No rating

Achiever Christian School

Private | PK-8 | 275 students

Our school is best known for creating a family atmosphere & a great community.

Living in San Jose

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $619,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,590.

School Official Point of View

Posted May 3, 2010

Achiever Christian School exists to Elevate Life. As we partner with families in educating their children we incorporate a biblical worldview into everything we say and do. Academics and interpersonal relationships between families and staff members are of prime importance. The Administration has an open door policy and strives to work with families to make their educational experience personal and academically challenging without being overwhelming. The Principal encourages all families to follow the Matthew 18:15 principle of conflict resolution. 'If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over.' Going directly to the person you are in conflict with brings peace and resolution and promotes an elevated life.

Posted May 21, 2014

My children have been attending Achiever elementary for the past two school years and they absolutely love it. The friendships they have establish are wonderful. The teachers are extremely loving, hard working, and I feel they really care about kids as their owns. The principal is great and is easily accessible when you have a need. My son was having academic learning problems and she took the lead in making sure he had the right learning support to ramp him up. This is a well rounded school, it was very cool that the open up the opportunity for the 4th and 5th graders to play on the middle school soccer team this past year. For me, besides all the points I have made I really like that my children go here is because they really LOVE GOD and teach christian teachings from the bible!! Now that's the best education anyone could receive. Do yourself a favor and meet them if you are considering a private school.

Posted August 22, 2013

We've been at Achiever for six years and are very happy with it. The school came highly recommended to us by friends when we were looking for a preschool. It's important to us that what we teach at home is reinforced at school and not contradicted. The biblical values being taught give the kids guidelines on how to treat each other and they're very tolerant of one another's differences. Our class sizes have been around 16-18 kids over the years. There is a lot of parent involvement and everyone seems to know one another. This gives it a community type feel where you know they are looking out for one another. I have to give a shout out to their computer program. These kids are learning early in elementary keyboard & computer navigation as well as programs like Word & Powerpoint.

Posted March 20, 2012

I love this preschool!! Both of my children attended preschool at ACS for 3 years, now my son is in a public school that is rated a 10 on great schools.org and he is still ahead academically. The teachers are so wonderful, caring and comapssionate. My chidlren had Miss Linda, Miss Carmen, Miss Jusy, Miss Denise and Miss Teresa and they were all fabulous. If I could afford to keep my children here for elementary school I would without a doubt.

Posted April 20, 2011

All three of my children have attended Achiever Christian School and we are in our last year at the school. For a total of 8 years, my two boys, one daughter and my husband and I have experienced good and bad times. 90% of what we experienced was excellent. As in life, there were hard times here too. I have seen the school continue to improve and upgrade in every way. I believe with more parent communication to the teachers and if necessary administration, all problems would be fixed and made right. ACS cares about the families. What is right for one student and family may not be right for another. They strive for high standards and make accommodations if necessary. Mostly, the Christian values shine and the Lord will be glorified in this school and through the students, teachers, staff and families.!!! Go take a look!! Then, get involved.

Posted December 19, 2010

I enrolled my daughter in the Jr. K program because she missed the cutoff date for public K. This school has exceeded my expectations. The teachers are caring, kind and patient. In the 4 months my daughter has been here, she has learned so much and made so many friends. The parent involvement is wonderful.

Posted May 25, 2010

I am actually very excited about the change in Administration! I am not happy about the timing or abrupt way that it came about, but could not be more pleased with the advancement of Mrs. Julie Brown. My children have been here for 6 years so far and Mrs. Brown has been beyond excellent. Her joy and nature truly show her love for the kids here at Achiever and that is really what we want is for our kids to be loved. Both my husband and I are THRILLED!!!!

Posted May 12, 2010

Very disappointed with the recent decision to abruptly change leadership. My children will not return next year.

