No rating

Most Holy Trinity School

Private | K-8

Living in San Jose

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $280,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,530.

Posted June 16, 2014

My child has been their for years. And i must say, i am very dissatisfied, their is no structure at the school. Too many fundraising required, service hours and bingo hours are a joke. The administration has no clue what they are doing. They cant even track commitment requirements. There are plenty incompetent people working there. Even two faced - back stabbing parent who think that she runs the school who obviously gets rewarded through tuition. Although the school is making changes for the good, i will need to be convinced to return through great education, great administration that knows how to deal with school issues and follows through with complaints and concerns.

Posted June 11, 2014

Wow. I am really disappointed by the unfair attack on the principal and the school. The principal is the most hard working and involved principal I have ever known. Is it a struggle to send our child here and fulfill all the requirements? Yes, it is. We both work full time and have to really scramble sometimes. But it is our choice. We love the leadership, community spirit and quality education. And this is the lowest priced Catholic education in San Jose. If it is too much for you and you don't qualify for financial aid, GO TO PUBLIC SCHOOL AND STOP WHINING.

Posted June 11, 2014

The Diocese of San Jose does not care about MHT! Their only concern is money and enrollment. This loving, caring principal has been treated unfair and the Diocese should be ashamed. Mrs. Suarez is the only reason this school has survived this long. She has a heart of gold. The Diocese has failed this school, not the principal.

Posted April 28, 2014

I am appalled by some of the negative comments from parents. My 4 children attended MHT School and all were accepted and attended Catholic High Schools. 3 of the 4 were accepted at great colleges, UC Merced, Stanford & Santa Clara U. MHT has now become part of the Diocesan Katherine Drexel Initiative, providing a unique approach to teaching, incorporating state of the art technology in every classroom. More importantly, though, the spirit of respect, love, justice & concern for fellow brethren permeates classrooms & schoolyard. I received financial assistance throughout many of those years & am grateful for that assistance; however, no other parent ever challenged that assistance. That is a personal matter. As a Christian, it is not our job to judge what anyone else has worked out in order to maintain their child in the school. Christ's teaching are in the spirit of love but the remarks from some of these parents are not expressions of love, but of jealousy... it is true that many people struggle to pay tuition, but this principal does not turn people away if a parent loses their job, becomes ill or whatever their circumstance. You be the judge of who is more Christ-like!

Posted April 25, 2014

My husband and I currently have 3 children attending MHT. But after this past weekend in talking to some MHT parents, we will NOT be returning! we were told that the school principal is allowing some parents to work at the school in return for their children's school tuition, we find it to be so UNFAIR! What the principal needs to understand is that we are all struggling to keep our children at MHT. My husband and I work 2 jobs each and still make time to do our serves hours and all that is required from us. But allowing the parents to work at the school for tuition and at the same time they are completing their serves hours is so WRONG! For all the parents that filled out any Financial paperwork good for you, but maybe you would of been better of quitting your job and talking to the principal. There's one catch, we were told you would have to be her best friend! Of course there is the so call Vice principal she is no help, she is never there and when she is which is ones a week she looks so lost! For any new parents think twice before sending your children to MHT, they don't treat everyone EQUALLY! It's so unfortunately but it should start with the principal.

Posted April 16, 2014

My family has had a wonderful experience with Most Holy Trinity for the past 9 years. We have 2 kids, 1 in middle school, and 1 in lower grade. They truly love their teachers dearly regardless they got correction or detention. There is nothing we would concern about the middle school teachers. Many excellent factors to list: strong academic curriculum, helpful and supportive community, safe environment, and individual attention to the students, communicative teachers, & staff. We never have any problem to contact the teachers thru email whether nights or days, weekends or holidays. They are very responsible. This year, most of 8th grader students got accepted to Catholic High schools: Belarmine, Mitty, Nortre Dame, Presentation.etc. Bravo!!! They become very well prepared for their high school years. If you are looking for a school that is safe, nurturing, with strong foundations and an amazing community, look no further.

Posted March 28, 2014

This is a good school. Education is fair, but not the tuition. Expensive, too much fund raising, a lot of service hours, and a lot of hidden fees. My nieces tell me they installed cameras in all the classrooms for security reasons. Hmmm...

Posted March 25, 2014

I am a parent looking for a great middle school and was thinking of sending my children here after visiting their open house. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the school and am now concerned on what you said about the teachers. Can you provide examples?

