PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Our kids have gone to MCS for the past eight years, and they have had fantastic experiences there. The school has very caring teachers and a lot of individual attention. Also, the unique outdoor education program has helped them bond with all of their classmates, and grow into pretty great teenagers. The only downside is that we've been pretty spoiled right before they leave for big impersonal high school!

My son has attended MCS since Kindergarten and this is his 3rd year with MCS. He loves this school. The teachers are nice and passionate to the kids. There is on site day care on campus which closes at 6:30pm. My son loves play with his friends in day care. MCS offers AR program to motivate kids read and also fun projects to help student acquire knowledge or gain interest in science. The required work off hour gives parents opportunity to involve in school project. Great school and safe environment for kids to learn and grow. It is Christian school, so kids are required to recite Bible verse, which helps kids to build their character. We will continue stay in this school until he graduates from 8th grade.

Unfortunately the Middle School students are given a lot of "busy" homework. Writing daily Bible journals where the teacher does not even read them is a good example. For a Christian school, they are lacking in being able to really convey the true meaning of what it means to be a Christian, instead, they are too busy discussing with the class how each and every one is a sinner and assigning busy work. Too bad, as the elementary school is very good.

There are a lot of bullying going on at this school. They have kids from rough homes attending this school for a year to two at most . MCS takes in any students and your child is at risk for those that maybe a danger to other students. They will keep students that should attend public school's Special Needs Program due to reasons such as "heredity reasons, illnesses, autism, etc. They will made you believe this school is the right school for your child because they want your money and they do not provide anything more than a low scoring school like Toyon Elementary, Summerdale Elementary, etc. This school is not transparent to the public and most kids in this school cannot even write as well as those that are in The Fremont Mission School District schools, San Ramon School District, Cupertino Union School District, and Foster City School District, etc. No transparencies mean coverup = waste of money.

Having been a public school student myself I didn't really think much of the need for a religious education when I enrolled my kids here, but now I love that Christianity is taught as a core component of the education. It builds character, and it does not in any way sacrifice the fundamentals. If anything, I've found that the religious piece enhances the basic education, and that my kids have received an excellent balance between being allowed to just "be kids" and learning in ways that are a lot of fun. Parent involvement is expected, but I see that as a benefit -- I get to know the families of my kids' friends, I learn about what I can do to help my children as they focus on a particular subject, and I have the opportunity to make the experience of my children and their friends even better. The school was recently accredited, and passed in the highest category -- an outstanding review. ...and yes, the students compete with other schools in the area, often bringing home awards. Grades my kids attended: Preschool, kindergarten, and first grade

My children have attended Milpitas Christian school for the last nine years. It truly has been everything we wanted in a school. A pleasant campus,great location, security, excellent academics, sports programs the list goes on and on. But what really separates this school from the rest is there teaching staff. They are like an all star team. I ask you to reflect back on when you were a kid. Remember the last day of school everyone is excited because it's summer break. Except you were sad because you loved your teachers and you already miss her or him .Every year is like that at Milpitas Christian school. You should choose Milpitas Christian school your family will not regret it!

My children have been attending MCS for 6 years now. No school is perfect, but this one is great! We are very pleased! It's a very well rounded and friendly school. If you are thinking about enrolling your children, just call them up and schedule a tour to see for yourself. Teachers are well coordinated not only in their own classroom, but with each other. We LOVE the outdoor education program (overnight extended field trips) which starts in 4th grade. They have an excellent program for music and technology, and a few years ago Spanish was added too. Plenty of extra opportunities for extra-curricular activities including sports, band, and a gifted program. The tuition is reasonable (just compare with other schools). (PS-Regarding the parent who's review said that Bible instruction focused on verse memorization. Maybe their child is in one of the younger grades or they are just seeing the memory verse homework. In class there is much more real life application instruction, and it gets more in depth as the grades advance. For example, in 6th grade the curriculum covers every book of the Bible, and in 7th grade it's focused on the life of Christ and the book of John.)

My daughter attends. It compares "+" against charters, and level with some other private schools. The level of academic work and homework is generally demanding. For example: Vacation homework during Christmas. What seems to be odd is the way the school addresses religion teaching. Rather than "teaching the value of religion" in general (morality, values etc.) which may be considered of value in a career, while compatible with the word "Christian", the school focuses instead solely on "memorizing passages from the bible". What's the point of that? A memory test.? Comments from students indicate that they just "follow instructions to pass grade.". They also "upset" typical American kids telling them that "Halloween" is something evil. Huh? Just a chance to dress up and get candy? Get with the program! There are comments below about different teaching for different ethnic groups: They accept foreign students, and modify the curriculum ONLY for such students to give them a chance to learn English On the plus side: The staff (that I have met) are generally friendly, understanding that "pupils have different religious views" etc. Bullying and behavior appear well controlled.

We have four children and all of them have gone through preschool, elementary and middle school at MCS. We have been very happy with the experiences that they've had there. The teachers are loving, kind and compassionate. It has been a blessing that these teachers partner with parents to help their students continue as academic achievers and citizens with moral backbone. I highly recommend this school!

When I pick up my son from Milpitas Christian School, he has a big smile on his face and is excited to tell me what he learned in school that day. After attending kindergarten in the public school system (Berryessa School District), I decided to try MPC for summer school. MPC came highly recommended by several good friends. They told me I would not be disappointed - and they were right. We had such a great experience, I enrolled my son at MPC for 1st grade. I have NO regrets. The teachers are awesome!! There is an aide who helps out in my son's class and also music and computer classes for each grade.

Last modified Milpitas Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8