No rating

Chinese Christian Schools?San Leandro

Private | K-8 | 278 students

We are best known for strong academics & community.

Living in San Leandro

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $308,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,730.

Posted July 4, 2014

I attended this school for 5 years total, and I loved it so much. If it were not for the financial problems my family had, I would have loved to stay. The teachers are very patient and kind. I could tell they really cared and wanted to help. The school lunches were incredible, and the other students were very friendly. I've gone from CCS to public school, back to CCS and now in public school again and I have no doubt that this is my favorite school ever. If I had the chance, I would come back. Although, there is quite a lot of schoolwork and homework, it truly helps. This school prepares you in all ways for your future. You also learn a lot about God and it is very peaceful and loving there especially compared to a public school where fights happen about once every few weeks. I've never heard of a fight going on while I was there, and there's so much more I would love to say about this school, but it's difficult to summarize all the greatness in a review. Overall, I'd just like to say this is a wonderful school.

Posted July 24, 2013

really difficult but made me very prepared. I am leaving this year to a different school to meet more people because my 8th grade class had only 20 people. There was only one class too. You are very protected from drugs and alcohol. I have never in my life seen or heard anyone at CCS smoke, drink, or do drugs. So if you are looking for a very protected school you have found it. It does also really emphisize christian standards. All and i mean ALL (there arent many) are extremely caring and think of you as their own. Trust me. They love you and they show it. But let me warn you, this school is difficult! I had a GPA of 3.0 at this school and i now have a GPA of 4.0 at a public school. They really prepare you.

Posted March 22, 2012

Honestly, there is too much homework in 6th grade, but the overall general school atmosphere is great! Every other year's field trip always has meaning, and the Mandarin classes are great. The students are disciplined and respectful.

Posted March 10, 2012

CCS is a good school for anyone. In Elementary everybody will get along. In Middle School you will get more homework and stricter teachers but you will have a little more freedom then Elementary. You also get 2 lockers. But in 7th grade the teacher is very lazy so I recommend you to switch to Alameda for 7th grade then switch back for 8th grade.

Posted June 15, 2011

This school is a good school but when you get into 6 garde depand on which teacher they put you in. My girl who has a teach name Tina . She is the wrost teacher that i ever seem. Not even i complaim about her, all my relative 's children who had her class before also complaim about her. I personal do not like her at all....She is a very unfair teacher and alway think that she is right even thought she did not. I hope all parents need to careful when your child get into 6 garde make sure that you don't have this teacher.

Posted September 29, 2009

I love Chinese Christian Schools because it has such a great atmosphere. Everyone in our grade is like one big family. 99.9% of students graduate from Chinese Christian Schools. Overall it is a wonderful experience and you get a chance to learn more about God.

Posted September 28, 2009

Great Academics, Amazing Teachers, and a safe environment for learning.

Posted September 28, 2009

What other school has one hundred of its students go to college? We also have ridiculous pass rates and 5 rates on the APs. Our teachers care about our students and have classes small enough for personal attention. Best of all, the teachers don't teach just academically but also guide students through life. What more could a parent want?

Posted September 28, 2009

It has good academic as well as moral standards where people can actually communicate with their teachers and staff on a one-on-one basis.

Posted September 28, 2009

It made me the person i am now and my parents are proud of what i have acheived. The teachers are so friendly too, i love them so much. Although i don't attend CCS anymore, it's my favorite school and i miss it greatly. In the future, i will totally send my kids here.

Posted September 14, 2009

CCS doesn't provide for individualized attention which you will find in other private schools. The students are expected to keep up with the class or fall behind. The class sizes are very large which explains the lack of attention to each student. The school could do a better job in making improvements to the campus. It's very outdated and almost an eyesore for it to be considered a private school.

Posted June 9, 2009

As the parent of a former student of CCS I have to say that the quality of education provided by the staff is excellent. We sent our daughter here for 2 years for K-1st and would have definitely continued if financial distress had not set in for our family. I must say that we owe a substantial debt of gratitude for the education, care and mentoring the CCS teachers provided our daughter. They deserve our sincerest gratitude and we would absolutely recommend this school to any interested parents looking for a high quality Christian education for their kids.

Posted October 27, 2008

My two kids go to this school since kindergarten. We were pretty satisfied with their elementary school very responsible, open minded principle; nice and kind teachers with good qualification. But now we re thinking about transferring out our kids to other middle school because the leadership team in middle school doesn t seem care about the parents opinion. The teachers are not organized enough (frequently make score error). The campus is old. Very disappointed.

Posted June 20, 2008

I agree that there are too little extra curricular. The curriculum leaves little or no room for creativity, which is very important f problem solving, especially when they come to the working world. I am disappointed that all they focus on is academics. Also every year they increase 10% of their tuition. For what? Their curriculum is taught similar to traditional old school methods. Classrooms, everything is is very old and not modern yet they increase the tuition.

Posted January 16, 2008

There are very few extra curricular activities to participate in.I find that many of the teachers emphasize memorization. There is a lack of diversity as Asians make up 99% of the school. On a positive note, the school is in a very safe environment. Fights never occur and students are very disciplined.

Posted November 16, 2007

they have excellent teachers and we are more than you think. those people who say that our school is bad is wrong. some students even come back as teachers!

Posted July 17, 2007

I sent my 3 kids here, 2 who have graduated here, and the last one who is begging to leave. The academics are good, but some teachers do expect the students to learn on their own. The facility is dirty, but I believe its because everything is so outdated.

Posted March 28, 2007

This private school is similar to public school because the school is not well maintained. The campus is very old. There are a lot of homework which you need to spend a lot of time to practice with your children. We wish the teacher will spend more time teaching in the classroom. Lastly, there are so many days off and minimum days at this school. The school is over rated.

Posted February 2, 2007

I'm so disappointed about this school. Firstly, the facility of the San Leandro Campus was so dated. If you want your sons/daughters to build up a strong Christian character, this is not the right school for you. Finally, I choose another Christian School even though they charge much higher.

Posted December 7, 2006

My 2 high-school & middle-school-aged children have attended CCS since kindergarten. At CCS, they are challenged to grow academically, spiritually, & in character. Although not perfect, the teachers are loving, caring, & wonderful role-models; and I believe they work very hard to see that their students succeed. Standards are high, the school environment is safe, & the character of the overall student body is outstanding. When compared to the price of many other private schools in this area, CCS is a great value in many ways.

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Chinese (Cantonese)
Korean
Chinese (Mandarin)
Spanish
Vietnamese
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • ACSI Exemplary School (2007)
  • ACSI Exemplary School

• SAT/ACT prep classes
  • School-sponsored trips to college campuses
  • Summer college prep programs
  • Visiting teachers or lecturers from colleges

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Mr. Edward Yue
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Orchestra
Performing arts
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Parents are encouraged to take part in every aspect of the school program. we have a parent-teacher fellowship that has a monthly newsletter and sponsors various meetings and activities. the school is very active in community events and community service.