San Juan Capistrano, CA

Posted June 09, 2015
I just love my small town school! My two boys made life-long friends and have fond memories of Ambuehl. The PTA is fabulous and work well with everyone! They provide some enriching assemblies, field trips, and help maintain both computer labs. The teachers are all so loving and caring. They know how to challenge my child without pushing more worksheets.

Posted March 10, 2015
My kids transferred to Ambuehl this year and we are so very happy! My son is a second grader and has Mr. Coon who is the kindest and most patient man. My son is happier than he has been at school ever. My daughter is in fifth grade and she adjusted quickly and made friends right away. Mrs. Norgren is the perfect fifth-grade teacher and she knows how to deal with these kids that are not really so little anymore. The RSP teacher Mrs. Stone is really great and my daughter feels like she has learned more this year than she ever had in all the rest of her years at her other school. Both of my kids would tell you that their teachers are the best. If you are looking for a school with caring teachers and a laid back atmosphere that will remind you of how school used to be and this is the school for you.

Harold Ambuehl Elementary School 3

Posted April 29, 2014
Most of the teacher are great, principal is good , one of the has some difficulty with ethnicity issues one of the office manager is very rude with Hispanics

Harold Ambuehl Elementary School 2

Posted December 26, 2013
I completely agree with the previous parent who posted one star. The principal does nothing to correct issues. For any child with special needs, almost no help is given. District rules are followed but that's it. You have to push and push to get any issues addressed. My son's 3rd grade year was so bad that the teacher retired and 5-6 families left the school. We had enough. Behavior issues are ignored, bullying on the playground goes unaddressed. We finally had to force the principal to allow parents to assist with playground times just to be assured our kids were safe. The PTO is very involved and does a lot for the school. Many involved parents. It would be a wonderful small town school if they get better management.

Posted October 17, 2013
My daughter is now in 5th grade and my son in 3rd grade at Ambuehl Elementary. I can say every year has been amazing. We are a fairly small school with an incredible family feeling. We could not have asked for better teachers and staff. Everyone is so caring and loving and shows real concern for everyone. I would highly recommend this school to everyone.

Posted October 17, 2013
This is our seventh year at Ambuehl and we still have a few more years to go with our last of 3 children. It has been nothing but a positive experience for our family, both academically and personally. I look forward to our youngest experiencing what our older children have and feel fortunate and blessed to call Ambuehl our family's home away from home.

Posted October 16, 2013
Ambuehl is a small, private school like public school with amazing teachers and parental involvement. My 2 kids have had an outstanding education there. Many people I know have left their private schools and come to Ambuehl when they realize their kids are behind and they are having to hire tutors to catch them up and also pay tuition. The school is top notch and parents should tour it and look past the olderish buildings and at what is really important; Excellent teachers and amazing extras like a science lab, music for all grade levels, an instructional aide in each class and an Artist program that focuses on the great artists of our times... all sponsored by the PTA! Don't miss out.

Posted October 16, 2013
My school is Ambuehl Elementary School (aka Harold Ambuehl Elementary). This school has a great faculty, nice, safe neighborhood environment, and huge play ground and grassy areas. The active PTA supplies SO MUCH for the school that it has a lot of amenities that other schools may not have. Ambuehl has a science lab, roaming teacher's aide, music, art program, computer lab and great activities and programs all year long. I highly recommend it for a caring, educational environment.

Posted April 24, 2010
Two of my children attended there and got a wonderful education.

Posted September 28, 2009
Ambuehl is the best school. It has that small town family feel with teachers that have been there for many years. You see the same faces year after year which gives you a level of comfort and that warm & fuzzy feeling. The parent involvement is special because parents WANT to be involoved. They love getting in the classroom with the kids and it allows you to be on the same page with teachers and our children. Ambuehl is like a home away from home. What is most important about our school is our high level of expectations. We may not have the highest scores in the district, but as a whole the level of education, the responsibility and respect expected from our children is stand out and I can see that in my own children by how they grow each day to be better children with morals, kindness, and intelligience. I feel that it is a joint effort, from home and from our school. Go Ambuehl Eagles!

28001 San Juan Creek Road, San Juan Capistrano, CA  92675
Last modified Harold Ambuehl Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harold Ambuehl Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top