San Leandro, CA

Posted August 19, 2011
My 3 children love this school. They have loved all of their teachers with only one exception and she was only there for one year. I, too, have enjoyed all of the teachers. They have been very approachable and willing to work with me to help my children do their best. We have had SST meetings for 2 of my children. One did not qualify for intervention, but my other one does. The qualifications for who gets help are pretty tight and the SST did their best to help brainstorm ways of helping my child. I wish she could get more help, but that is not the fault of the school. The PTA has been great at providing many fun activities, some of which include the family. The school is safe and well maintained. The music program is very rigorous and sadly was recently cut way back.

Posted November 03, 2009
Corvallis School really cares about the children, they do their best to provide education and allow, encourage parents to be involved. Many of the staff come out of their own pocket to make sure that their truely is no child left behind.

Posted July 02, 2009
I think its a great school, I went there from 3rd grade and now my kids go there. I have never had an issue at this school or with any of the teachers. I love Corvallis School.

Posted July 31, 2008
Great School. My kids love it and the staff is so great..

Posted February 08, 2008
The teachers and staff are so wonderful and supportive. The PTA is outstanding and make sure the students have a lot of fun activities during the year. The ground are clean and kept up nicely.

Corvallis Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2007
Intervention is done during the day for those who need the most help. The No Child Left Behind Act has tied the school's hands on how much extra help is given and to whom. The requirement of the students receiving 1.5 hrs of uninterrupted Language Arts and Math made it impossible for their to be as many field trips. Also, there are often not enough parents to help chaperone. Attend SRC Meetings and PTA meetings and you'll hear more abou these topics. This is the best school in the district by far! If your child needs help, youre the best tutor.

Corvallis Elementary School

Posted August 21, 2007
This is a very nice school I just wish they offered tuturing for children who need extra help

Corvallis Elementary School 3

Posted July 26, 2005
Although Corvallis is a great school, they did not focus on any field trip or extra activities in the upper grades 4-5. I was disappointed that there was also no promotional ceremony for students moving on to middle school.

Posted May 26, 2005
Corvallis Elementary rocks. This school renews my faith in public education. The teachers are dedicated, especially Mr. Illingsworth (4th grade). I went to an open house last night. It was so well attended one may have thought a concert was happening. My granddaughter's 4th grade class did individual power point presentations. I wish I could return to elementary school at Corvallis. I'm sure I would learn quite a bit. I have been to the school during the school day on several occasions. The kids are so well behaved. Great job Corvallis!

Posted March 25, 2004
I have had children in this school for the last 3 years and I am always amazed by the sincere dedication and professionalism of all the staff. The principal is always finding ways to improve her students complete learning experience. As a teacher myself, I must say that the teachers collaberate regularly to make sure they are doing their best as a team to improve their students. Their music programs is one of the best in the district and they have one of the most active PTA boards in the district as well. Any parent would be proud to be a part of this school's community.

Corvallis Elementary School
14790 Corvallis Street, San Leandro, CA  94579
Last modified Corvallis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Corvallis Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top