San Leandro, CA
Students enrolled: 1,007

John Muir Middle School 1

Posted May 17, 2015
John Muir staff don't have no communication to those parents who cares for their kids grades. I feel that us Hispanic have a hard time to express ourself & since our English isn't perfect they just don't care. I had request 2 yr ago for IEP for my son but they felt the 504 was good enough. They also said it was the same. Thanks to his therapist for helping write a letter. They finally tested but couldnt meet their deadline May 1, call & needed more time I denied their request. I did get his test but it was too late. My goal was to get my son ready for next year freshmen year. They just don't understand the point. This was a very bad year for my son & my self. My son been so stressed out he would come home crying no child should be going threw this. He said "Now I can't participate on any of the events" I feel since they took for ever & still haven't reach out they should allow him. Principal promises to call & help me out with my situation & he failed so did the vice principal & counselor. I had to notified the school District for assistance. No respond from Principal or Vice Principal. For anyone one who's kids struggle don't give up on them. This is there future.

John Muir Middle School 2

Posted September 03, 2013
I'm a parent of a sixth grade student at John Muir middle school. I had concerns about classes since the beginning of the school year. There are no counselors available to speak with parents. And the principal does not address the issue. Not happy with the communication between office staff, principal and parents. Calls are not returned And everyone is too busy if you stop by.

Posted May 22, 2012
Great school! The students are well behaved which reflects on the teachers, principle and the administrative staff of the school. All three of my children went to this school and I was very pleased.

John Muir Middle School 4

Posted January 22, 2011
I think John Muir is a great school. ALL teachers and staff are always nice and helping. Most of the students there are pretty nice too. There are very few fights and even though this school has kind of low test scores, they aren't the teachers' fault. A lot of the teachers there are excellent and I'm an A/B+ student there. It is a pretty safe campus and it always feels welcoming. There are a large variety of clubs too. I love this school! And when I read some of the past reviews, it saddens me of the things that people say about this school. It is a great school and it has improved a lot in the past years.

Posted December 08, 2009
this school is a family, evry student here love and can fit in to any category, as a student myself, i have to say that jhn muir is the most welcoming school ever. they focus on the things you need help on and are already helping kids get to college! the teachers here are so supportive and the counselors are very helpful. the staff lets all students accept who htey are and theaches them to love thier differences.:)

John Muir Middle School 2

Posted July 21, 2009
My child grades are great. My concern is Communication is Poor with School Staff including the Teachers. Security Personal are not friendly to students and parents.Uniform Policy with must Have Belt is to much.

Posted March 13, 2009
As an educator myself and a mom of a son who attends John Muir, I can tell you that this school is very good. The facility is a bit out dated but the kids seem to love to be there and the teachers are very dedicated. Not to mention it is a very safe environment for children to learn.

Posted June 05, 2008
this school is great! The teachers have a nice way of making us learn but in a fun way.There are lots of afterschool programs.and it's really easy to make friends.

Posted April 30, 2008
I have two kids which attend John Muir 6th and 7th grade and a daughter to attend next year and I love that school and the kids enjoy being there.

John Muir Middle School 3

Posted August 28, 2007
I attend this school Now. I really like all the teachers because they help you with anything you need. I feel really safe and one of my math teachers-Mr.Leming became the teacher of the year for the district. But there is not a lot of extracurricular activities and there are many fights But besides that i love it :]

1444 Williams Street, San Leandro, CA  94577
Last modified John Muir Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Muir Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top