St. Margaret's Episcopal School 2

Posted June 13, 2014
One strength of St. Margaret's is the amount of resources it has that is used fairly well to enrich the student and parent experience. Unlike public schools that suffer from government cuts, private schools like this seem to be able to avoid financial issues in taking care of student experience. Another strength of St. Margaret's is school safety. The school makes it a priority to partake in fire, earthquake, and shooter drills to enhance student safety. The biggest reason I wouldn't send my kids to st. Margaret's, as a former student of St. Margaret's, when I get older is because simply, the experience is not worth the tuition. There are some great faculty at St. Margaret's: some. There are so many small infractions hidden in the rule culture of St. Margaret's that it almost would serve better as a disciplinary institution, such as the infamous "no-hugging" policy enacted in the middle school. Many of these rules allow for a school that does not socially prepare students for college. Academic benefits and opportunities are present at times, but disadvantages exist as well. St. Margaret's ultra-competitive nature(in class) hinders communication, teamwork, and group work skills.

Posted July 23, 2012
I could not imagine a better environment for my child. The mission of SMES is to "educate the hearts and minds of young people for lives of learning, leadership, and service," and that is EXACTLY what SMES does. My children have attended SMES since preschool. They are bright, inquisitive, kind, creative, respectful, and compassionate. The character development and whole-child education is impeccable. Go TARTANS!

Posted April 13, 2012
My five year old tested in the 90th percentile for language in the country and average to middle of the road in all other areas. We were told that she was not ready for St. Margarets school yet because most five year olds currently attending, " hit the ground running" by the time they arrive on campus. I was shocked that my child was not admitted however I'm shure the program is without question a good one.

Posted January 25, 2012
I love SMES. This is my first year here as a freshman and it is so much better than the public school here in orange county. I came from the CUSD school system and it is so much different. The students are so much more respectful to the teachers and to the campus. The teachers help in any way they can but still make us be independent. There is a lot of homework, but everyone one is involved with extracurricular activities at school. The teachers are devoted to us learning and so is the entire staff. Everyone is so helpful and I love it much more than the public school systems in orange county.

St. Margaret's Episcopal School 4

Posted October 05, 2010
We are very happy with St Margaret's as a school. Our only complaint is with the arts, and sports. Only the best, are allowed to participate in musicals, and at games. Being a Christian school, everyone should be given a chance. Winning is not everything.

Posted October 01, 2010
If you can get into this highly selective school you are lucky. It is universally known as the most academic and desirable school in Orange County attracting the most intelligent students as well as many from well known families. The atmosphere is amazing- ethics and values are stressed in conjunction with an exceptional academic curriculum that sets it apart from the rest. The facility is breathtaking and a new middle school and performing arts center will be complete by the end of next year. Set amongst rolling hills- it is the kind of environment I have always dreamed of for my kids. The kids who graduate from this school are sought after everywhere, as they are bright, well spoken and tend to have developed a high ethical code to move them forward in life. Simply the best and worth every penny.

Posted May 30, 2010
We just left SMES and already miss it. I do not see how anyone could have their children go this school and not notice the level of excellence achieved at all levels. Great Teachers, Great Staff. Great Leadership, Tremendous college counseling...it is clearly one of the top schools in the country. I want to add that it stresses Honor in the curriculum and that is what we liked the most about it, our kids coming home and wanting to talk about what it is to be honorable. We were low income parents but our kid's experienced no prejudice, were given ample financial aid, and the oldest even became valedictorian. SMES is objective, high quality and caring. You can not find a better school in Southern California.

Posted April 21, 2010
I ADORE SMES!!!! It is honestly the best school i have EVER attended! It has soooo much to offer and everyone is nice. The extra curiculums are AMAZING!!! I have only been going there for 2 years and i never want to leave!!!! I LOVE YOU SMES!!!!!!!!!!! <3

St. Margaret's Episcopal School 3

Posted February 24, 2010
My son has attended St. Margarets for the past 5 years. The school enviroment is excellent, teachers are great, but better education could be found elsewhere. There has been many turnovers including four principles in the last five years, but they are trying to improve. Depite the expensive tution, we are constantly asked to donate.

St. Margaret's Episcopal School 3

Posted February 05, 2010
My son attended for 2 years. We discovered there were schools that offered much better education in a more caring, individual environment and switched. We made many good friends and he enjoyed it but there are many other quality programs where the whole family is respected more.

St. Margaret's Episcopal School
31641 La Novia Avenue, San Juan Capistrano, CA  92675
Last modified St. Margaret's Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
St. Margaret's Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top