San Juan Capistrano, CA
Students enrolled: 1,380

Posted August 29, 2013
Amazing school is all I can say! The staff is loving and dedicated while the students are courteous and try their best! Academics is a priority here and that's why this school thrives. Best principal in CUSD!

Marco Forster Middle School 1

Posted August 16, 2013
I work for the CTA/NEA. Both of my kids went to Marco and this is the worst school that I've ever dealt with. It was so bad that we moved to Missouri to get away from it after having raised our kids in SJC. They were continuously beaten by the incorrigible children and the staff could care less. After I got my Daughter through school we moved back and then my son went to Marco. They said that the problems with these violent kids was his. After 6 months of their neglect and apathy, we moved back to Missouri and never had another incident and he graduated with honors. Worst School ever!

Marco Forster Middle School 2

Posted August 15, 2013
It is an OK school. Our kids made lots of friends and like it in there. This school is very diverse and it has its pluses and minuses. It definitely takes a toll on education. Many kids end up in accelerated classes or are accelerated students, however they still can end up in class that consists of both, accelerated students and non-accelerated students and that could be a problem as many non-accelerated kids do struggle with English. If our kids did not feel socially comfortable at Marco we would most likely look at different middle school where education would be more of priority instead of trying to please all different academic categories of students.

Posted November 27, 2012
I am an involved grandparent of an 8th grader at Marco. Because I am a retired high school math teacher, I know what I am saying when I say that Marco provides an excellent education for its students. My granddaughter has had outstanding teachers during her three years at the school and her overall experience has been very positive.

Marco Forster Middle School 4

Posted October 09, 2010
My two favorite teachers of all time were from when I attended this school.

Marco Forster Middle School 2

Posted June 23, 2010
My daughter transferred in as an eighth grader. The accelerated classes and teachers were good. PE teacher said that she would address our concerns and then transferred my daughter to another teacher. Counselor was condescending. Lack of information regarding special activities. Not a good experience for us.

Posted April 29, 2010
I think this school is really a great school with all of the after school activities and the extracurricular activities as well.

Posted March 27, 2010
My 6th and 8th grade children got into the GATE program at Marco. Before at Irvine Unified, they tested well, but not well enough to place into GATE. The advanced programs make a big difference in the quality of their education, and so I'm for Marco. My son and daughter, esp., have a lot of friends; it's a friendly place too.

Posted May 04, 2009
After reading a few reviews I almost feel sorry for the parents who really do not know the true Marco Forster School... Yes it is a middle school and yes it has the best of the best teachers, staff and education that anyone could ever want for their child. There has never been a school that I visited or taught at that I have found more dedicated adults who actually put the child first. I would rate this school a 10++++++++++++ I feel that its to bad the rumors and talk from people who dont really know what they are talking about. I am a very dedicated and involved (picky to) parent and not one day in the past three years did I drop off my daughter did I worry about one thing. The principle is beyond words, she is so amazing. I love Marco !!!!!! CM

Posted April 28, 2009
I would not recommend sending your student here if you want them worked academically. Too much emphasis on ESL and the campus is dirty and the behavior of some of the students is incorregible. This is your child's every day life at this school, really consider other alternatives if you want your child to suceed and be safe.

25601 Camino Del Avion, San Juan Capistrano, CA  92675
Last modified Marco Forster Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marco Forster Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top