Most Holy Trinity School

Private | K-8

Living in San Jose

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $280,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,530.

Sweep tile

Posted yesterday

My family has had a wonderful experience with Most Holy Trinity for the past 9 years. We have 2 kids, 1 in middle school, and 1 in lower grade. They truly love their teachers dearly regardless they got correction or detention. There is nothing we would concern about the middle school teachers. Many excellent factors to list: strong academic curriculum, helpful and supportive community, safe environment, and individual attention to the students, communicative teachers, & staff. We never have any problem to contact the teachers thru email whether nights or days, weekends or holidays. They are very responsible. This year, most of 8th grader students got accepted to Catholic High schools: Belarmine, Mitty, Nortre Dame, Presentation.etc. Bravo!!! They become very well prepared for their high school years. If you are looking for a school that is safe, nurturing, with strong foundations and an amazing community, look no further.

Posted March 28, 2014

This is a good school. Education is fair, but not the tuition. Expensive, too much fund raising, a lot of service hours, and a lot of hidden fees. My nieces tell me they installed cameras in all the classrooms for security reasons. Hmmm...

Posted March 25, 2014

I am a parent looking for a great middle school and was thinking of sending my children here after visiting their open house. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the school and am now concerned on what you said about the teachers. Can you provide examples?

Posted March 25, 2014

The staff of MHT is heartbroken about the negativity we have read about our school. The teachers pour their hearts and souls into the classroom, so that the children here receive a high quality Catholic education. If you do have concerns about the school please bring them to administrations attention so that they can be addressed. We would be more than happy to sit down with you and discuss it. As a staff member of MHT I can tell you that our teachers and I have years of experience. If you are thinking about enrolling in our school I urge you to spend a Wednesday morning observing our classrooms, so that you can make an educated decision about our school. We would love to meet any interested families.

Posted March 12, 2014

MHT has an excellent staff that truly cares about the students in their classrooms. The middle school has some of the most devoted teachers that I have seen in a long time. They incorporate many subjects into their classroom and teach the middle school students how to be contributing members of society. They work with the students to be sure that the students feel confident with moving on to high school and are well prepared for the rigorous curriculum. All the teachers work hard to be sure that the students needs are being met and that the students are progressing through the content at the students level. If the students are struggling with the content teachers make themselves available before or after school for a study time. This allows students to come to class and ask questions. The school staff also encourages the students to speak up and take part in their education. This school is really a hidden gem. We have a new preschool classroom that prepares the students for kindergarten. We offer art, music, and PE to all grades. The school has a wonderful extended care program and a variety of after school activities available to older students. Come see for yourself!

Posted March 6, 2014

Bullying is definitely a problem here at this school. I tell my children to just ignore it, but its getting worse. There are no rules and I am frustrated by the way other parents do nothing to their children. I see a lot of kids just running around doing whatever they want to other kids. This is a crucial year for my kids and the teachers are not sticking by what they are supposed to.

Posted March 4, 2014

I have two children attending MHT and one who graduated two years ago. I am very happy with the faculty and facilities. The teachers are very caring and they have the best field and gym in our diocese. I just read the previous comment, and I just couldn't understand what inconsistencies they were talking about... I am very happy to have my kids go to Most Holy Trinity.

Posted January 5, 2014

Most Holy Trinity in San Jose, CA Bravo to the 12/20/2013 review. I am parent who was too naive to list the inconsistencies of this school - MHT in San Jose. I have two children and nieces who graduated from this school yet struggled hard to get caught up with their academics in high school. The middle school teachers in this school should be REPLACED and the school should hire more qualified staff to make this school in line in their academic standings with other schools. You pay so much for a catholic education but you do not get the *quality of academics that your children need in getting them to a high school level.

