K-8|Private

Bad
Good

I have witnessed the transformation of my daughter from an average student to an achiever. Saint Leander Catholic School had equipped and prepared her to compete in a larger scale environment. They had built a solid foundation in all categories, in sports, academics and moral integrity. This had opened opportunities for her to be accepted into one of the most prestigious Catholic high schools in the Bay Area, while also obtaining scholarships at the same time. Now, my daughter has a GPA of 4.0 and above. This school has never seized to amaze me. I'm seeing the same transformation through my 6-year-old son, who is in Kindergarten. It's mind boggling that he truly knows how to read. I still remember in my time, I learned how to read when I was in 2nd grade. Saint Leander's teaching methods are very advanced and effective. Both of our children are faring much better in comparison to their cousins who attend other Catholic schools. In addition to the fact that their cousins had attended Kumon and Sylvan to improve academic performance. I would definitely recommend Saint Leander Catholic School to anyone. They truly care for the education and well bring of my kids. We are absolutely blessed to have this school.

My son has attended St. Leander since pre-k. St Leander truly is a community. I am impressed with the involvement and support of all the parents. The teachers challenge the students academically and provide the tools to ensure the students succeed. My son enjoys going to school everyday.

We have a son in the 4th grade and a daughter in the 2nd grade ending their 4th year at St. Leander. The school offers one of the only Pre-K at a Catholic School in the area, a diverse student body, a strong community, solid academics, and extensive parental involvement. With a single class per grade level (usually 20 - 25 children per grade) the kids have an opportunity to form strong & lasting friendships, and receive individualized attention from the staff. The school frequently places as many or more children each year in excellent high schools (e.g. Bishop O Dowd). My kids LOVE, LOVE, LOVE St. Leander School, love their teachers, their friends and the school community. It s like their second home. We couldn't be happier.

This is an excellent school. My oldest child has attended this school for the past 9 years (he started in Pre-K). My children are not perfect and they don't fit a "cookie cutter mold". They have occasionally had problems with other students and with academic subjects. Through it all, their teachers have consistently been caring, concerned and willing to meet with me to address any concerns or questions. The school has invested in technology, and they do an excellent job of using technology as part of their curriculum. Because the school is small, students are not broken into academic tracks. So the school may be frustrating for a truly gifted student who needs more challenge. However, the size of the school allows you to get to know the faculty, staff, and other parents. This creates a real sense of community.

This school is a joke. Teachers who don't have the skill set to engage the children or communicate with parents. No bullying policy is useless. There is a lack of structure with these teachers. This school is fine if your child fits into the cookie cutter mold. We will be pulling my nephew from this school next year and I don't recommend waiting your money.

The school has low academic standards. Bullying issues are not appropriately handled. Very dissapointed at the school.

My son attends St. Leander and it is an excellent school...education, teachers and the principal, Mrs. Mullen, is the best!

Great school. Excellent teachers and staff, most have been around for years and had even taught the parents of some of today's children. No tolerance for bullying, the children are taught to be caring and respectful. They have Art, PE, Music and Technology classes.

I was very dissapointed when my son attended this school last year. The teachers have a very old school out look on real life and as long as you are throwing money at the school... your chis is allowed to get away with things that even a public school wouldnt allow.. and missing a payment leaves you on the "list"... so beware to those thinking about this school... also... the teacher assistants are constantly changing...

I am really disappointed with this school. My kids were there for over 6 years, but ran into issues with high staff turnover. The staff is unwilling to deal with any issues that come up. This school is only for super quiet academic kids who fit the 'mold'. No accomodations will be given to kids who don't 'fit' in.

Last modified St. Leander is a Private school that serves grades K-8