Washington Elementary School 1

Posted June 24, 2014
Poor school not enough sport summer activity programs for children. Principal does not show concern of certain important issues.

Washington Elementary School 3

Posted August 01, 2013
Washington Elementary School was the school I attended when I was younger. I loved Washington in the 80's it was a great school. Now that I have children of my own my youngest will be attending here for Kindergarten. I'm very excited for her especially since they have a brand new play ground structure and new class room portables. I hope she enjoys it as much as I did when I was younger.

Washington Elementary School 3

Posted August 01, 2013
I'm excited for my youngest daughter to start kindergarten this coming fall at Washington Elementary School. We live right around the corner and I'm sure she will enjoy it. I've heard many great things about Washington and I look forward to meeting the teachers and staff.

Posted July 29, 2009

Washington Elementary School 0

Posted December 27, 2008
I have two grandsons currently enrolled in Washington. Both teachers have been extremely helpful in giving my boys the best education possible. They, along with the ELD teacher, are making sure the boys progress as much as possible for their skill level. Thank you to Ms. Shaw, Ms. Sans and the ELD instructors.

Washington Elementary School 4

Posted July 27, 2008
My son just completed Kindergarten at Washington. As an educator, I fully understand the pressures and realities confronted by low performing public schools and was anxious about our decision to send our son to Washington. He ended up having a really wonderful year--he adored his teacher and always looked forward to going to school, excelled academically, and really felt comfortable in the school community and close to his diverse group of peers. I am part of a growing active parent group at the school and have enjoyed being part of a group of parents so committed to improving the school for all. We have a great new principal who is pushing the school in good directions and I believe that the school is getting better and better each year.

Posted July 21, 2008

Washington Elementary School 4

Posted September 15, 2007
Up until the first day of school, my husband and I were questioning our decision to send our daughter to Washington or to try and transfer to another school. Our concerns dissipated immediately. She had a truly talented and caring kindergarten teacher who worked well with the wide variety of students in her class. By the end of kindergarten, our daughter had a solid foundation for reading and was doing subtraction and some abstract math concepts. Her first grade teacher this year is amazing! With over 25 years of experience, she has created a calm yet enriching learning environment for kids. This year the school has before and after care for kids which is helping working families and is offering Spanish classes four days a week! The school is also adopting an environmental theme that the teachers and the students are excited about. Bottom line, we're glad we stayed.

Posted June 09, 2007
Overall our experience at Washington was great. The teachers are very open with parents and readily available for parent/teacher conferences. The academic programs are some what limited in that they do not flourish with tons of extra curricular tutorials; however, they do provide many multi-cultural activities, art classes, and school performances that keep the kids active and stimulated. The parent involvement was great. There were a core group of parents spending quality time for the school each step of the way and other parents volunteering for other services. Washington has a family-like atmosphere and if we had to do it again my daughter, who is graduating from the 5th and attended since the 1st would go again. Note: the student/teacher ration is high therefore, reiterating school work and extra homework was necessary. Again, great teachers!

Posted May 10, 2007
My son's experience at Washington Elementary School has been very positive. Mrs Perlman's class jumped right into thing's from the start and in a short time there was already a noticeable improvement in my son's writing,reading and mathematical abilities. He really surprised me when he was doing subtraction problems by Christmas, He expresses his newly found knowledge proudly with self confidence which I directly attribute to Mrs. Perlman's teaching style. She really has been a big player in his development of high self esteem. The overall faculty of the school really seem like they care about the students and it shows when you see them interact. One thing that really stands out are the billboards for each class, where the students work is displayed. That really helps the students feel proud of their individual accomplishments. I think Washington School is successfully building a strong scholastic foundation for their students.

Washington Elementary School
250 Dutton Avenue, San Leandro, CA  94577
Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.