No rating

Saddleback Valley Christian

Private | K-12 | 819 students

Living in San Juan...

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $375,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,030.

Posted February 20, 2014

this school has truly amazing teachers. i attended this school for one semester and i truly loved it. teachers and principals truly care for you and want you to succeed. the students however, are not so great. not only was i bullied, i was made fun of because of my weight. the students definitely do NOT resemble Christianity very well. not to mention, if you have money and you "donate", you have power over everybody else. plus, there is lots of pressure and VERY little room for error. i witnessed 3 people expelled in just 6 short months for things that would not be given much thought at public school.

Posted January 9, 2014

My daughter has been here two years. She has blossomed under the care and guidance of loving, Christian teachers. She was at a local Christian school previously and experienced some insensitive teachers regarding some attention issues. She hated School until she came here. The Soar/ALA program is awesome. She learns the same material at a slower, less pressured pace using a variety of teaching methods. The Director and the elementary "principal" were the warmest, caring people who gave me excellent advice about my daughter. They are on campus all of the time walking around, checking in on classes. They are very accessible and even reply to email questions. We couldnt be happier.

Posted October 14, 2013

My kids don't attend this school but after reading one parent's comment that the school is "right wing conservative" I know it's where I want my kids. Thanks!

Posted September 4, 2013

We researched 11 schools in the past two years and had our daughter in another wonderful program, however she was getting older and it was time to make a change. We are thrilled to have our daughter in such a loving and structured program. The staff is so supportive. You can tell that teaching is their passion not just a job. I am looking forward to enrolling my son next year.

Posted July 26, 2013

SVCS has changed the lives of both my children spiritually and academically. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a school that feels like a family. The principal personally greets and chats with people on campus every day. The SOAR program is amazing and has given my son (3rd grade) the extra help he needs to succeed. Christ's LOVE abides in this school and its staff.

Posted July 21, 2013

My son has been attending SVC for the last 4 years (about to go into his 5th), and we LOVE this school. My husband and I can't imagine him going anywhere else. The staff exudes Christ-like love and models the Christian walk. Our son is flourishing in Academics and his spiritual walk. I am a firm believer that our spiritual growth doesn't end at school but should continue at home as well. Each year, our son has had the most amazing teacher. Our family HIGHLY RECOMMENDS this school.

Posted June 13, 2013

So sad to say that the Spiritual, Biblical based foundations of many Christian Schools is not found here! The Bible program is a joke at best, my child never even had to memorize scripture and had to supplement this at home. Students receive an A in Bible just for being present. Money is the main focus of this school. Kids can and do walk all over the teachers and there is no respect for teachers in the classroom setting. No consequences for kids whose parents have deep pockets. Truly sad and pathetic.

Posted June 13, 2013

Should have Christian removed from title. Only concern is money. Bible program and classes are a joke, one can receive an A just for being present. Students lack respect for teachers in the classroom and if a child acts out but parents have deep pockets there are no consequences. Sad and Pathetic!

Posted February 28, 2013

My daughter has attended this warm, caring school for 5 years. We have been thrilled with the teachers and love the atmosphere. The kids are taught character and offered opportunities for growth that my other kids who attend public school do not get. My favorite part of this school is the SOAR program, where kids with learning challenges get the help they need - help that has been cut from the public schools. SVCS does not have instrumental music, which I wish it would add, but it does have all kinds of sports, cheerleading, and scouts. Also they are adding a classical education track, which will be good for students who are more academically advanced. I am excited that my child can go through this excellent program for middle school and high school as well.

Posted January 24, 2013

Awesome school. My two first graders love the school and their teachers. It is run very efficiently. It definitely has surpassed my expectations.

Posted October 4, 2012

100% agree with the reviews dated May 2 and Jan 13, 2012. The school should be embarrased to call themselves "Christians" - very condesending and patronizing. The only plus side - your child can receive A's without homework. Please consider a different school.

Posted September 22, 2012

I have nothing but great things to say about SVCS. My children are in highschool there and have attended since early elementary school. They are challenged, encouraged and loved by their teachers each year. They have matured and grown in so many ways with many service project and missions trip opportunities. SVCS is a blessing in our families lives and we highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great school!!

Posted September 22, 2012

I was looking for the SVCS web site for some sports info and found this rating site by mistake. I was blown away to see the negative comments (both from the same parent) about the school. My son is in junior high there and was sent there after having multiple problems in his public school. We chose Saddleback because of it's strong Christian reputation and beyond excellent staff. We have not been disappointed. Our son has turned his life around and is everything a parent would ever want from their children. He has become an honest, faith based, friendly young man. This is totally due to the staff and super teachers who have taken the time to nuture and love our son. Noting like the "number" he was in the larger non-caring public school system we left. We HIGHLY recommend SVCS to anyone who is looking for the best for their children.

Posted May 2, 2012

This school is awful. The principal is impossible to get a hold of, not to mention he has an egregious ego. The teachers are all self-righteous and they completely contradict the school "christian" values. The monitors are perpetually aloof, they spend more time chatting than doing their jobs. In addition, the curriculum is dangerously easy and will detrimental in the long run, your kids will be unprepared for college/high school/junior high. They spend more time indoctrinated a strict right-wing conservative message that scares more than inspire. It appears to me that the owner of the school is more concerned with the all mighty dollar than he is with the students well being. The fact that this school is up and running is disconcerting to me. I do not suggest this school to anybody.

Posted February 15, 2012

My daughter has been at SVCS for 3 1/2 years and they have been amazing years. She has grown spiritually, academically and socially. The development of her character has been extraordinary and it has a lot to do the the teachers at SVCS and with her friends. Bible classes in Middle School and High School are more like a youth group where the kids explore passages from the Bible and talk about how they apply to their lives. Each of my daighter's teachers have been wonderful, each in their own way. I can't say that every teacher at the school is great because I don't know them all but all of our teachers have been great. Sports are accessible to students of different abilities but there is good, healthy competitiveness. I could not be more pleased with this school.

Posted February 1, 2012

This is our first year and we have two children who have great teachers. They are accessible and thorough. I know exactly where my child is academically and that is wonderful. They are taught a spiritual perspective daily and our kids not only love that, they love going to school. I haven't had an issue yet to find out the quality of resolution with teachers or admin. But being at multiple schools throughout Orange County, one thing I know for sure is that there usually is not a perfect school. But for now, SVCS happens to be a great fit for our children & feel blessed that they are in a solid & safe environment!

Posted January 13, 2012

Students, parents, and staff are not true representatives of Christian behavior. If you are looking for a school with good Christian values, this is not the school for you.

Posted April 20, 2010

They were very understanding and accommodating with both of my brothers who have struggled with their learning differences (dyslexia). They were given a Godly perspective and encouraged to thrive and encouraged to pursue their unique gifting and passions (art & sports).

Posted February 1, 2010

Teachers are hit or miss. Principal is inaccessible, artificial, practices favoritism. Good luck resolving any problems you might have!

Posted December 31, 2008

My daughter started 4th grade (2008) after transferring from St. Margarets where she attended from pre-school through 3rd grade. St. Margarets was great, and I was a little concerned that the academics would not be as strong at Saddleback Valley Christian School, but so far, I have been pleased and my daughter really likes the school, her classmates and her teachers.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mr. Lori Jensen
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

26333 Oso Road