Posted September 23, 2014
I have 3 kids at the school for the past 5 years now. My wife and I are struggling to keep them there because every time we mention sending them to public school for purely financial reasons, they go bonkers! There's a strong sense of community, caring, and respect. But I think above it all, my kids experience love there. Love from the teachers. And their classmates. The school recognizes good behaviors and gives awards out to each and every student every year. Character awards like generosity, kindness, imaginative, loyal, creative, etc... Bringing out the best in students and encourage them to be true champions for life. Def highly recommend this school.

Posted April 08, 2014
I have 3 children attending The Principled Academy and I am very satisfied with the school - curriculum, emphasis on character education, small class size. Teachers seem to genuinely care for all the students. Most parents seem to share similar values and views on education, life and what we want for our children. I am not necessary against public schools but when there are 25, 30, or even 35 students in one class, I don't think our children are able to receive the attention and care that they deserve and need in order to learn and excel. At The Principled Academy, teachers and staff members take time to get to know and understand each student and his/her family. And I know all of us - parents, students and teachers - feel the school community is almost like a family. We are so fortunate to be able to have our children grow and learn to love learning in such an emotionally stable and warm environment.

The Principled Academy 4

Posted July 27, 2013
As far as the educators caring about each individual student, the school gets ten stars. Never before have I felt as though administration cared so much about my kids, along with their teachers. Everyone knows my kids, their names, my first & last name, they acknowledge me, recognize me, ask me how I am.... it truly feels like a family environment. For that I am very grateful. I docked a star because the building and resources are slightly outdated. Simply a funding issue. As far as learning capabilities, one of my children is ahead of the curve in reading and math, and the other is at grade level. I sincerely appreciate the fact that the school acknowledges that each child learns at a different pace and creates activities to accommodate this. They also do not have hard and fast cut offs for ages etc. Yes, it falls within state guidelines, but not a hard and fast NO for everything. I would definitely recommend The Principled Academy to other parents. And the price cannot be beat.

Posted May 17, 2011
My children have graduated from this school and I was extremely happy with their experience at The Principled Academy. The emphasis on character education and academic excellence is what drew me to the school. I also really like the small size (130 students preschool through 8th grade); it was like a family/community. The one thing that I had concerns about is that I think the 7th and 8th grade classes had very challenging curriculum for English and History. I believe that one of the books that my child used was a high school level history book. The 7th and 8th grade definitely is striving to teach to those students who are in the top 10-15% of their class. The average student may really struggle. Otherwise, I was very happy with my children's experience.

Posted March 25, 2010

Posted December 13, 2009
I have two children in 4th and 7th grade attending this school. One graduated two years ago and went to Bishop O'Dowd where he has a 3.9 GPA. I moved from Westchester NY from a school district that is nationally ranked in the top 50. I am happier with this school.

Posted August 23, 2008
I highly recommend this school and I agree to all the great comments the other parents were putting here: great teachers, great students, great means of instruction (core knowledge), great environment, great etc. I even wrote a letter to the principal that we really felt we were already part of the family but unfortunately we have to move our son near our work place. If given the chance to go back to San Leandro, this will be the first school in our list. More power to Principled Academy! We miss you.

Posted March 04, 2008
My children currently attend this school and we couldn't be happier. My daughter's reading has blossomed tremendously and the parent-teacher communication is stellar. High academic standard, interesting curriculum and family atmosphere make this school a top choice in the San Leandro area.

Posted July 26, 2007
My daughter began her attendance at The Principled Academy for preschool and is now entering the first grade and will be attending there. If you are a parent who believes strongly in a stellar academic program, but does not want to sacrifice your child's social, emotional, and moral/ethical growth, then this may be the school for your family. I say family because that is what you will find. Anytime you walk on campus, you will see parents being active in their child's (and yours) successes.

Posted July 13, 2007
My son attended the Principled Academy for 5th through 8th grades. He received an excellent education. The math, English, history, and science were excellent. He had different teachers for art, physical education, computer class and Spanish. As a small school, everyone knows everyone else and there is a family type atmosphere. After school there are music classes, martial arts and dance classes. The parents are very involved with field trips, in class helping, and other activities. I felt like the school was a breath of fresh air for my son - a place where he was free to learn and grow. I highly recommend this school.

The Principled Academy
2305 Washington Avenue, San Leandro, CA  94577
Last modified The Principled Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
The Principled Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top