Posted August 22, 2013
My child is a returning student to McKinley. I am very please with the school. The teachers are vey nice, and the school staff have made my daughter feel comfortable.

Posted February 15, 2010

Posted March 04, 2009
My daughter is currently in kindergarten at Mckinley. I was a bit nervous about the school because it is in 'School Improvement', meaning test score improvements have not kept pace with the requirements of NCLB. However, now that a good chunk of her first public school year has gone by, I am very glad I chose to send her to our local school. The new principal, Cher Mott, is very motivated and energized. The teachers that I have met so far are all dedicated and seem talented (admittedly, I have only observed my own daughter's teacher so far). I think overall, the school's administration and teaching staff are unified and organized in their effort to improve the school despite continued cuts to education and rigid curriculum guidelines imposed by the state. I gave only 4 stars because I wish that in general public education were more progressive, not the school's fault.

Posted February 15, 2008

Posted August 16, 2007

Posted May 04, 2007
My children have attended McKinley since Kindergarten and have had a great time at McKinley. Regrettably the discipline at the school has become a problem. Kids caught fighting are put on in school suspension. These same kids return to class and get into another fight the follow day. In my experience the Principal has difficulty working with 'some' parents. This is odd because SLUSD encourages parent participation. My son has even been questioned by the principal about my presence at school. Overall, I love McKinley and feel the teachers are doing a awesome job. Mrs. Ball a fourth grade teacher, takes her kids on standardized based field trips and several teachers have in class projects that bring a hands on approach to learning that works well w/kids. The outdoor education program, math club and organized play at recess shows that McKinley teachers care about their students.

Posted August 18, 2006
Last year I had noticed that McKinley's rating was lower than some other schools, but when I looked at the school composition, I realized that McKinley was taking in a lot of the 'harder' students and succeeding in educating them.

Posted April 28, 2006
I am very happy with this school. My son use to be in a charter school before which was a good school, but he needed something closer to home.

Posted April 05, 2006
McKinley is a school that has undergone many changes over the years that our children have attended. Overall, we have been very happy with the education that they have recieved. Appropriate recommendations were made when it became apparent that one of our children had a learning disability. This child has happily remained at McKinley, and has thrived. We understand that we are undergoing another change in principals--perhaps for the better.

McKinley Elementary School 0

Posted April 05, 2006
The principal is dedicated to his students. They seem to be on the up and up. Every childs needs are important and are addressed.

McKinley Elementary School
2150 East 14th Street, San Leandro, CA  94577
Last modified McKinley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
McKinley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top