Bad
Good

Garfield San Leandro and this is my grandson 1st day in Kindergarten and we already love the teacher she is amazing this school is great- Classroom 2!!

This school is great! My daughter has been here from kindergarten to 5 grade. She loved it , although she would complain about homework but that is normal. She has had excellent teachers. A lot of her test scores are really great. I belive that this school was a great choice.

Garfield is an amazing school! The teachers and staff truly care about our kids. The parents are dedicated and the kids are wonderful!

My two daughters attend Garfield. One is in 5th grade and the other in 3rd. They have been there since kindergarten. The teaching staff are excellent. Since Garfield is a program improvement school we benefit from the reduced size classrooms. The year-round schedule always was a big plus for me, however Garfield will be going traditional for the 2009-2010 year due to budget restraints. One huge minus is the lack of a GATE program. Last year was the first year of the 4 years we have been there to actually have some sort of GATE program, albeit small. That lasted a whole 6 months, now we are back to a big zero! Lots of guidance for the children who are below basic to basic, but nothing for the students who are above average.

My son went to school here from 1st thru 5th, and my daughter from K thru 4th until we have to moved to SLZSD. It's a small community, school staff from the Principal down to the janitor, are friendly and helpful. They are accommodating. What I really like at this school is it's year-round school. Kids don't have a long summer in a way it's good for them so they still have that enthusiasm. The 3 weeks school intercession during Fall and Spring keeps the kids not to burned out from school and this is a good time for parents and family together to make some family vacation/bonding since it's off-season to go some places. I'm just sad that this is the only school that's a year-round school for this school district. Both my kids missed this school and they had fun memories, so have I.

Garfield is a great school.I attended this school a couple of years ago and i loved every second since k-5 grade.The school has taught more than enough.And the school had many fun events.parents were always involved with the schools activities.Garfiels is great!

I love Garfield espically the year round schedule. They have great taechares and an excellent principal

Last modified Garfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.