San Juan Capistrano, CA

Posted July 05, 2015
Kids are two faced and you must be apart of the in crowd to be noticed or have a say. Being in the in crowd is not easy and they are not inviting. You feel lost around them. Very exclusive. Also favoritism is shown for uniform disobedience and assignments and talking in class. Again if you're on the outside you get blamed for it all. The inside remains unscathed. Also the rules are unpractical and unnecessary.

Saddleback Valley Christian
Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 05, 2015
Some teachers reach out to each student and get to know them personally and it's great but some also lack communication skills in explaining concepts and have little patience for stragglers. I hate the new principle and the students have no say in change. There is one group of people in every grade that everyone wants to be a part of but the kids are extremely judge mental and lack the want to be friends with anyone. The dances are aweful and being a high school student you have no freedom. The strict uniform policy is a joke and the gym is not big enough for games and pep rally's. There is no football field and parking is limited causing students to park on the baseball field. There is no guidance counselor and teachers and moniters use the same restroom as the kids. There really is no privacy so you must be on guard. There are no locker rooms for the sports teams. There is no library and the high schoolers get the short end of the stick on most things. Lunch time is shared with little kids and the snack bar has two windows. The works shut one down for the kids only and this causes the high schoolers to not get their lunch in time before the bell because the line is too long and the kids are made first priority. Also the uniform policy is not enforced equally amongst students. I get into trouble for my pants when I am standing next to a girl with jeans on. It's all based on who you are and who you know and how long long you have gone there. If you aren't a favorite or part of the in group then you are screwed. The school also has a new rule where if a cell phone is seen then it is taken away and you get a referral. So cell phone use is prohibited always. Even passing period and break. The ban was lifted for lunchtime after a petition was made and a presentation was made to the principle. In my opinion it is obsurd how strict and cautious the school is. I couldn't enjoy myself at prom because I was believed to be under the influence because some kid said I was. It just shows how if you are the right person and part it the crowd you have the faculty in the palm of your hand. It's much like everyone against you there. You are your one friend. I have never felt so violated than when I came to this school. Careful what you get yourself into by sending your kid there. It is only going down from here.

Posted June 16, 2015
We have had multiple children at SVCS and I would rate it a 6.5 / 7 out of 10. It wouldn't be difficult to make this school great but they would have to change a few things. The overall experience with teachers was mixed but mostly positive, especially in the younger grades. I would say that most families are Christians and the school does a good job of instilling Christian values. The school is basically ran by one family, the Carney's. If you are in the inner circle (family, extended family and friends) then life is good but if you are not then the experience is mixed. Everybody knows who they are (and all their children who attend) and can see the nepotism but but few speak openly. A lot of teachers are leaving this year and some are very good. It seems like SVCS hires a lot of parents of students, which seems smart other than I don't think they are always the right fit for the position. I hope the school makes the appropriate changes (by listening to non-biased 3rd parties) and tries to improve but I'm worried that SVCS is struggling in multiple areas.

Posted February 20, 2014
this school has truly amazing teachers. i attended this school for one semester and i truly loved it. teachers and principals truly care for you and want you to succeed. the students however, are not so great. not only was i bullied, i was made fun of because of my weight. the students definitely do NOT resemble Christianity very well. not to mention, if you have money and you "donate", you have power over everybody else. plus, there is lots of pressure and VERY little room for error. i witnessed 3 people expelled in just 6 short months for things that would not be given much thought at public school.

Posted January 09, 2014
My daughter has been here two years. She has blossomed under the care and guidance of loving, Christian teachers. She was at a local Christian school previously and experienced some insensitive teachers regarding some attention issues. She hated School until she came here. The Soar/ALA program is awesome. She learns the same material at a slower, less pressured pace using a variety of teaching methods. The Director and the elementary "principal" were the warmest, caring people who gave me excellent advice about my daughter. They are on campus all of the time walking around, checking in on classes. They are very accessible and even reply to email questions. We couldnt be happier.

Posted October 14, 2013
My kids don't attend this school but after reading one parent's comment that the school is "right wing conservative" I know it's where I want my kids. Thanks!

Posted September 04, 2013
We researched 11 schools in the past two years and had our daughter in another wonderful program, however she was getting older and it was time to make a change. We are thrilled to have our daughter in such a loving and structured program. The staff is so supportive. You can tell that teaching is their passion not just a job. I am looking forward to enrolling my son next year.

Posted July 26, 2013
SVCS has changed the lives of both my children spiritually and academically. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a school that feels like a family. The principal personally greets and chats with people on campus every day. The SOAR program is amazing and has given my son (3rd grade) the extra help he needs to succeed. Christ's LOVE abides in this school and its staff.

Posted July 21, 2013
My son has been attending SVC for the last 4 years (about to go into his 5th), and we LOVE this school. My husband and I can't imagine him going anywhere else. The staff exudes Christ-like love and models the Christian walk. Our son is flourishing in Academics and his spiritual walk. I am a firm believer that our spiritual growth doesn't end at school but should continue at home as well. Each year, our son has had the most amazing teacher. Our family HIGHLY RECOMMENDS this school.

Saddleback Valley Christian 1

Posted June 13, 2013
So sad to say that the Spiritual, Biblical based foundations of many Christian Schools is not found here! The Bible program is a joke at best, my child never even had to memorize scripture and had to supplement this at home. Students receive an A in Bible just for being present. Money is the main focus of this school. Kids can and do walk all over the teachers and there is no respect for teachers in the classroom setting. No consequences for kids whose parents have deep pockets. Truly sad and pathetic.

Saddleback Valley Christian
26333 Oso Road, San Juan Capistrano, CA  92675
Last modified Saddleback Valley Christian is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Saddleback Valley Christian Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top