Bay Elementary School 4

Posted April 09, 2012
Only a couple of things that are unlikeable. The children are not allowed to run on the playground hardtop , or else they will be in trouble. I dont like that rule, but I'm sure there is a reason for it, and there can be much worse things. Either way, something that all parents should know is that the majority of the teachers are truly dedicated. Before you buy into the bad comments about the principal though, she's actually awesome. She stays on top of attendance and makes sure her school runs like a well oiled machine. You know how bullying is such a big issue at most schools? Well, not here. I happen to know that at our school, our principal makes sure any issue that even comes remotely close to bullying is stopped immediately. Her concern for the well being of each student goes beyond the school yard. Ms. Tavares will even answer your emails after hours and on the weekends to resolve most issues. This is something that will ease the mind of any parent. Love the school, love the teachers, love the PTA.

Posted March 18, 2010
This school is not a terrible school, but a lot of the teachers seem angry all the time and it is probably due to the principal. The office staff is not friendly, very rude, and always stressed out. I have heard them several times bad mouthing the principal and rightfully so. I think the school would function much better with a better principal who actually cares about the kids. At first glance, she seems nice and then you realize after more than one interaction that she goes back on her word, blames teachers and district staff, and is demeaning to staff, students, and parents. Some of the teachers are very good, you just have to hope that your child gets into their class!

Bay Elementary School 3

Posted October 14, 2009
Love the teachers, the princable, not so good

Posted September 22, 2009
We have great Teachers and an awesome PTA with a lot of parent involvement.

Posted April 29, 2009
I love everything about this school, teachers teaching my kids well, good discipline, Principal really listens to parent and gives us advise when we ask for it, they always have time for us.

Bay Elementary School 3

Posted January 24, 2008

Posted December 05, 2007

Posted December 05, 2007
I pulled my child out last year because of the many issues with the administration and organization of this place. The office staff is unwelcoming. The principal is negative. The teachers attempt to teach in this mess-there are some good ones. For the most part the surrounding community is supportive.

Bay Elementary School 2

Posted November 07, 2007
The school is a mix of teachers that are energized about teaching and others that are obviously very stressed out. I simply adore my child's young newly hired teacher. As a parent of a child with special needs, I feel comforted knowing that my child is in safe and skilled hands. He has progressed so much this year than in our past years in this program. The administration is a different story. Based on several interactions and observations, the principal is very difficult to work with. I've witnessed (and experienced first hand) her speaking disrespectfully to the staff and parents on several occasions which sadly is a reflection on the school. I do think that the school has suffered from budgt cuts which may up the stress in the building.

Posted September 03, 2007
Although my family and I live in Hayward now,(unwillingly and abruptly, we had to move) my daughter attends Bay School. I think it has great teachers and a very personable and involved Pricipal. I feel Bay School and all involved, are doing their best with what little the budget/state has given them. I feel good about my daughter attending Bay School. I support this school 100%!

Bay Elementary School
2001 Bockman Road, San Lorenzo, CA  94580
Last modified Bay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bay Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top