Posted August 19, 2014
The greatest school ever!!! It is my home away from home. I am only a sophomore and am already dreading having to leave. Everyone is friendly, helpful and I feel like I am the getting the best education possible.

Posted June 14, 2012
It is an amazing school that helps you develop leadership skis and there isn't any peer pressure.

Posted May 28, 2010
I've just finished up my junior year at ND, and I love it. The academics, of course, are great. Our humanities departments are particularly strong. The multitude of clubs offered is also one of ND's strengths. But hat sets ND apart from the other private schools in the area is the sense of tolerance that the school practices. We're easily the most diverse of the Catholic schools- ethnically, religiously, financially... It sounds cheesy, but Notre Dame really does 'teach us what we need to know for life'. ND strives to empower and motivate young girls. From the Facing History program, to the abundance of guest speakers, to the brilliant immersion trips, I feel like I've developed a global conscious annd a passion for service and justice at ND. Oh, and the location in downtown San Jose is amazing! The 'city as a classroom' admissions pull is not an exaggeration.

Posted December 10, 2009
My daughter thrived at ND. It provides an admirable education setting that instills a culture of students being exceptionally supportive of one another. ND provides an inspired college preparatory program for young women in Silicon Valley, through a global outlook that integrates classroom learning with a commitment to service. ND is culturally as well as economically diverse, a valuable attribute that increases the reach of the learning experience. ND engages young women around issues of a global society and seeks to equip them to succeed and contribute to the communities they will touch with their lives. Students at ND also become part of a history that dates to the school's founding in 1851.

Posted January 15, 2009

Posted November 11, 2007
School has everything a student needs with an inexpensive cost.

Posted July 12, 2007
This coming year, I am going to be a sophomore at ND. It's a wonderful school, that has many great teachers and fun classes. I have had such a great experience here, and I have made tons of friends and learned a lot.

Notre Dame High School San Jose 3

Posted June 14, 2007
- a former student
I went there for freshman year.When i first heard that I was accepted,I was beyond excited. it seemed like the perfect school.However, as the year progressed,I started to like it less and less. there arnt that many AP classes to chose from compared to public schools.At first glance, it might seem as if everyone is very close knit and there arnt any cliques or annimosity between the girls. In reality, there is just as much as any other school. If not more because it is all girls. That spells drama-drama-drama. I transfered out sophomore year, as did nearly 1/2 of my class. I was happier in a large public school. I saw no difference in the quality of education. It all depends on the individual teachers and the individual student. Dont waste your money. Going to ND does NOT guarantee your child to a brighter future.

Posted November 27, 2006
Strong academics, qualified teachers, competitive sports, community service, all under the spiritual umbrella of love and giving of ones' time and talents for the benefit of all.

Posted August 31, 2006
Notre Dame High School provides an excellent college prep program for girls. Most of the teachers, and maybe all of them have at least a Master's Degree in their subject; some have PhD. My daughter graduated in 2006 and my younger daughter will be attending in 2008 and will graduate in 2012. You won't find a better school and I recommend this school to any girl who wants to reach college and probably have most of her Freshman college credits complete. You can't ask for more in a school. It has a 99.8% rate of grads who attend college. The teachers are wonderful and there is a parent website for homework and grades. If you send an email to a teacher, you will receive a response within 24 hours. My daughter loved the atmosphere and notes that there aren't any of the common 'clicks' or groups.

Notre Dame High School San Jose
596 South Second Street, San Jose, CA  95112
Last modified Notre Dame High School San Jose is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Notre Dame High School San Jose Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.