San Jose, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted May 08, 2014
Having been a public school student myself I didn't really think much of the need for a religious education when I enrolled my kids here, but now I love that Christianity is taught as a core component of the education. It builds character, and it does not in any way sacrifice the fundamentals. If anything, I've found that the religious piece enhances the basic education, and that my kids have received an excellent balance between being allowed to just "be kids" and learning in ways that are a lot of fun. Parent involvement is expected, but I see that as a benefit -- I get to know the families of my kids' friends, I learn about what I can do to help my children as they focus on a particular subject, and I have the opportunity to make the experience of my children and their friends even better. The school was recently accredited, and passed in the highest category -- an outstanding review. ...and yes, the students compete with other schools in the area, often bringing home awards. Grades my kids attended: Preschool, kindergarten, and first grade

Posted April 17, 2014
My children have attended Milpitas Christian school for the last nine years. It truly has been everything we wanted in a school. A pleasant campus,great location, security, excellent academics, sports programs the list goes on and on. But what really separates this school from the rest is there teaching staff. They are like an all star team. I ask you to reflect back on when you were a kid. Remember the last day of school everyone is excited because it's summer break. Except you were sad because you loved your teachers and you already miss her or him .Every year is like that at Milpitas Christian school. You should choose Milpitas Christian school your family will not regret it!

Posted March 12, 2014
My children have been attending MCS for 6 years now. No school is perfect, but this one is great! We are very pleased! It's a very well rounded and friendly school. If you are thinking about enrolling your children, just call them up and schedule a tour to see for yourself. Teachers are well coordinated not only in their own classroom, but with each other. We LOVE the outdoor education program (overnight extended field trips) which starts in 4th grade. They have an excellent program for music and technology, and a few years ago Spanish was added too. Plenty of extra opportunities for extra-curricular activities including sports, band, and a gifted program. The tuition is reasonable (just compare with other schools). (PS-Regarding the parent who's review said that Bible instruction focused on verse memorization. Maybe their child is in one of the younger grades or they are just seeing the memory verse homework. In class there is much more real life application instruction, and it gets more in depth as the grades advance. For example, in 6th grade the curriculum covers every book of the Bible, and in 7th grade it's focused on the life of Christ and the book of John.)

Milpitas Christian School 3

Posted January 22, 2014
My daughter attends. It compares "+" against charters, and level with some other private schools. The level of academic work and homework is generally demanding. For example: Vacation homework during Christmas. What seems to be odd is the way the school addresses religion teaching. Rather than "teaching the value of religion" in general (morality, values etc.) which may be considered of value in a career, while compatible with the word "Christian", the school focuses instead solely on "memorizing passages from the bible". What's the point of that? A memory test.? Comments from students indicate that they just "follow instructions to pass grade.". They also "upset" typical American kids telling them that "Halloween" is something evil. Huh? Just a chance to dress up and get candy? Get with the program! There are comments below about different teaching for different ethnic groups: They accept foreign students, and modify the curriculum ONLY for such students to give them a chance to learn English On the plus side: The staff (that I have met) are generally friendly, understanding that "pupils have different religious views" etc. Bullying and behavior appear well controlled.

Posted December 19, 2013
The teachers are caring, the academics are rigorous, and the environment is nurturing. Lots of extracurricular activities and enrichment programs. Our family is very satisfied with MCS.

Posted December 07, 2013
We have four children and all of them have gone through preschool, elementary and middle school at MCS. We have been very happy with the experiences that they've had there. The teachers are loving, kind and compassionate. It has been a blessing that these teachers partner with parents to help their students continue as academic achievers and citizens with moral backbone. I highly recommend this school!

Posted October 10, 2013
When I pick up my son from Milpitas Christian School, he has a big smile on his face and is excited to tell me what he learned in school that day. After attending kindergarten in the public school system (Berryessa School District), I decided to try MPC for summer school. MPC came highly recommended by several good friends. They told me I would not be disappointed - and they were right. We had such a great experience, I enrolled my son at MPC for 1st grade. I have NO regrets. The teachers are awesome!! There is an aide who helps out in my son's class and also music and computer classes for each grade.

Milpitas Christian School 1

Posted March 30, 2013
This is sucks big time. This school used to be good too many years ago before everything got change. It is a waster of money.

Posted January 18, 2013
My daughter is in kindergarten. We love this school. It is a very special place. the administrators, teachers, students and parents all work toward the goal of not only educating my child but helping the students become stewards of life. They teach more than just great academics. It's a fun, friendly and family oriented school that focuses on the whole child: academics, social skills and spiritual growth. Terrific school!!

Milpitas Christian School 1

Posted October 18, 2012
When you get to the 6th, 7th and 8th grade it is not competitive like the Mission san Jose and Cupertino Middle schools. They are very slow, and the stuff aren't even challenging. This school lost over 35% of it's student since 2009 from what I figured out. I pulled my kids out cuz it is not what I expected. A few teaching staff is good, but they aren't all good. There are very lazy ones and ones that favor white over asian kids when you can see majority are asians. They give different rules to different kids. I found out how inconsistent this school is, so I pulled my kids out. The inconsistency is among their teaching staff and non teaching staff. I don't think this school have much true christian staff working. It is just a money making institution using the name of christianity to get parents to enroll their children. what a waste of money.

Milpitas Christian School
3435 Birchwood Ln, San Jose, CA  95132
Last modified Milpitas Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Milpitas Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top