Posted April 6, 2010

I really like Achievers. My only issue is that they are very accedemically inclined. Its not bad, but where a normal school cut age is Dec. 2 for the following grade, theirs is mid-sept. (I think) which makes them older and more mature classrooms. There is a very small opening in education and maturity wise. But the teachers are wonderful and Julie, the principle is a wonderful person who answers any and all questions (even the not so bright ones)! :)

Posted January 8, 2010

When you look at private pre-schools and elementary schools in the area, this one stands out among the best. The classrooms are cheerful, not drab. There is a good balance between a focus on acadamic standards and a love/enjoyment of learning. When budget cuts are made and other schools are cutting programs, ACS is still offering enhancement classes (spanish, computer, art, music etc.) The teachers are attentive, creative and very loving. The principal is responsive to concerns and very willing to make changes when improvements can/should be made. For the price, it would be hard to find a more desireable place to send your preschooler or elementary student.

Posted December 7, 2009

I have had 19 years experience with Achiever Christian School and am very thankful for a school who is concerned for the whole child. My college aged children received the best academic foundation that have encouraged them to continue to be life-long learners!

Posted October 14, 2009

The teachers are very caring and have great enthusiam for learning. The 'family' atmosphere, the school is small enough that you feel you know alot of the families that go there. The parent participation shows that the parents really care about their childrens and their education. The option of my 3rd grader being able to challenge level classes. The security my children feel at their school.

Posted October 12, 2009

I love how the teachers love and care for the children. They conenect with them and help them be the best they can be. The leadreship is awesome, they want to follow God in every way and it shows. The curriculum and enhancement programs are superb!

Posted October 7, 2009

We are extremely happy at ACS. My children are thriving and growing with the guidance of the outstanding teachers and faculty. As a parent you have the secure feeling that your children are as important to the teachers and staff as you would expect from this wonderful school.

Posted September 23, 2009

Great loving Christian environment; ethnically diverse; high academic level; great extra-curricular activities; awesome after-care program.

Posted September 22, 2009

The Biblical principles applied to everyday school learning and life for my kids and the entire ACS extended family.

Posted September 18, 2009

They really care about my son, achiever is a great school.

Posted July 15, 2009

My son has been this preschool for 2 years and he loves going to this school. The teachers are really caring the kids and teaching. And Mrs. Julie Brown helps a lot for making decision for age appropriate class. I love ...love this school.

Posted June 11, 2009

I love this Preschool. My son's preschool teacher Miss Judy is the excellent one. You can't image what kind of shy and mommy boy he was before he goes to school. I can't even put my son in ymca daycare for 5 minute. I try many wayS to train him independence. I fail..... he just need me to stay with him every minute. I am a full time mom and my son never went to any day care before. Now Less than one year. he is happy and Love school~~ Strongly recomment this school.

Posted May 30, 2009

As this school year ends and my last child moves into high school I find myself being very sad to leave ACS. I cannot speak highly enough about some of the staff. From preschool all the way through middle school a few very special staffers have touched my child's life in such a godly way. Mr. Stan Vajdos and Mrs. Julie Brown have been hugely instrumental in the devlopment of my children in a fun caring and educational way. These two individuals completely poured themselves into our children as well as all of the children at ACS. I commend the pastor for hiring such stellar people. These two (along with others) have a special place in our hearts as they have helped shape the character of our children. I wish ACS, 'Mr. Stan' and 'Miss Julie' every success!

Posted March 13, 2009

The after care program has been great I feel that the staff truly help our children to learn but also proved a safe environment that we sometimes wonder if that is possible. I would give the after care a five star and the school five stars as well.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff French
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Community service awards received in the past 3 years
  • Outstanding Contributor to Childcare (2013)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Extra learning resources offered
  • Differentiated learning programs

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Swimming pool

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:10 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Mrs. Julie Brown
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • (408) 264-2001

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

• Art teacher(s)
  • Computer specialist(s)
  • Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Computer lab
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Drama
  • Improv
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Drama club

Photos

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom