No rating

Primary Plus Elementary School

Private | K-8 | 370 students

Living in San Jose

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $516,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,410.

Posted August 5, 2010

My son attends the Saratoga location. He started as a pre-K, stay briefly in Jr-K and will be in the school's Kindergarten program. He just really loves the school (his friends/the teachers). The school has a very positive impact on him and I guess that's why spending monry for this private school is not just the right choice, but the necessary choice for us.

Posted June 12, 2010

Great programs for newborn to school age children. I highly recommend Primary Plus to any parents.

Posted January 13, 2010

My 2yr old son has been attending this school for some months now and we are quite satisfied with the school and the staff.

Posted April 3, 2009

My daughter is in 1st grade and has been on the ADPP schools since preschool. she doesnt want to go anywhere else!

Posted September 18, 2008

My son has been attending ActionDay/Primary Plus since he was one and thru the 3rd grade. It has become so much more than just a school/daycare...it is like family. We have made many friendships with families that will last a lifetime. We love the daycare/afterschool care/before school care that they offer. It makes it so convenient because the school is almost always open except for major holidays! The only downfall I have experienced is the price and some of the academics I feel is across the board and there is no special help for kids that are struggling or for kids that are excelling.

Posted February 6, 2008

My son's attended Pre-K through JrK at Primary Plus Amber and we've had a great experience here. There are lots of after school classes and sports programs that he has enjoyed. As full time working parents we appreciate having these easy options for extra curricular/enrichment programs that can't all be done in the evenings and weekends. The transition from school to extended after school care is seamless.

Posted January 3, 2008

My younger son is in elementary school at the Primary Plus Amber campus in San Jose. During his elementary and secondary years, my older son, now in high school, was a student at a couple of well known private schools, one in Palo Alto and one in Saratoga. Frankly my younger son's overall elementary experience is tremendously better than my older son's. Primary Plus is amazingly underrated and I wish I had known about the school when my older son was younger. The school does more than 'have a philosophy,' classroom curriculum is integrated throughout the campus and academic and artistic/whole child teaching occur for all disciplines. Finally, my younger son is clearly learning a tremendous amount, academically, artistically, and socially, and I know from comparing his work to that produced by students at my older son's former schools, that he is well ahead -- and without feeling pushed or pressured.

Posted November 28, 2007

We have a daugher in Jr. K. Good caring teachers. Good curriculum. Very little parent-socialization opportunities as most parents work, and that bothers me. Although I'm also working, there's more socialization at my other kids' school. Has homework expecting parents' help and we love it. The program does not offer so much hands-on or creative experience, though. Very academic oriented, than social/developmental.

Posted June 28, 2007

I love it but the tuition is killng me but it is open all the time I never have to worry about holidays or spring break or anything. Also, my kids love their teachers.

Posted June 14, 2006

A+ in all areas. My child is 5 and is reading! The dance program is great, too! Can't say enough good things!

Posted May 30, 2006

The only complaint I have about primary plus would have to be a lack of communication from the administrators. The teacher are great. My kid loves it there.

Posted April 28, 2006

My son first started with Primary Plus in their action day preschool program. The quality of the teachers are excellent. I also love the fact that it has smaller class sizes. My son is in second grade and there are 18 kids. Very good school.

Posted April 18, 2006

Good small school. Not enough foreign language classes.

Posted January 24, 2006

My son has been attending Primary Plus for 2 years (preschool and K) in EL Quito location. He obsolutely loves it and learns while having fun. He is already reading simple words and adding single digit numbers and loves doing it.

Posted August 14, 2005

My daughter attended kindergarten at this school and she had a wonderful experience. Her teacher was excellent. She made the extra effort to keep in contact with us as the parents and really treated each child as an individual. She really motivated my daughter to be interested in learning.

Posted July 11, 2005

Primary Plus has been great for my daughter. She is only 3 and she has learned so much. Most of all the learning is made to be fun. My daughter is happy when I pick her up. If I ever have any issue's they listen. Making there best effort to make me feal great about my daughter's schooling.

Posted June 27, 2005

My son attends the Phelan campus since 15 months and I love the teachers there, especially the ones in Room 3. They are very caring and do a lot of art works with the children during the day

Posted December 15, 2004

Both my children attended Primary Plus since they were babies and we are exceptionally happy with the staff and cirriculum. In elementary school, the children were still able to work at their own pace (which was excellerated) and received lots of individual attention. My oldest son now attends Bellarmine high school, and my second son will attend there next year as well. Very good education!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted December 6, 2004

I have 2 kids at Primary plus and we have been so happy with the school. They have experienced and caring teachers. The class size is low and the kids always get lots of one on one attention from the staff. My kids always test 1-2 grades above where they are at. The kids go on many field trips throughout the year based on what they are learning. Primary plus has many after school activities for the kids to get involved with. Their dance program is excellent, with a big show at the end of the school year. I highly recommend checking out Primary Plus if you are not happy with your current school situation.

Posted November 30, 2004

My son has been at this school since Kindergarten. All the teachers are exceptionally warm. Each one has taken a personal interest in my son, and they have worked with his social and emotional development as well as his academics. The children at the school are well-mannered and have respect for others. There are so many extra activities for my son, and the best part is he can participate during school/daycare hours so I don't have to take time off of work! We love Primary Plus and can't see going to any other school!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 7% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab