Jefferson Elementary School 1

Posted June 04, 2014
Please don't send your child to this school. They are lazy, overcrowded, too concentrated on non english speaking students and non caring. They are graduation two of my children to 6th grade with 2nd grade math and english ratings. The teachers are disresapectful and rude to the students. The principal apparently can't take it anymore either as he is leaving and going back to teaching at another school. This school is terrible. I would rather home school my children than send them here.

Posted July 30, 2012
For the diverse group this school works with, the teachers are excellent. Especially for the hispanic population. My son loves school and can't wait til summer is over to get back to Jefferson. These last four years he's gotten excellent teachers, Mrs. West, Ms Tam, Ms burl, Mrs. Babel. If your child gets any of these teachers - they are in good hands. The best part is the principal here cares. Much much better then the one a good years back. Jefferson Rocks--

Posted February 02, 2011
I am really happy with this school. My daughter has been here for five years and so far we've been very lucky. All of the teachers she has had have been excellent. It is hard for me to read the last two bad reviews. They have several different teacher for each grade so maybe a few have not been as good as others but from my experience my daughter has excellent teacher for all grades she has attended. Some teachers are better for certain personalities and it sounds like a few of the students just didn't click with there teacher. The principal is excellent as well. This school doesn't put up with any bullying and I find that assuring, I just wish this school went to the 6th grade. Thumbs up Jefferson.

Jefferson Elementary School 0

Posted September 15, 2009
I have been involved in this school for 7 years already. I have seen how Jefferson has made many changes that are allowing to create a better environment for students, teachers and parents. It is hard for me to read comments that reflect a side of Jefferson that I have never seen. I do agree that any school faces challenges, but something that I would like to highlight is that everyone that many teachers and school personel that I know, have been doing great efforts to make thigs work at Jefferson. Thumbs up for all the great effort!!!

Jefferson Elementary School 0

Posted August 30, 2009
This has been the worse school ever! My daughter came out of 4th grade knowing less then when she went in. The teachers have little to no control over their classrooms. There is very little parent envolvement and the office staff needs to be replaced by competent people. Just go look at the test score from last year. If you have any choice at all, do not send your child to school here. Home school your children before allowing them to attend a school like this!!!

Posted March 24, 2009
My son is in first grade and loves Jefferson. His kindergarden teacher last year was great- Mrs. West. She prepared him very well for first grade. He didn't go to preschool but that was not a problem for Mrs. West because of her dedication she caught him right up to the rest of the class in no time. He really enjoys his first grade teacher also. The principal is also great. He is really into making this school a great one.

Posted November 18, 2008
The new principal is great. He is very involved and is very easy to talk to. I hope he stays at Jefferson for a very long time.

Posted October 06, 2008

Posted October 06, 2008
My daughter is a fourth grader this year and she loves her school and all of her teachers! Ms. Pepares (kindergarden), Ms. Miller (second grade), Ms. Burle (third grade), Ms. Ball (P.E.), and Mr. Beatty (fourth grade) and all the other teachers in the school are wonderful. They put in a lot of effort in helping kids to learn in the classroom, communicating with parents, and arranging school field trips. This is a newly build school with wonderful playgrounds.

Posted October 01, 2008
My son is in kindergarden and loves to go to school everyday. Mrs. West the kindergarden teacher is great. She makes learning fun for the kids. She keeps the parents very involved by giving homework for the parents to work with their children at home every night to further their education. You can tell she really cares about giving your child the best education possible. From what I hear from other parents most of the other teachers at this school feel the same way and are very dedicated.

Jefferson Elementary School
14300 Bancroft Avenue, San Leandro, CA  94578
Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews.