Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted March 10, 2016
My daughter is constantly harassed by fellow students for being too white. They make fun of her in Spanish and call wheda, marshmallow, redneck, white trash etc. It's awful. Teachers are treated horribly by students and cause uproars in class. Most of the teachers are amazing and do their best but there's days when the entire period is spent disciplining a disruptive student(s).

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted March 10, 2016
There is an amazing office lady I'd like to acknowledge. I think her name is Rosie. When you walk in the office she sits at the front right desk. I can't stand any of the other office ladies. They take their job way to seriously and are very rude and stuck up. This lady took the time to get to know my daughter and our personal situation and she helped me. She was/is so kind! I feel awful I can't be certain that's her name!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted March 10, 2016
My daughter has been reading (listening to a book on tape and following along in the book) a book in English as a class for over a month now and all they do is highlight important paragraphs. That's it!

Posted August 29, 2013
Amazing school is all I can say! The staff is loving and dedicated while the students are courteous and try their best! Academics is a priority here and that's why this school thrives. Best principal in CUSD!

Marco Forster Middle School 1

Posted August 16, 2013
I work for the CTA/NEA. Both of my kids went to Marco and this is the worst school that I've ever dealt with. It was so bad that we moved to Missouri to get away from it after having raised our kids in SJC. They were continuously beaten by the incorrigible children and the staff could care less. After I got my Daughter through school we moved back and then my son went to Marco. They said that the problems with these violent kids was his. After 6 months of their neglect and apathy, we moved back to Missouri and never had another incident and he graduated with honors. Worst School ever!

Posted August 15, 2013
It is an OK school. Our kids made lots of friends and like it in there. This school is very diverse and it has its pluses and minuses. It definitely takes a toll on education. Many kids end up in accelerated classes or are accelerated students, however they still can end up in class that consists of both, accelerated students and non-accelerated students and that could be a problem as many non-accelerated kids do struggle with English. If our kids did not feel socially comfortable at Marco we would most likely look at different middle school where education would be more of priority instead of trying to please all different academic categories of students.

Posted November 27, 2012
I am an involved grandparent of an 8th grader at Marco. Because I am a retired high school math teacher, I know what I am saying when I say that Marco provides an excellent education for its students. My granddaughter has had outstanding teachers during her three years at the school and her overall experience has been very positive.

Marco Forster Middle School 4

Posted October 09, 2010
My two favorite teachers of all time were from when I attended this school.

Posted June 23, 2010
My daughter transferred in as an eighth grader. The accelerated classes and teachers were good. PE teacher said that she would address our concerns and then transferred my daughter to another teacher. Counselor was condescending. Lack of information regarding special activities. Not a good experience for us.

Posted April 29, 2010
I think this school is really a great school with all of the after school activities and the extracurricular activities as well.

25601 Camino Del Avion, San Juan Capistrano, CA  92675-4330
Last modified Marco Forster Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.