Bellarmine College Preparatory School

Private | 9-12

Living in San Jose

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $400,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,390.

Sweep tile

Posted March 21, 2006

This is the best investment that parents can provide for their son(s). As a graduate of Bellarmine who went on to be a mentor in college, I've seen the value of such a great education. Acadmically, it can't be beat (in Northern California)> Every student is there to get prepared for college. No girls means no drama between teens,etc. This really is much more valuable than one might think (I've seen so many students get caught up in the MTV reality-shows and go to school thinking it's all about girls/boys.. Religious views are presented at Bellarmine, not forced upon. There is also a great sense of history at Bellarmine, a sense of family. Bellarmine also teaches the importance of social awareness and service, which are just as important as math skills and a new language learned.. Bellarmine graduates students who are prepared academically as well as socially.

Posted February 7, 2006

Great place for boys to become well rounded, caring, college ready young men.

Posted September 15, 2005

Bellarmine is a wonderful private high school with many excelled academic and extra curricular activities. Despite the fact that your son will at first dislike the idea of not having females in the school, he will come to realize a greater good to that factor. Your son will thank the fact that if he has concerns or questions about a topic during class, he will not be ashamed to ask those questions. He will excell in class because there is no pressure in feeling 'dumb'. Bellarmine also provides many chances for social time with girls, we have monthly mixers, and also are invited to our neighboring girl schools Presentation and Notre Dame. Bellarmine provides technological advances in learning, and also has a great atmosphere for it. For your children who love sports, we are ranked number one in our diocese and have won many CCS title championships.
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 2, 2005

Very competetive environment, not right for everyone.

Posted May 24, 2005

Bellarmine is one of the best academic schools in the Silicon Valley area. The clases are challenging and grading is very strict especially in the sciences. The honors curriculum is rigorous and compares well with AP classes in other schools, no extra credits and students are expected to keep up or drop the class. Most of the teachers are very experienced and have a caring attitude and takes time to ensure everyone keeps up. The school has national ranking in speech and debate and has been California state champion. The robotics team is in at the same level. Sports are usually outstanding with most teams winning their league on a perennial basis and placing finalists in state sectional and state tournaments. School is well organized with daily web mail updates. There is a very serious academic atmosphere and success in all areas are expected.

Posted April 7, 2005

This is the best school in the area, bar none. Bellarmine is a serious college-prep environment and high effort and performance is expected from each student. Activities are amazing. The school competes and succeeds on the national level in every activity from journalism to water polo. Expect your child to work hard at this school, but expect great results.

Posted January 21, 2005

I had my sons go here and they loved it. They got a great education, in addition to getting well-rounded exposure to everything from social justice, community service, debating, to athletics. Top notch school and perhaps the best in the San Francisco bay area.

Posted October 6, 2004

an excellent school with a strong emphasis on social justice.

Posted September 21, 2004

Bellarmine College Prep, ideal school for our grandson, who achieved 'A' grades in his studies throughout public elementary schools while concurrently participating in athletics, community and religious outreach series. My grandson needed greater academic stimulation challenges; as well as, outstanding learning institution to prepare him academically, mentally and socially for his life experience in a top ranked college/university studies program. Bellarmine provides quality academics, social interaction, development of character, ethics and respect for mankind. Bellarmine s faculty and administration teach and practice principles of high integrity, morality, honesty, leadership and challenge their students to succeed. Bellarmine continues to raise the bar and standards of academic studies, achieving goals and teaches to overcome setbacks and prepare students for life in the real world. When a Bellarmine graduate leaves for college and ultimately manhood, he is prepared to succeed and contribute anywhere, any place, any time in The World. All my grandsons will attend Bellarmine.

Posted August 23, 2004

I have a son that goes to this school and the school is gret with sports and extra activities for them to keep busy with. Every day my son gets home from school he spends at least 3 hours of homework and studying. The teachers at this school are very strict and explain the material very good an if the stdent does not understand the material all of the teachers are always available after school where the student can go in and get extra help from the teachers.

Posted June 2, 2004

My son just completed his first year as a freshman at Bellarmine. He has absolutely loved his experience at Bell and so have we! It is a loving community filled with warmth and humour. The academics are top-notch and so are the boys that attend this very special school. As parents, all of our encounters with staff and other families have been very positive and rewarding. We feel priveledged to have our son attend such a wonderful school.

Posted April 2, 2004

I attended the school along with my brothers and I sent both my sons there and I am sure they will send their sons there too. It is a wonderful experience and wholly prepares the boys for college. My sons thought college was easy because they were so prepared when they got there.

Posted August 19, 2003

I am a very proud parent of a recent Bellarmine graduate. I believe Bellarmine's success over the last 100 years is it's commitment to service, loyalty and education that helped create very remarkable citizens. My son has made friendships that will last his whole life. Bellarmine prepared him for success in college and I am confident he will meet the challenges. I am grateful for his teachers and all the administration that guided him through his teen years. We will miss the community at Bellarmine!!

Posted August 10, 2003

Haha, as if I am a parent. My name is Esteban parker, and I am soon to be a Sophomore going to Bellarmine ^_^ My Freshman year was great! I had never had so many friends and people to now. The diversity of acitivities, all of the classes with great teachers, and a ton of stuff that I am wholey impressed at. Today, while riding with my parents to Monte Clair, I was looking out the window at the ocean as we passed the bridge when I thought of the school I would be returning to. The thought that all these ties and bonds of friendships will continue after the four years are up filled me woith happiness, and I can't wait to come. ^_^ Thank ya

Ethnicity This school
Two or more races 4%
Black 3%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mark L. Pierotti,
  • All boys
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • JSEA
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of San Jose