San Lorenzo, CA

Bohannon Middle School 1

Posted December 02, 2014
I have had numerous problems with the school my son is only went there for a month he's been stabbed with a pencil chase down the street after school spit on at school been called racist names a teacher is yelling in his face and I bring it to the school's attention Mr Pacman they call him and nothing was done. no one should send their son to the school if they care about their kids because the staff at the school does not care about your kids at all

Bohannon Middle School 4

Posted April 04, 2011
My granddaughter goes to Bohannon and she has ADHD I am very satisfied with the way the staff here are helping her and keeping me informed of her outcome She struggles very hard to get the work done. But with the teachers help and my looking over her shoulder she has improved alot. I dont think she would get the help anywhere else that she has gotten from Bohannon. THANKS TO THE STAFF FOR ALL YOUR HELP...

Posted April 02, 2011
My nephew goes here. Last year it was fine but this year it's gone down the hill bad! He was supposed to be put in a separate room for testing and they haven't been doing that ALL YEAR. Now he is failing almost everything and he may be held back because of the school's negligence. This has impacted his overall attitude towards school and his self esteem greatly! No matter how many times my family and I reassure him that he is not unintelligent, he just doesn't seem to believe it. If your child has testing issues, don't send them here! Thanks a lot Bohannon for damaging my nephew's view of his own self worth!! You can bet that my little nephew won't be going here when the time comes! -A very angry Aunt

Bohannon Middle School 4

Posted February 01, 2010
My daughter is now a 7th grader at Bohannon. I am very happy with her academic achievements while attending Middle School. All around,this is the most dificult age group to deal with and compared to my eldest three, who all attended Bancroft Middle school in San Leandro - all of whom had issues with administration, staff and peers. Bohannon's administration, staff, and student body all seem to work together for the betterment of the school as a whole. I couldn't ask for a more well rounded environment for my daughter.

Bohannon Middle School 3

Posted July 22, 2009
I have had five children go through this school and, therefore, have had a long experience with Bohannon. My experience with several teachers was positive and I found that if I was interested in being proactive, they were more than willing to talk to me. I only found two teachers who were not organized and didn't communicate well. Bohannon has had three different principals while my kids were there. Ms. Cambria was the first and had the school whipped into shape. After her departure, there has been a noticeable decline in communication with parents, discipline issues, and overall attitude of students.

Bohannon Middle School 5

Posted April 24, 2009
this is the best school my kid has ever been to

Bohannon Middle School 5

Posted March 18, 2009
Terrific school with excellent teachers and after school programs

Posted February 23, 2008
Bohannon could do better. Splitting the lunches are not preventing the fights because they still happen during break. They should separate halls for 6th,7th, and 8th because too many 6th graders are around the 7th and 8th grade classrooms. The lunch lines are not very fast. Some of the security guards let some people cut which isnt really fair for the other students. Most of the teachers are trying to do their best. One of the 8th grade math teachers just lets the class go wild and threatens with a refferral but it doesn't really work. I'd say the best teacher is the music teacher for wanting to help out by trying to get more electives. I am now an 8th grader, and 2 years ago, there were more stuff we could have done like helping out at the library and other things. Extending the hours for school does not help.

Posted July 04, 2007
I have had two children going to Bohannon in the past and I have seen a decline in the academic programs and the removal of important extra curriculum activities as well (advanced Math for example). The school's performance has declined tremendously. Bohannon needs to incorporate extra-curriculum academic activities for those kids that are more advanced and willing to learn more. Parents need to get more involved and push for more academic programs and activities. Bring these issues to the Superintendent. Security is another issue that needs attention. Principal needs to be more aggressive in bringing this school back to track. Music program is excellent and hats off to the music teacher. Let's all (teachers, parents, Principal) help this new generation get the best out of school.

Posted February 23, 2007
Bohannon middle school isnt the best school.But the teacher try to help as much as they can. There is a very involed music who takes on more then she needs to voulntarly. The schools stats our not good and need to be inproved.

Bohannon Middle School
800 Bockman Road, San Lorenzo, CA  94580
Last modified Bohannon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bohannon Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top