9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Posted November 25, 2015
The teachers are very willing to help even after school if possible. The overall atmosphere is great. There have been so many times where the we get to talk on a personal level to our classmates comfortably. There are laughs. There is empathy. There is love. There are tears. Compassion. Enthusiasm. The list goes on. I couldn't have wished for a better high school experience.

Grateful to: Student

Posted November 25, 2015
My counselor, all of my teachers, Mrs. Bobst, Sister Carol, and I think just everyone.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted November 25, 2015
I feel like any HW is too much! But honestly, it isn't that bd but it isn't the amount where I only spend an hour a day. It really depends on the classes you pick.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted November 25, 2015
YES! The religious classes really help you through hard times. I'm really loving PSJ rn. I have never felt closer to my fellow classmates.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 25, 2015
Counselors, teachers, and any of the staff really respect the students. I have never been disrespected and I thoroughly enjoyed my three years here so far even though I came not knowing many people.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 25, 2015
ND teaches us that compassion and empathy are important things to have. Caring is one of millions of other similar acts that fall under these two.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 25, 2015
NDSJ helps the student really understand the good and bad things in life. We learn of compassion, little acts of kindness, the difference between sympathy and empathy, and we learn about corruptness. All the teachers I have encountered have helped me develop honesty, integrity, and fairness. Of course there are those that aren't these things, but I know it's because of something else.

Posted August 19, 2014
The greatest school ever!!! It is my home away from home. I am only a sophomore and am already dreading having to leave. Everyone is friendly, helpful and I feel like I am the getting the best education possible.

Posted June 14, 2012
It is an amazing school that helps you develop leadership skis and there isn't any peer pressure.

Posted May 28, 2010
I've just finished up my junior year at ND, and I love it. The academics, of course, are great. Our humanities departments are particularly strong. The multitude of clubs offered is also one of ND's strengths. But hat sets ND apart from the other private schools in the area is the sense of tolerance that the school practices. We're easily the most diverse of the Catholic schools- ethnically, religiously, financially... It sounds cheesy, but Notre Dame really does 'teach us what we need to know for life'. ND strives to empower and motivate young girls. From the Facing History program, to the abundance of guest speakers, to the brilliant immersion trips, I feel like I've developed a global conscious annd a passion for service and justice at ND. Oh, and the location in downtown San Jose is amazing! The 'city as a classroom' admissions pull is not an exaggeration.

596 South Second Street, San Jose, CA  95112
Last modified Notre Dame High School San Jose is a Private school that serves grades 9-12