Posted June 25, 2012
My daughter started off at St. Leanders for the first 3 years of her education. With the economy change we had to put her into a public school. Washington Elementary was where she was placed due to our location. However with the low test scores of Washington we had the choice to move her to a different school. My husband and I picked Roosevelt. I'm very pleased that we did. My daughters 4/5 grade teacher was amazing. With her help my daughter got an academic achievment award. My daughter was able to do homework club to help her in the areas that needed more attention. I can say that her 4/5 grade teacher was the reason she loves to learn and continues to push herself everyday with her school work. Roosevelt is very family oriented and has such an enriched multi-cultural background. I will be sending my youngest daughter to Roosevelt as well.

Roosevelt Elementary School 3

Posted January 29, 2012
Probably the best elementary in town but not that great. Just okay. I've had kids go there for 20 years.....yes.....I have a lot of kids and they are spread out in age. Its gone downhill in the past five years but the economy has too which hasn't helped the community or district.

Roosevelt Elementary School 3

Posted January 13, 2011
I rate Roosevelt just "ok". My children have attended for several years and the experience has been inconsistent. On the positive side, there is a very active PTA and Dad's Club that manages to raise significant funds even in this challenging economic environment. They both help to fund after school activities and teacher supplies. Community events are well attended which fosters a sense of "family". However, the cliquish nature can be off-putting to many parents. The academics are fair, but not great. If your child falls in the middle they are pretty much left to fend for themselves. The school also has a pretty significant bullying problem that they only give lip service to addressing. The teachers are motivated and doing their best - but overcrowding is becoming and issue and I would not be surprised if it started to show in test scores.

Roosevelt Elementary School 4

Posted September 22, 2010
Roosevelt has provided a great learning environment for my kids. Now that I have a child that has gone through the school and has started middle school, I can really appreciate the differences between kids that went through Roosevelt as opposed to some other SL elementary schools. Roosevelt does a fabulous job in teaching resepect and great socialization, which is what I see differentiates them from other schools (and it really becomes apparant in middle school!). I would have liked to see more resources in Special Resources for children who may have some learning disabilites - but that is an overall issue with the district.

Roosevelt Elementary School 2

Posted August 02, 2010
This school is extremley overrated! My daughter went to Roosevelt during her 3rd and 4th grade years, and we had a difficult time adjusting to the environment during her 4th grade year. Her teacher seemed passive when it came to addressing child related issues, therefore labeling my child as difficult. It also seems as though if you are not with the "program" of the school you are looked at as hostile, as demonstrated when we elected to exercise our rights by not letting our child participate in certain PRIDE activities held at the school.

Roosevelt Elementary School 4

Posted April 27, 2010
No sports at all... Nothing. Thats not good for little athletes. Parents are forced to pay for outside activities because they cant perticipate at school.

Roosevelt Elementary School 0

Posted October 07, 2009
Roosevelt elementary is a wonderful school because they are a family. The teachers love what they do for a living and they embrace the children. In addition to learning, they create a fun enviornment for the children and have many actitivites for the childrent to participate in which helps them to learn and grow into productive, responsible and successful human beings.

Roosevelt Elementary School 0

Posted September 25, 2009
My grandson is engaged and enthusiastic with his kindergarten teacher and Roosevelt. Thank you to all those involved with quality education.

Posted September 24, 2009
The teachers are excellent. The school is extremely parent friendly. The Dad's club is active and extremely important in raising money and support. Parents are fully engaged and involved. Diversity.

Posted September 22, 2009
What a fantastic place! Community, diversity, fun, and excellent education.

Roosevelt Elementary School
951 Dowling Boulevard, San Leandro, CA  94577
Last modified Roosevelt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roosevelt Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 66 reviews. Top