Posted August 13, 2013

At Most Holy Trinity Catholic Elementary School, located at the base of the foothills of San Jose, we make it our mission to daily teach and reinforce those skills, values and ideals that will help to make our world a better place. Serving children from preschool through Eighth Grade, we prepare our students to embrace challenge, to achieve daily, to care for others and to work together to build a community tht will allow them to reach out and build a world where each person has the ability and responsibility to make a difference.Established in 1965, MHT has educated over 10,000 students and now welcomes second generation alumni children. Recent graduates can be seen as valedictorians of their high schools, medical and dental students, college athletes and a vast array of other amazing accomplishments! We are proud to be home to a very diverse and cultural collage of famiies...masses are celebrated on Sundays with the Samoan community, the Hispanic community and the Filipino community, . Our students, teachers and staff embrace our individual similarities and differences..always knowing that we are all created in the image and likeness of God.

Posted April 13, 2010

With all the cutbacks in the public schools, I am grateful to have my child in most Holy Trinity. We have the best gym of all the local middle schools. There are still art , science and P.E. classes. Plus FREE afterschool homework club.

Posted October 21, 2009

My son has been in this school for 2 years now. So we have only met the new and wonderful principal. Our experience in this schoo has been great. It has one of the lowest tuition (maybe the lowest) from all catholic schools in the area, so of course they compensate with fundraising! This way they help the parents find the additional funds in different ways. It works for me. If you dont want to fundraise you have the option of paying it out of pocket. The school has a very family atmosphere and many activities. They take very serious the catholic values and practice it every day. I would recommend it.

Posted October 15, 2009

I have had 4 children graduate and continue on to Catholic High schools. I have my daughter who is a 3rd grader attending the school now. MHT is a safe loving enviorment for my child.

Posted October 14, 2009

This is a very welcoming and caring community. There is wonderful parent support, fantastic leadership from the administration, and great, energetic students who are eager to learn.

Posted October 13, 2009

Most Holy Trinity School is a melting pot of different ethnic groups and a family oriental school.

Posted October 9, 2009

Our school is fantastic. Our students not only take care of each other with kindness, they just finished collecting pennies ($1,300.worth)for childhood cancer research at St. Judes and now they are collecting supplies for the people of Samoa. I am so proud to be part of this school community.

Posted February 15, 2009

I agree with the previous poster. MHT is not the best school. It needs way too many improvements begining with the secretary and ending with some teachers. Until this happens this school will continue to stuggle with it's core catholic values. It will never be the school it once was. That's unfortunate.

Posted September 12, 2008

I would like to have my kids experience catholic education. But this school has so many catches as far as fund raisings, service hours, scrips and all those hidden fees. It s all about money here. I hope they know that NOT all students who go to private schools are rich. Parents are struggling hard to give their children quality education and putting God as a center of their lives. Please do not think we can afford all these money involved matters on top of tuition, registration fees and donations. They even started fund raising three days after the school starts this year. Money, money, money........Hoping that this school focus more on quality education because most parents will be forced to have their children leave the school because of these things. Regrettably, I will have no choice to pull out my kids if these things keep on going. These topnotch kids should have been the pride and glory of MHT but if it won t stop these outstanding students will eventually leave.... I am really hoping and PRAYING that they could lessen these money issues because I really miss how MHT used to be....Sorry for the bad review but it s the TRUTH....

Posted May 7, 2008

Teachers and staff really lack the quality you would expect from a private catholic school that you are paying for. Too many children per class- 38! Children are stuggling and MHT can only think of raising the tuition and asking for more money from parents.

Posted September 11, 2007

I have two daughters that are MHT alumns, and were well-prepared for Presentation High School. My youngest daughter is currently a 7th grader, and is receiveing a fine education. I've gone through five principals at our school, and our communtiy's kids have 'survived' despite parents' 'personal' problems with a principal. By the way, our new principal seems like a loving, and capable person.

Posted May 7, 2007

Hopefully the new incoming principal will bring back the positive element MHT used to have. Unfortunately, it is too little, too late and we have chosen to remove our 2 children from the school.

Ethnicity This school
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Two or more races 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Art teacher(s)
  • Assistant principal(s)
  • Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of San Jose

• Drama

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1940 Cunningham Avenue