9-12|Private

Bad
Good

The teachers are very willing to help even after school if possible. The overall atmosphere is great. There have been so many times where the we get to talk on a personal level to our classmates comfortably. There are laughs. There is empathy. There is love. There are tears. Compassion. Enthusiasm. The list goes on. I couldn't have wished for a better high school experience.

Amount of homework: no rating

I feel like any HW is too much! But honestly, it isn't that bd but it isn't the amount where I only spend an hour a day. It really depends on the classes you pick.

Develops character: Strongly agree

NDSJ helps the student really understand the good and bad things in life. We learn of compassion, little acts of kindness, the difference between sympathy and empathy, and we learn about corruptness. All the teachers I have encountered have helped me develop honesty, integrity, and fairness. Of course there are those that aren't these things, but I know it's because of something else.

The greatest school ever!!! It is my home away from home. I am only a sophomore and am already dreading having to leave. Everyone is friendly, helpful and I feel like I am the getting the best education possible.

It is an amazing school that helps you develop leadership skis and there isn't any peer pressure.

I've just finished up my junior year at ND, and I love it. The academics, of course, are great. Our humanities departments are particularly strong. The multitude of clubs offered is also one of ND's strengths. But hat sets ND apart from the other private schools in the area is the sense of tolerance that the school practices. We're easily the most diverse of the Catholic schools- ethnically, religiously, financially... It sounds cheesy, but Notre Dame really does 'teach us what we need to know for life'. ND strives to empower and motivate young girls. From the Facing History program, to the abundance of guest speakers, to the brilliant immersion trips, I feel like I've developed a global conscious annd a passion for service and justice at ND. Oh, and the location in downtown San Jose is amazing! The 'city as a classroom' admissions pull is not an exaggeration.

My daughter thrived at ND. It provides an admirable education setting that instills a culture of students being exceptionally supportive of one another. ND provides an inspired college preparatory program for young women in Silicon Valley, through a global outlook that integrates classroom learning with a commitment to service. ND is culturally as well as economically diverse, a valuable attribute that increases the reach of the learning experience. ND engages young women around issues of a global society and seeks to equip them to succeed and contribute to the communities they will touch with their lives. Students at ND also become part of a history that dates to the school's founding in 1851.

School has everything a student needs with an inexpensive cost.

This coming year, I am going to be a sophomore at ND. It's a wonderful school, that has many great teachers and fun classes. I have had such a great experience here, and I have made tons of friends and learned a lot.

I went there for freshman year.When i first heard that I was accepted,I was beyond excited. it seemed like the perfect school.However, as the year progressed,I started to like it less and less. there arnt that many AP classes to chose from compared to public schools.At first glance, it might seem as if everyone is very close knit and there arnt any cliques or annimosity between the girls. In reality, there is just as much as any other school. If not more because it is all girls. That spells drama-drama-drama. I transfered out sophomore year, as did nearly 1/2 of my class. I was happier in a large public school. I saw no difference in the quality of education. It all depends on the individual teachers and the individual student. Dont waste your money. Going to ND does NOT guarantee your child to a brighter future.

Last modified Notre Dame High School San Jose is a Private school that serves grades 9-12