressure of over performing for male peers. I believe my experience at Presentation was definitely worth all the heart ache and stress the rigorous curriculum requires. Ultimately, if I ever have daughters and am still in the area, I will be sending them to Presentation.

Posted September 10, 2013

My daughter went to Presentation High School and LOVED it. She was taught at Presentation how to think for herself. It is an environment where the individual girl is challenged to do her best. The girls are encouraged to be a part of the community too. The teachers are SO very dedicated. Although it is a Catholic school there are girls of all faiths.

Posted September 9, 2013

I think the review mentioning Mitty and Bellarmine is funny. Bellarmine is the brother school to Presentation. So unless your daughter is a boy, she's not going to get into Bellarmine. Mitty and Saint Francis are schools with both genders...like comparing apples and oranges really since this is an all girls school dedicated to helping young women grow. That said, Presentation was and is still a great school. It is smaller. The classes are also smaller and the ladies get a much more personalized education. I've been friends with the girls I graduated with for my entire life and for what it's worth, I know all the guys from Bellarmine still too. I almost worked harder at this school than I did in college. It's tough and I do recall awesome amounts of work that severely cut into my dreams of having a social life. On the other hand, it was only for four years and it was better then than trying to figure out managing that sort of workload freshman year in college. In my adult life, I'm running my own company and successfully sold my first to a Swedish multinational. So, I'd say this prepares young women for adult life and leadership roles quite well. Go Panthers!

Posted September 6, 2013

Choosing to go to pres may have been the worst decision of my life. For some one who has always done average in school when I got to high school my grades tanked. Due to bad transcripts I might have to go to community college. Almost every night I am up until midnight or later struggling to finish the work assigned to me. My friends at public school (who I am just as smart as, if not smarter) have a 3.9 gpa while I have a 2.8. Save your money send your daughter to public school.

Posted June 3, 2011

i love pres. high school is a time of growing up and learning who you are. pres is a safe, caring, supportive environment. the girls are kind, smart, and importance is placed in faith, education, athletics and being a good member in one's community. i'm not Catholic, but the environment at Pres teaches me to be more compassionate and giving, not trying to convert me. i would hope all girls think of pres as an option for high school.

Posted May 21, 2011

I am graduating from Presentation in a week, and I couldn't have asked for a better high school experience. I feel that the music department, although fabulous, is grossly under appreciated, but through no fault of the school itself. The academics are often said to be quite rigourous, and while this is true, one must remember that it is a COLLEGE-PREP school. Those who continue on to four-year university (the vast majority of graduates) find that they are extremely well prepared. Some have even deemed college academics to be easier, and have gone on to successful careers.

Posted March 15, 2011

IN MY DEALINGS WITH THE SCHOOL AS A NEAR BY NEIGHBOR, I HAVE FOUND THAT THE STUDENTS ARE VERY NICE AND THOUGHTFUL. HOWEVER, SEVERAL NEIGHBORS AS WELL AS MYSELF HAVE FOUND THAT THE PRINCIPAL AND OTHERS AT THIS SCHOOL ARE EXTREMELY DISHONEST. OUR NEIGHBORHOOD HAS SUFFERED GREATLY DUE TO THEIR DISHONEST WAYS AND BROKEN PROMISES. I find it sad that a private religiously based high school would have leaders that conduct business with their neighbors in such an unethical fashion.

Posted February 24, 2010

Statistics show that children excel and are more successful when they learn in single sex environments. The rigorous acedemics of a college prep and thought out extra curriculars make Presentation truely one of the best school in the area. The dress code encourage the girls to express themselves without being racy and still having rules. A very safe environment as well.

Posted February 7, 2010

I am a sophomore at Pres and I really love it there. The people are amazing, most teachers are awesome, and I love the environment. I am involved with theater and although we do not put on the best productions in the area, it is a great experience. The only problems with Pres are the academics. They are extremely difficult and although some teachers are flexible with their work load, some are not. It's a great experience, but be prepared for many all nighters and lots of stress!

Posted November 17, 2009

I'm a sophomore student at Pres and I don't really like it. The school is tiny. There is no track, and there are no bleachers at the field. Parking is super limited and most of the spaces are reserved for teachers, which means students have to park in the neighborhoods one or two blocks away. The academics are hard and most teachers don't have flexible schedules if there is trouble in a subject. Some people say its nice not having boys as a distraction but after a few months, it gets really boring. The reason I give it 2 stars is because it is in a convinient location and the sports are really good. However, there is no gymnastics or lacrosse team. Also, some sports (volleyball, soccer mostly) get way more attention than others even though they are all equally good.

Posted April 28, 2009

My daughter is a junior at Presentation High School and it has been a very positive experience for her. She has been academically challenged and has a great sense of pride in her accomplishments. Socially, she has met a wonderful group of girls, who I hope will be her life long friends. She has especially enjoyed not having the distraction of boys in the classroom. She says it would be nice if there was a boys school next door, but it is nice having the classroom focus on school work. It has been a great experience for our entire family.

Posted March 24, 2009

The school is tiny. Limited extracurricular programs. Not recommended over academically superior schools such as Archbishop Mitty and Bellarmine

Posted March 24, 2009

I graduated in '08 and it was a fantastic school for me. The teachers were awesome and so willing to help and the sports and extra-curricular's were fantastic also. I highly recommend it.

Posted December 8, 2008

I loved Presentation High School. The teachers had such a great influence on my years at Pres and I feel like I will never be the same because of it. I absolutely loved the girls that I met and the relationships I made with everyone. I hope to one day return to Presentation so that I can teach and have the same influence on young women as my teachers had on me. I would recommend a thousand times that girls go to Pres. A female goes into Presentation as a young and naive girl but leaves a proud, respectable, and mature woman.

Posted June 21, 2007

Fantastic educational environment for girls to mature into young women. Academically challenging, competitive sports, exceptional performing arts, community service, leadership opportunities.

Posted June 21, 2007

Young girls become leaders, who are academically challenged and made aware of world social issues. The performing arts are fantastic. Sports teams are competitive. Most students perform community service, not because they have to, but because they want to. Transition to college is very easy. Students are accepted in the best colleges around the country.

Posted February 2, 2006

Presentation High School, an all-girls college prep school lacks the essential social structure in which young women soon to be put in the awaited 'real world' can develop good communication and leadership skills. The school is in need of repairs and the uniform encourages dress unacceptable in so ciety.

Posted December 17, 2005

Very high caliber academic program with many honors and AP classes. Active mentoring and student guidance services. Very involved parents and parent board. Many, many extracurricular sports, student government, and arts programs. High caliber instruction.

Posted August 31, 2005

Presentation is a college prep high school and the academics are difficult. There is usually teacher resources for students having trouble with a class. The sports are excellent, it boasts a new field area for outdoor sports and a brand new pool area. The parking is scanty and kids and parents need to park their cars on the neighborhood streets which can make for real traffic congestion. The school goes out of its way to promote healthy life styles and backs it up with statistics and outcomes related to their school. I sent my daughter to this school to build confidence and the good academics. Mission accomplished and then some!

Ethnicity This school
Black 1%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• All girls
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of San Jose

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2281 Plummer Avenue