San Leandro, CA

Posted August 20, 2014
Garfield San Leandro and this is my grandson 1st day in Kindergarten and we already love the teacher she is amazing this school is great- Classroom 2!!

Posted January 28, 2013
This school is great! My daughter has been here from kindergarten to 5 grade. She loved it , although she would complain about homework but that is normal. She has had excellent teachers. A lot of her test scores are really great. I belive that this school was a great choice.

Posted October 03, 2009
Garfield is an amazing school! The teachers and staff truly care about our kids. The parents are dedicated and the kids are wonderful!

Garfield Elementary School 4

Posted May 21, 2009
My two daughters attend Garfield. One is in 5th grade and the other in 3rd. They have been there since kindergarten. The teaching staff are excellent. Since Garfield is a program improvement school we benefit from the reduced size classrooms. The year-round schedule always was a big plus for me, however Garfield will be going traditional for the 2009-2010 year due to budget restraints. One huge minus is the lack of a GATE program. Last year was the first year of the 4 years we have been there to actually have some sort of GATE program, albeit small. That lasted a whole 6 months, now we are back to a big zero! Lots of guidance for the children who are below basic to basic, but nothing for the students who are above average.

Garfield Elementary School 4

Posted December 17, 2008
My son went to school here from 1st thru 5th, and my daughter from K thru 4th until we have to moved to SLZSD. It's a small community, school staff from the Principal down to the janitor, are friendly and helpful. They are accommodating. What I really like at this school is it's year-round school. Kids don't have a long summer in a way it's good for them so they still have that enthusiasm. The 3 weeks school intercession during Fall and Spring keeps the kids not to burned out from school and this is a good time for parents and family together to make some family vacation/bonding since it's off-season to go some places. I'm just sad that this is the only school that's a year-round school for this school district. Both my kids missed this school and they had fun memories, so have I.

Posted June 05, 2008
Garfield is a great school.I attended this school a couple of years ago and i loved every second since k-5 grade.The school has taught more than enough.And the school had many fun events.parents were always involved with the schools activities.Garfiels is great!

Garfield Elementary School 0

Posted December 05, 2007
I love Garfield espically the year round schedule. They have great taechares and an excellent principal

Posted June 02, 2006
The academic programs are top notch. My older daughter joined GATE through Garfield. She also joined the Band program and continues today at the middle school. Garfield has a number of extracuricular and after-school activities open to all students including soccer, volleyball and karate. Parent involvement is low but the parents that do volunteer (including my husband and myself) are a core group that show up and help at all events and class projects. The staff is very friendly and have an open-door policy for the parents. My husband and I are alumni of Garfield, and it is still the same great community that it was when we were going here 30 years ago.

Posted October 13, 2004
My son likes that school so I took him there when he was in kindergarten but left in 1st and 2nd grade. Now he's in 5th grade.

Garfield Elementary School
13050 Aurora Drive, San Leandro, CA  94577
Last modified Garfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garfield Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top