San Jose, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 21, 2014
After reading the reviews over the past few months, it is no wonder this school is in such poor shape. It's you, the parents! Over the past year you have driven out a wonderful principal, and four good teachers. All your complaints did was ruin the confidence of educators who really helped MHT. Here's an idea: Stop telling people how to do their job and stop looking for someone to blame. Congratulations on ruining a perfectly good school.

Posted September 26, 2014
As the father of 3 children at MHT, I find the new principal truly a poor leader that sows dissent among the staff, students, and parents. For her first month working as a principal, she was late at least 2 days per week and that not included her personnel absents. Her excuse is that she lives in San Francisco. In 1 month, she has driven teachers to contemplate leaving the school. I encourage everyone please checks her background at www. Change.Org, so you can see the petition against her from Argonne, San Francisco Unified School District, last year. MHT is now in a dangerous place where the principal cannot function effectively. She should be replaced immediately. I hate to have my children leave MHT, but might be it is the best choice for them at this time.
3 people found this helpful

Posted June 16, 2014
My child has been their for years. And i must say, i am very dissatisfied, their is no structure at the school. Too many fundraising required, service hours and bingo hours are a joke. The administration has no clue what they are doing. They cant even track commitment requirements. There are plenty incompetent people working there. Even two faced - back stabbing parent who think that she runs the school who obviously gets rewarded through tuition. Although the school is making changes for the good, i will need to be convinced to return through great education, great administration that knows how to deal with school issues and follows through with complaints and concerns.

Posted June 11, 2014
Wow. I am really disappointed by the unfair attack on the principal and the school. The principal is the most hard working and involved principal I have ever known. Is it a struggle to send our child here and fulfill all the requirements? Yes, it is. We both work full time and have to really scramble sometimes. But it is our choice. We love the leadership, community spirit and quality education. And this is the lowest priced Catholic education in San Jose. If it is too much for you and you don't qualify for financial aid, GO TO PUBLIC SCHOOL AND STOP WHINING.

Posted June 11, 2014
The Diocese of San Jose does not care about MHT! Their only concern is money and enrollment. This loving, caring principal has been treated unfair and the Diocese should be ashamed. Mrs. Suarez is the only reason this school has survived this long. She has a heart of gold. The Diocese has failed this school, not the principal.

Posted April 28, 2014
I am appalled by some of the negative comments from parents. My 4 children attended MHT School and all were accepted and attended Catholic High Schools. 3 of the 4 were accepted at great colleges, UC Merced, Stanford & Santa Clara U. MHT has now become part of the Diocesan Katherine Drexel Initiative, providing a unique approach to teaching, incorporating state of the art technology in every classroom. More importantly, though, the spirit of respect, love, justice & concern for fellow brethren permeates classrooms & schoolyard. I received financial assistance throughout many of those years & am grateful for that assistance; however, no other parent ever challenged that assistance. That is a personal matter. As a Christian, it is not our job to judge what anyone else has worked out in order to maintain their child in the school. Christ's teaching are in the spirit of love but the remarks from some of these parents are not expressions of love, but of jealousy... it is true that many people struggle to pay tuition, but this principal does not turn people away if a parent loses their job, becomes ill or whatever their circumstance. You be the judge of who is more Christ-like!

Posted April 25, 2014
My husband and I currently have 3 children attending MHT. But after this past weekend in talking to some MHT parents, we will NOT be returning! we were told that the school principal is allowing some parents to work at the school in return for their children's school tuition, we find it to be so UNFAIR! What the principal needs to understand is that we are all struggling to keep our children at MHT. My husband and I work 2 jobs each and still make time to do our serves hours and all that is required from us. But allowing the parents to work at the school for tuition and at the same time they are completing their serves hours is so WRONG! For all the parents that filled out any Financial paperwork good for you, but maybe you would of been better of quitting your job and talking to the principal. There's one catch, we were told you would have to be her best friend! Of course there is the so call Vice principal she is no help, she is never there and when she is which is ones a week she looks so lost! For any new parents think twice before sending your children to MHT, they don't treat everyone EQUALLY! It's so unfortunately but it should start with the principal.

Posted April 16, 2014
My family has had a wonderful experience with Most Holy Trinity for the past 9 years. We have 2 kids, 1 in middle school, and 1 in lower grade. They truly love their teachers dearly regardless they got correction or detention. There is nothing we would concern about the middle school teachers. Many excellent factors to list: strong academic curriculum, helpful and supportive community, safe environment, and individual attention to the students, communicative teachers, & staff. We never have any problem to contact the teachers thru email whether nights or days, weekends or holidays. They are very responsible. This year, most of 8th grader students got accepted to Catholic High schools: Belarmine, Mitty, Nortre Dame, Presentation.etc. Bravo!!! They become very well prepared for their high school years. If you are looking for a school that is safe, nurturing, with strong foundations and an amazing community, look no further.

Most Holy Trinity School 2

Posted March 28, 2014
This is a good school. Education is fair, but not the tuition. Expensive, too much fund raising, a lot of service hours, and a lot of hidden fees. My nieces tell me they installed cameras in all the classrooms for security reasons. Hmmm...

Posted March 25, 2014
I am a parent looking for a great middle school and was thinking of sending my children here after visiting their open house. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the school and am now concerned on what you said about the teachers. Can you provide examples?

Most Holy Trinity School
1940 Cunningham Avenue, San Jose, CA  95122
Last modified Most Holy Trinity School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Most Holy Trinity School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top