San Leandro, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 20, 2014
The new principal is an excellent addition to the school. He comes with a strong reputation for engaging parents and faculty to share responsibility for nurturing and educating students. This is our 6th year at the school and we are looking forward to another solid academic year at Assumption.

Assumption School 2

Posted May 03, 2014
There will be a new principal next year along with math and English teacher YEAH! The Spanish class needs to be redone.

Posted January 18, 2014
Assumption is an outstanding school with a robust, dedicated staff and a diverse population of students that are happy and sell adjusted. I have a gap in ages between my older children and my younger children. I took the chance to re-review the schools in the area when it was time for the younger set to start. Assumption is head a shoulders above others. While no school is perfect, Assumption is great in the categories that matter most to me: safe, caring, religiously based school that is academically rigorous. Come check it out for yourself on January 26, 2014 at the Open House.

Posted January 07, 2014
Fabulous school. I have three children at the school and have been very impressed with the leadership and teachers. The principal is not afraid to make change and has upgraded the curriculum across the board in recent years. The education and standards are rigorous, but the school also focuses on building character and emphasizes Catholic values. There is an active parent community as well. Overall, very happy with the school.

Assumption School 4

Posted November 10, 2013
We sent both our children to Assumption from Kindergarden through eighth grade. They received a great education and have excelled in high school both educationally and morally. If you are looking for a quality education for your children along with a sense of community this is the place for you.

Posted October 29, 2013
I have been so very pleased with the way that Assumption emphasizes strong academics and values/character. Plus, the family community is incredibly strong, supportive, and involved. My kids have thrived here from the start! Their teachers have been impressive all have held the kids to very high academic and behavioral standards. I have appreciated the strong math and science curriculums, which my kids have found challenging and rewarding. Recently, the principal instituted a program requiring all students to perform some level of community service, which for my children has been a truly character- and community-building experience. This school is ensuring that my children develop into citizens of the world!

Posted October 25, 2013
Attending Assumption School has been a great experience for my children. First, the community here is top-notch with active, caring and fun parents and teachers. The principal is a strong leader who has worked hard to build up the school's academic programs and leadership committees. WhatI like best about her is she doesn't play favorites. The school has implemented the highest quality instructional technology in the classrooms. The smart boards allow teachers to present course content in engaging ways. In my experience, this school has done a great job of quickly implementing new technology, methodology and curriculum to prepare my kids for the future. It is also a fun and welcoming place to be.

Posted October 25, 2013
Attending Assumption School has been a great experience for my child. The teachers treat each student as an individual and are an extremely dedicated group of educators. Through a rich and diverse curriculum, children flourish in this environment. My child is not only learning what she needs to academically, she is developing an amazing sense of self worth. I am grateful for Assumption school and appreciate the dedication of the principal and staff. I feel very fortunate to have found Assumption School.

Assumption School 1

Posted February 19, 2013
Old fashioned mind set here. No technology for kids, Spanish finally starting to improve after a decade. Do not look for help for either a very intelligent child, who's likely to be bored, or a child who needs help. No deviation from the standard to help your child do well in this school. Principal is no help, does not want to hear any problems or any creative solutions. Take it or leave it attitude. Parental involvement down due to principal's personality. Not the school it used to be under former principal. Look elsewhere for Christianity to be practiced. Many staff members unhappy but need jobs.

Posted September 21, 2009