Posted March 25, 2014

The staff of MHT is heartbroken about the negativity we have read about our school. The teachers pour their hearts and souls into the classroom, so that the children here receive a high quality Catholic education. If you do have concerns about the school please bring them to administrations attention so that they can be addressed. We would be more than happy to sit down with you and discuss it. As a staff member of MHT I can tell you that our teachers and I have years of experience. If you are thinking about enrolling in our school I urge you to spend a Wednesday morning observing our classrooms, so that you can make an educated decision about our school. We would love to meet any interested families.

Posted March 12, 2014

MHT has an excellent staff that truly cares about the students in their classrooms. The middle school has some of the most devoted teachers that I have seen in a long time. They incorporate many subjects into their classroom and teach the middle school students how to be contributing members of society. They work with the students to be sure that the students feel confident with moving on to high school and are well prepared for the rigorous curriculum. All the teachers work hard to be sure that the students needs are being met and that the students are progressing through the content at the students level. If the students are struggling with the content teachers make themselves available before or after school for a study time. This allows students to come to class and ask questions. The school staff also encourages the students to speak up and take part in their education. This school is really a hidden gem. We have a new preschool classroom that prepares the students for kindergarten. We offer art, music, and PE to all grades. The school has a wonderful extended care program and a variety of after school activities available to older students. Come see for yourself!

Posted March 6, 2014

Bullying is definitely a problem here at this school. I tell my children to just ignore it, but its getting worse. There are no rules and I am frustrated by the way other parents do nothing to their children. I see a lot of kids just running around doing whatever they want to other kids. This is a crucial year for my kids and the teachers are not sticking by what they are supposed to.

Posted March 4, 2014

I have two children attending MHT and one who graduated two years ago. I am very happy with the faculty and facilities. The teachers are very caring and they have the best field and gym in our diocese. I just read the previous comment, and I just couldn't understand what inconsistencies they were talking about... I am very happy to have my kids go to Most Holy Trinity.

Posted January 5, 2014

Most Holy Trinity in San Jose, CA Bravo to the 12/20/2013 review. I am parent who was too naive to list the inconsistencies of this school - MHT in San Jose. I have two children and nieces who graduated from this school yet struggled hard to get caught up with their academics in high school. The middle school teachers in this school should be REPLACED and the school should hire more qualified staff to make this school in line in their academic standings with other schools. You pay so much for a catholic education but you do not get the *quality of academics that your children need in getting them to a high school level.

Posted August 13, 2013

At Most Holy Trinity Catholic Elementary School, located at the base of the foothills of San Jose, we make it our mission to daily teach and reinforce those skills, values and ideals that will help to make our world a better place. Serving children from preschool through Eighth Grade, we prepare our students to embrace challenge, to achieve daily, to care for others and to work together to build a community tht will allow them to reach out and build a world where each person has the ability and responsibility to make a difference.Established in 1965, MHT has educated over 10,000 students and now welcomes second generation alumni children. Recent graduates can be seen as valedictorians of their high schools, medical and dental students, college athletes and a vast array of other amazing accomplishments! We are proud to be home to a very diverse and cultural collage of famiies...masses are celebrated on Sundays with the Samoan community, the Hispanic community and the Filipino community, . Our students, teachers and staff embrace our individual similarities and differences..always knowing that we are all created in the image and likeness of God.

Posted April 13, 2010

With all the cutbacks in the public schools, I am grateful to have my child in most Holy Trinity. We have the best gym of all the local middle schools. There are still art , science and P.E. classes. Plus FREE afterschool homework club.

Posted October 21, 2009

My son has been in this school for 2 years now. So we have only met the new and wonderful principal. Our experience in this schoo has been great. It has one of the lowest tuition (maybe the lowest) from all catholic schools in the area, so of course they compensate with fundraising! This way they help the parents find the additional funds in different ways. It works for me. If you dont want to fundraise you have the option of paying it out of pocket. The school has a very family atmosphere and many activities. They take very serious the catholic values and practice it every day. I would recommend it.

Posted October 15, 2009

I have had 4 children graduate and continue on to Catholic High schools. I have my daughter who is a 3rd grader attending the school now. MHT is a safe loving enviorment for my child.

Posted October 14, 2009

This is a very welcoming and caring community. There is wonderful parent support, fantastic leadership from the administration, and great, energetic students who are eager to learn.

Posted October 13, 2009

Most Holy Trinity School is a melting pot of different ethnic groups and a family oriental school.

Posted October 9, 2009

Our school is fantastic. Our students not only take care of each other with kindness, they just finished collecting pennies ($1,300.worth)for childhood cancer research at St. Judes and now they are collecting supplies for the people of Samoa. I am so proud to be part of this school community.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Art teacher(s)
  • Assistant principal(s)
  • Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of San Jose

• Drama

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1940 Cunningham Avenue