Mission Basilica School 4

Posted June 09, 2014
This is a wonderful little school. The environment is warm, loving, and supportive except for the Kindergarten Readiness (KR) program. It s run separately from grades K-8 and that fact is glaringly obvious. The academic aspect of the KR program is good. If that s all your child needs or if that's all you're looking for in a pre-K program, then great. But if your 3, 4, or 5 year old could use a (lead) teacher who offers a little hug or a kind word every once in a while, or an encouraging pat on the back; or if your child would benefit from his or her teacher getting down on his or her level and interacting with him or her on occasion, then this is NOT the preschool program for your child.

Posted April 29, 2014
Hi I love this school. Best school in the world! Yeah! Come to this awesome school! Yeah!

Posted March 11, 2014
Mission Basilica School is one of a kind! We are so lucky to be a part of this loving, caring, and academically challenging community. All students are treated with respect and parents needs and concerned are listened to and taken into consideration. Thank you MBS!

Posted January 24, 2014
Grooming leaders. I conduct after school programs for children at many different schools and the kids at MBS stand out. They are excellent at expressing themselves, look you in the eye when they speak, even the youngest ones know how to speak confidently to a group. The kids clearly care about each other, they are happy for each other's successes and encourage each other constantly, it is a unique environment. Excellent manners, hard working. The parents are very present and eager to help and encourage the kids to be their best. As a group, these are not spoiled kids, but they are all confident.

Posted December 17, 2013
MBS has been a wonderful experience. The Catolic faith is important and the education is exceptional. Long lasting friendships for both our children and us adults. And the leadership and faculty at the school are absolutely amazing. if you are looking at school, make MBS your first stop...you'll go no farther!

Posted January 28, 2013
I can t say enough AMAZING things about Mission Basilica School. I have an elementary school child with learning disabilities. We tried several schools looking for just the right fit for him. Then we found the Mission Basilica School. The team quickly assessed my child and determined what type of accommodations would fit him best. For the first time my child is flourishing academically. More importantly, however, is how much my child s confidence has improved. I have watched my shy child come out of his shell and participate in mass and other school functions something he NEVER did before attending Mission Basilica School. They truly foster an environment where a child s God-given talents are brought out. I couldn t be more thrilled to be part of the Mission Basilica School Family and highly recommend the school!

Posted January 28, 2013
I put my two sons through Mission School and they are both now in college. I can not say enough good things about this school. Both my sons had great experiences not only academically, but spiritually and socially. I also worked as a parent helper in many situations and saw first hand the caring environment in many of the classrooms. The school has always had a good program when it came to anti-bullying. I think it speaks volumes when so many of the alumni come back and visit the school and talk about how much they miss it and how it prepared them for the outside world. It's unfortunate when someone has a bad experience and feels it necesarry to bad mouth the school. Remember that there are always two sides to a story. Go Swallows!

Posted January 28, 2013
What a wonderful School!! Academics are very strong and challenging. and the teachers are very caring. We have had a great experience there. The community of the school is like an extented family.I always knew my children were safe and cared for while at school. We are truly blessed to have found Mission Basilica School and to be part of this great community.

Posted January 28, 2013
MBS is a blessing to our family. The amazing academics with advanced technology, multiple learning modaliies can only be topped by the warmth and love the school community has. The beauty of the school is not just it's rich history and tradition but the caring nature of parents, staff and students. There are times when families need help..and I can say that the community circles the wagons to help! It's not just a school it's a family.

Mission Basilica School 1

Posted July 29, 2012
After having my 4 children at Catholic Schools,for the past 19 years, I came to Mission Basilica school for the 1st time this past school year. I have 2 college age daughters and 2 elementary school boys that attended St Jeannes and Santa Margarita. I came to this school because my 11 year old has a slight learning disability that the school claimed could help. Forget the disability & lack of them being able to help them for a moment, & let me just say the bullying problem at this school is worse than any public or private I have heard of yet. My son got slapped in the face,pantsed in basketball, & humiliated daily. I learned of incidents of a girl being pushed in a locker, & other kids that were mentally & verbally attacked by other students with no consequence or punishment to these children.***Don't waste your money, time or risk your child well being at this school. The principal & VP will do nothing to help when you bring this to her attention. I have put my 11 year old in a school that protects and respects children with learning differences, while my other child is back at our former school. Shocking that parochial school would allow this behavior. Submitted by a parent

Mission Basilica School
31641 El Camino Real, San Juan Capistrano, CA  92675
Last modified Mission Basilica School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Mission Basilica School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top