San Juan Capistrano, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted November 29, 2014
We would be lost without CVCS!!! We have a 2nd & 5th grader that have both attended here since JK. From the day we walked on campus we could feel the Holy Spirit working at our school. It's a one of a kind experience that brings much comfort as parents. Our teachers and staff truly love our children as one of their own. The opportunities they have had from their continuing growth with the Lord, serving the need, biblical camps, building an incredible academic foundation, are so priceless! Our children love their school and feel it's an extension of our home. We are so blessed to have the privilege of having them here!

Posted August 21, 2014
Growing up as a kid in South Orange County the words private school meant bubble . Even worse a bubble behind the orange curtain : A protected/sheltered group of kids who didn t know about the real world. But I was so wrong. At CVCS my kindergartner and 1st grader are involved in things I would have never dreamed that they would be a part of. My daughter at seven years old spent a day packing meals for those in need. My son in kindergarten was sorting through my closet looking for shoes he could donate to those without shoes. Seeing my six year old so passionate about something so selfless; a crisis the world can t seem to solve I thought My Lord how REAL is that. I have kids now with a bigger heart to serve a heart to love and a foundation to move forward and lead in the world with positivity and light. ... they are not stuck as being 1 in 36. CVCS is the way school should be. Bringing my kids to school and not worrying about their day, how they are going to be treated, or who is going to comfort them if they fall emotionally or physically is such a relief. They are challenged and they are supported. They are pushed to be leaders and they are built up to help others.

Posted June 29, 2014
My son has attended the CVCS Homeschool Co-op since kindergarten, and will be entering grade 2 in the fall. We would love for him to attend the Co-op until he finishes junior high, and then transition into the superb, blue-ribbon award-winning, full-time program. The Co-op program provides a perfect combination of a first-class academic experience in a Christ-centered environment. Students attend a weekly all-school chapel, in addition to a special family chapel once a month, in which children from each class are recognized for demonstrating specific biblical character traits in their daily lives. The curricula is Christ-centered and prayer is an integral part of Co-op life. The Co-op has been blessed with the most patient, kind and caring teachers who go above and beyond to show God's love. Parental involvement is high, from both mothers and fathers, who provide additional strong christian role models. Children and families serve together through a variety of ministry outreaches organized during the year. If you are searching for Christ-centered, academic excellence, in a genuinely warm and caring environment, you will find all that, and so much more in this school.

Posted June 28, 2014
I am a parent of a student in the CVCS homeschool program and totally disagree with a low rating and the bullying problem mentioned in the review below. In our experience the homeschool co-op program has been nothing but a huge, loving family. The teachers watch carefully over the playground. If any unkindness or negativity occurs the teachers and aides are quick to resolve and promote kindness on the playground through prayer. Our co-op is also outstanding. The director prays over each student and makes a huge effort to know each family. The teachers really care about the students and families. One teacher even invited us over to her house to fully explain some of the curriculum I didn't understand. You are truly receiving one-on-one attention in the co-op. Also the co-op parents are all very close as well. You can find us all chatting after-school and enjoy doing outside school activities together. We even have a monthly mom's night out. You should definitely check out our co-op program!

Posted June 27, 2014
Capistrano Valley Christian Schools is like a big family. My 3 children are in the high school and have been blessed by great opportunities; wonderful teachers, who are godly mentors; challenging academics; and a caring atmosphere. Teachers go above & beyond to show God's love & assist the students. My children have had life changing opportunities to be student leaders, perform in musical theater and the MACY's awards, perform in the choir, and participate in athletics. CVCS is preparing my kids for college and coming along side me to raise them to be strong Christian leaders in our community. CVCS is one of the best kept secrets in our community I encourage you to check it out and let the word out.

Posted March 10, 2014
This school is excellent. My children are in the High School. I like that it has Christian world view, with VERY high academics, low teacher-student ratio, lots of family involvement and an opportunity to play multiple sports if your child wants to. They do some great theater productions. The baseball program is first rate, the football program is too, as well as an excellent basketball coach and team. My sons are known by all of their teachers and the administration so they don't get away with much mischief. They have the encouragement to be in student leadership and missions trips and are preparing for college in every core subject with AP classes. As a parent, I know there is no perfect school- and there are a lot to choose from in this area. But this school has been operating for 40 years and I think they are doing a great job.

Posted January 16, 2014
We pulled our daughter out of public school 6th grade mid-year and enrolled her at Capistrano Valley Christian School, and have never looked back! The small classes and genuine love the teachers have for teaching, along with the truth of Christianity being taught has made our experience wonderful. My daughter is now a freshman in High School, played volleyball in the fall, and will be performing in the school musical in the spring! We absolutely love this school!

Posted October 22, 2013
My kids have attended this school from K-12. Every step of the way has been a blessing to our family. The small school environement provides a safe confortable place for them to learn and have fun. Also they have had numerous opportunites to experience sports, arts, trips, etc. that they never would have had in a large or public school. The academics are rigorous but the small class sizes and personal interaction with the faculty ensures success. The personal attention also benefits athletes. My son who does not graduate until 2016 already has more than one D1 full athletic scholarships offers.

Capistrano Valley Christian Schools 3

Posted August 21, 2013
I think others should know that Yes, there is a bullying problem. My children attended the homeschool they offer & the full-time kids all play together at lunch. This is mostly when the problem occurs & the insults directed by the fulltimers, NOT just 'kid-stuff' but sophisticated, well thought out MEAN name calling pinpointing things children cannot change about themselves. They could improve if the F/T ADMINISTRATION & STAFF would have a ZERO tolerance policy on bullying. It would be helpful if the kids had to sign a contract after being advised they will be dealt with severely. It would also be helpful for the kids to know Jesus had a special heart for those who were outcasts. Very sad as the one thing I liked was the homeschool teachers. They are very good at what they do.

Posted August 13, 2013
High academic standards within a Christ centered environment, what more could you ask for in a private Christian school. We have two children here in the elementary school and have had 2 wonderful years with loving and nurturing teachers. We have not had any instances of bullying ( cannot speak for JH or the high school which I know is putting a zero tolerance attitude to bullying in place) nor has my daughter encountered any mean girls - so far we have been very happy here and will hopefully remain here through high school.

Capistrano Valley Christian Schools
32032 Del Obispo Street, San Juan Capistrano, CA  92675
Last modified Capistrano Valley Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Capistrano Valley Christian Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top