Bad
Good

This is a great school. This is my daughter's first year at Dayton. She is in the 2nd grade. She came from Bella Vista Elementary school in Oakland (which was also excellent!). To be honest, I liked Bella Vista more because my daughter was always challenged and academics was taken so seriously by many of the parents. Parents knew each other and supported each other. We had parent volunteers who would read to/with the children from 7am until school started. Anyway, let me focus the review more on Dayton. My daughter's teacher is very supportive. She recognizes that my daughter is advanced for her grade, so she offers her "extra credit" assignments. In areas where my daughter is weak, she spends time to explain to my daughter thoroughly to ensure that she undertsands the concepts. She is calm and very experienced as children know what to expect from her. I, however, wish that more homework was given, My daughter finishes the homework in less than 10 minutes. Additionally, all 2nd grade classes receive the exact homework, which makes education "streamline." I think that presvents the teachers from being creative and teaching more than they should. It's always great to learn more.

Dayton is a school with dedicated teachers, kind students, and excellent leadership from a principal who is passionate about the school and every student there. My son is in 1st grade and the 2 teachers that he has had went above and beyond to create a comfortable community in the classroom, where all students were academically challenged and had fun while learning. The Kid's Club is also a fun place for him to be after school, all of the instructors are great and seem to have a lot of fun with the kids. Way to go Dayton Tigers!

Dayton is a sorely underrated school on this site. We moved away from this school district to a supposedly better school just over the hill that happens to be rated a 10 on GreatSchools, and despite this, I think Dayton is a better school, with more diversity, and programs that are accessible to everyone. I especially liked that my kids were able to participate in the music program and whenever there was a recital, the mutipurpose room was overflowing with parents and family members. It was a much warmer place than the school my child is at now. If I knew what I know now, we would have stayed in this school district.nIt just goes to show that money doesn't replace heart, and Dayton has a lot of heart.

Dayton is a great place to LEARN! I enjoy my daughter being at Dayton Elementary School. She has made friends and enjoys the staff. They smile and speak to all students, that's special! I am so happy because I know she is safe, her teacher cares about her education and makes sure she understands what is being taught. I enjoy the Principal's morning words for thought and seeing the staff at outside pick-up. My daughter felt special when the principal helped her out of the car. I know he's busy making the school what it is and to take time on occasion to do that is special. The PTA is alive and well, they do a great job, just like the very helpful office staff. I can only write 150 words or less. Go Dayton!!!! Happy Parent of a 3rd grader

Great school! The staff has been WONDERFUL! Feel safe with my daughter being there, office staff knows parents Very well. Enjoyed our past 2 years here. Teachers have been more then I could have asked for really doing eveything they can to help my child and me too! Its smaller # of students which I ike seems to allow the staff to get to know allthe children really well. Mr Bloch IS GREAT TOO! Really great school.

Last modified Dayton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.