Posted August 14, 2012
My son has attended this school since grade 10 and his teachers are always helpful

San Leandro High School 3

Posted June 03, 2011
SLHS seems to really be one of those schools where your experience is what you make of it. If a student is willing to work hard, gets into Honors classes when possible, and participates in extracurricular activities, they can have a great experience. My daughter is just finishing her sophomore year, and I've heard about some terrible teachers but also seen some really good ones. The school is very diverse, and it feels fairly positive, and I think they are making a real effort.

Posted June 02, 2011
I attended SLHS my sophmore year of high school but I quickly left. I'm sure having the freshman campus has changed the environment of the main campus, but when I went to SLHS it was overcrowded and somewhat scary. If you have anxiety this is not the place to be. Also, If you are a student who did not do very well in previous years and you have to be in the general, college prep classes you're set up for failure. The teachers are boring, and rude. One of my close friends was practically assaulted by a teacher, And my math teacher when I went to SLHS said because I was a "white girl" I should know the meaning of a certain word. If you are an over achiever, you'll survive in SLHS with a completely different experience than us average people.

Posted April 03, 2011
this school rocks!the teachers don't necessarily care if a student is absent/cuts.The studies are okay...can be boring at certain times.But these teachers actually care and bond with the students they teach.They sure need some funding to get the place in good shape though.

San Leandro High School 3

Posted April 22, 2010
My daughter is an honor student and has a high ranking at the school. Overall I am satisfied

Posted February 27, 2010
Personally, the people are a little too free to do whatever they please, and the teachers are very boring. Kids don't learn when they aren't mentally engaged. Sitting on your computer all day and giving the kids stupid questions about things that don't even end up on the test should not be tollerated. That's not what you're getting paid for. this and being treated as a number rather than as a human being can really take a toll on the child's mood, grades, and overall outloooks on life. And they wonder why people cut? (I am a straight A/ B student and have never been tardy or skipped a class in my time, by the way)

Posted October 19, 2009
Don't even get me started on San Leandro High School. This school has some big improvements to make. Now I'm not saying it's a horrible school but I would not ever recommend this school to anyone I know. This school has a lot of unessasary rude behavior and is a bad enviorment and atmophrsere. It is not comfortable to be at this school on most days. So just to remind you that I am not to proud to attend this school.

San Leandro High School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
This school may not have the greatest scores ever but it has a great enviroment and its always cheerful

Posted September 17, 2009
I'm a senior and although I can't wait to be in college, I enjoyed my time in SLHS. It's a lot more mature than the other schools around, it's very, VERY diverse, the clubs are great and varied, and the teachers really care about us and our needs. It's great; everyone has their own distinct tastes in schools, but San Leandro appeals to most of them. 5/5.

San Leandro High School 2

Posted August 31, 2009
I've gone to sl for 2 years, and I'm sick of it. Everyone here talks the same, dresses the same, there is racial diversity but none personality wise. People here are generally pretty mean to anyone who is different, and there is a lot of violence.

San Leandro High School
2200 Bancroft Avenue, San Leandro, CA  94577
Last modified San Leandro High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
San Leandro High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top