Posted July 13, 2011
I am a former counseling intern at CMYA. During my time there, I deeply appreciated not only the level of concern and enthusiasm that staff had for each CMYA student, but the high regard the school has for interns. CMYA gave me the opportunity to learn how to run therapeutic process groups, a skill I have continued to utilize as I've moved forward in my career as a therapist. It also exposed me to recovery philosophy and individualized recovery curriculum, which each student is led through as they move forward in the program. Whether you're looking for an appropriate school placement for your child or you are a college student seeking an internship, I would strongly recommend Coastal Mountain!

Posted June 20, 2011
CMYA was a Godsend! They provided the most professional customized intervention, therapy, and counseling a parent could hope for. They brought us such hope. My child suffers from ADHD along with her substance abuse. The school principle was hands on involved with every detail of her treatment. At one point the principle even recommended our daughter be sent into a more intensive level of care. When this happened, not only did the principle provide the recommendation, but even went with us and helped us get her checked in. We couldn't have asked for a better place for our child. When our daughter got out of inpatient, we got her right back to CMYA without a second thought. Thank God for CMYA, and their passionate and dedicated staff!

Posted July 01, 2010
We are so indebted to CMYA for their work, support and insights for our son and our family. We felt we had no options when trying to find a school for our 16 year old son who has substance abuse issues and well as depression, anxiety and ADD issues. Then we found CMYA and our family life and our son's life is slowly and steadily turning around. From the Director to the teachers, therapists/counselors and staff, the team works constantly and directly with each student and with each family on our particular issues and as a whole group. I highly recommend this school!

Coastal Mountain Youth Academy
33171 Paseo Cerveza, San Juan Capistrano, CA  92675
Last modified Coastal Mountain Youth Academy is a Private school that serves grades 8-12
Coastal Mountain Youth Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top