Posted October 20, 2014
Presentation High School is the best place a young woman can find and become herself. You will be pushed to use your mind and be pushed to do hard things, but it is amazing to see your progress through your time here. And I am here to say you get what you pay for. It was the best education you can get in all of Silicon Valley in my book. If I have girls, I will live on the streets to make sure my daughters have the opportunity to become the most intelligent, God-loving, and independent women they can be. Because teachers don't get payed nearly enough, some are kind of average, but trust me, they are better than any teacher you will find in the local public schools. Sure there is a large homework load, but I know that the extra time and work I put into my education, the more I will get out of my time at Presentation. Because of the smaller amount of students, I know some girls have a hard time finding their niche, but that's high school. The athletic programs at Pres could be improved, but if all you care about is getting a college scholarship and then going pro, then go to Mitty. I became myself while at Pres and I hope more girls can say the same in the future.

Presentation High School 3

Posted October 19, 2014
led me to transfer. The course load at Pres is NO JOKE! Believe me when I say your homework load is practically INCOMPARABLE to ANY other HS in the Bay. Pres girls are NOT exaggerating when they talk about how stressful it is. Now, I love competition: it drives me to preform at my very best. I would hate to be at a school where children are not passionate to learn and succeed, but Pres is just pushing those healthy feelings of ambition to the extreme. Hours upon hours of studying all to get a low GPA in the end=NOT WORTH IT! Teachers don't really care if you're doing bad, and it super hard to try to see them after class. Frankly, its sink or swim. In 8th grade I received a 3.95 GPA and was at the top of my class: at Pres I received a 3.4, 2.9, 2.9, and 3.3 respectively my two years I attended. Those grades are hardly Ivy/Top 20 material. My dreams of attending a prestigious ug vanished. However, I had the sane idea to transfer. Now I'm at a very small (~200 students) private high school in the South Bay and I have around a 3.9 GPA. Yes, there are fewer AP classes/clubs, but at the end of the day I'm happier & less stressed. My advice to you: get out while you still can!!!!!

Presentation High School 3

Posted April 27, 2014
I am currently a Freshman at PHS, and honestly if I went back in time to 8th grade I would not have chosen to come here. It is not the academics or the school itself, I'm actually doing great academically and most teachers are pretty cool. The thing is, the people there are not the people I want to surround myself with. I don't like the way the girls here treat each other. Everyone talks behind everyone's back and even to their face and blah blah blah. I think since there is no boys to impress, girls can be as vicious as they want. I am not happy at this school because I can't find a solid group of friends that I actually really like. Also, I really miss boys. Boys make thins fun and interesting. The mixers arent even fun because no guys go. I stopped going. I literally have not talked to a boy in forever. To be honest I am thinking of transferring and probably will. But if you know that you are great at making friends and are fine in that area, Presentation is a good school for you and GREAT prep for college. (If you don't mind hours of homework every night)

Posted February 12, 2014
I graduated from Presentation in '06 and like many, I hated Presentation while I was there. However, now that I have been through college and experienced life outside of Presentation, I am very grateful for the education that I received there. The classes and work load were challenging, but I could not have been better prepared for college. As an example, while I was at Presentation, we were required to write at least two 10-15 page research papers per semester. These papers alone have given me the ability to write any paper ( whether it be for college or work) with ease and high marks, and I am by no means a good writer. In addition to a great education, the all girls environment really helped me gain the confidence I needed in myself without the added pressure of over performing for male peers. I believe my experience at Presentation was definitely worth all the heart ache and stress the rigorous curriculum requires. Ultimately, if I ever have daughters and am still in the area, I will be sending them to Presentation.

Posted September 10, 2013
My daughter went to Presentation High School and LOVED it. She was taught at Presentation how to think for herself. It is an environment where the individual girl is challenged to do her best. The girls are encouraged to be a part of the community too. The teachers are SO very dedicated. Although it is a Catholic school there are girls of all faiths.

Posted September 09, 2013
I think the review mentioning Mitty and Bellarmine is funny. Bellarmine is the brother school to Presentation. So unless your daughter is a boy, she's not going to get into Bellarmine. Mitty and Saint Francis are schools with both genders...like comparing apples and oranges really since this is an all girls school dedicated to helping young women grow. That said, Presentation was and is still a great school. It is smaller. The classes are also smaller and the ladies get a much more personalized education. I've been friends with the girls I graduated with for my entire life and for what it's worth, I know all the guys from Bellarmine still too. I almost worked harder at this school than I did in college. It's tough and I do recall awesome amounts of work that severely cut into my dreams of having a social life. On the other hand, it was only for four years and it was better then than trying to figure out managing that sort of workload freshman year in college. In my adult life, I'm running my own company and successfully sold my first to a Swedish multinational. So, I'd say this prepares young women for adult life and leadership roles quite well. Go Panthers!

Presentation High School 1

Posted September 06, 2013
Choosing to go to pres may have been the worst decision of my life. For some one who has always done average in school when I got to high school my grades tanked. Due to bad transcripts I might have to go to community college. Almost every night I am up until midnight or later struggling to finish the work assigned to me. My friends at public school (who I am just as smart as, if not smarter) have a 3.9 gpa while I have a 2.8. Save your money send your daughter to public school.

Posted June 03, 2011
i love pres. high school is a time of growing up and learning who you are. pres is a safe, caring, supportive environment. the girls are kind, smart, and importance is placed in faith, education, athletics and being a good member in one's community. i'm not Catholic, but the environment at Pres teaches me to be more compassionate and giving, not trying to convert me. i would hope all girls think of pres as an option for high school.

Posted May 21, 2011
I am graduating from Presentation in a week, and I couldn't have asked for a better high school experience. I feel that the music department, although fabulous, is grossly under appreciated, but through no fault of the school itself. The academics are often said to be quite rigourous, and while this is true, one must remember that it is a COLLEGE-PREP school. Those who continue on to four-year university (the vast majority of graduates) find that they are extremely well prepared. Some have even deemed college academics to be easier, and have gone on to successful careers.

Presentation High School 2

Posted March 15, 2011
IN MY DEALINGS WITH THE SCHOOL AS A NEAR BY NEIGHBOR, I HAVE FOUND THAT THE STUDENTS ARE VERY NICE AND THOUGHTFUL. HOWEVER, SEVERAL NEIGHBORS AS WELL AS MYSELF HAVE FOUND THAT THE PRINCIPAL AND OTHERS AT THIS SCHOOL ARE EXTREMELY DISHONEST. OUR NEIGHBORHOOD HAS SUFFERED GREATLY DUE TO THEIR DISHONEST WAYS AND BROKEN PROMISES. I find it sad that a private religiously based high school would have leaders that conduct business with their neighbors in such an unethical fashion.

Presentation High School
2281 Plummer Avenue, San Jose, CA  95125
Last modified Presentation High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Presentation High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top