PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted December 09, 2015
My Children were so shy when they started Principled Academy,because of the warm attention which the staff showed to the kid's and Support they grew up to be Compassionate,Helpful & more Sensitive to other's because it's a character Education School my children were molded to be Great in Character,Thank You Principled Academy.

Posted December 09, 2015
Principled Academy provides a close-knit learning environment for students in which each child is known by all staff. It's a home away from home for my daughter.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 09, 2015
I am grateful for Trevor a key teacher in the preschool and after school program. I am appreciative of his effort, attitude, and expertise in educating the kids.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 08, 2015
Even though a lot of homework is not given, it is meaningful and makes the students think.

Posted December 08, 2015
I have never been at a school where the staff, head of school and principal knows every child's name and/or family name. For me, it was the first sign of a caring environment. My daughter also feels like she is at home there.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted December 08, 2015
I am grateful for the school office manager, Nancy. I believe she does so much and does not get enough credit. I say she is the glue that hold the pieces together.

Posted February 11, 2015
We are very happy with the school. It s amazing how many Kids from all over the the world you can find there, a trully multicultural environment. My Kids started last year in preschool and It was hard at the beginning because they didn t know english at all, so for them was difficult. But we had a lot of support from the teachers and soon they were adapted and have been enjoying a lot the school. The ambiance is nice and cozy and teachers are very kind and patient. There are lots of activities that involve the students. Big kids are very nice and helpful with the little ones and I think the school has a lot to do with this.

Posted September 23, 2014
I have 3 kids at the school for the past 5 years now. My wife and I are struggling to keep them there because every time we mention sending them to public school for purely financial reasons, they go bonkers! There's a strong sense of community, caring, and respect. But I think above it all, my kids experience love there. Love from the teachers. And their classmates. The school recognizes good behaviors and gives awards out to each and every student every year. Character awards like generosity, kindness, imaginative, loyal, creative, etc... Bringing out the best in students and encourage them to be true champions for life. Def highly recommend this school.

Posted April 08, 2014
I have 3 children attending The Principled Academy and I am very satisfied with the school - curriculum, emphasis on character education, small class size. Teachers seem to genuinely care for all the students. Most parents seem to share similar values and views on education, life and what we want for our children. I am not necessary against public schools but when there are 25, 30, or even 35 students in one class, I don't think our children are able to receive the attention and care that they deserve and need in order to learn and excel. At The Principled Academy, teachers and staff members take time to get to know and understand each student and his/her family. And I know all of us - parents, students and teachers - feel the school community is almost like a family. We are so fortunate to be able to have our children grow and learn to love learning in such an emotionally stable and warm environment.

The Principled Academy 4

Posted July 27, 2013
As far as the educators caring about each individual student, the school gets ten stars. Never before have I felt as though administration cared so much about my kids, along with their teachers. Everyone knows my kids, their names, my first & last name, they acknowledge me, recognize me, ask me how I am.... it truly feels like a family environment. For that I am very grateful. I docked a star because the building and resources are slightly outdated. Simply a funding issue. As far as learning capabilities, one of my children is ahead of the curve in reading and math, and the other is at grade level. I sincerely appreciate the fact that the school acknowledges that each child learns at a different pace and creates activities to accommodate this. They also do not have hard and fast cut offs for ages etc. Yes, it falls within state guidelines, but not a hard and fast NO for everything. I would definitely recommend The Principled Academy to other parents. And the price cannot be beat.

2305 Washington Avenue, San Leandro, CA  94577
Last modified The Principled Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
The Principled Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top