San Lorenzo, CA

Posted May 09, 2013
Del Rey Rocks !!! Awesome Principal, Teachers & Staff. P.T.A. host's plenty of events all year round with fun for the entire family. The only mark down I gave was for the parent involvement. The P.T.A. offers lots of ways for the parents to help out the school, classroom & events but I don't see a lot of parents doing things, just the same ones over and over again!

Posted February 19, 2012
My son is in 3rd grade, our second year at Del Rey. I am very happy with the school. The principal is friendly and respectful to the children while keeping their respect. The PTA is very active and work hard to create many extra activities for the children. I am very happy I transferred to Del Rey. The only negative is, with all public schools, the lack of funding for field trips. Del Rey has a music program.

Posted October 29, 2011
I feel as if this school is really trying to make a difference in the lives of the children as well as the community. The principal is an very hardworking and sincere person, I really feel as if he is devoted to the families that attend this school. The main complaint that I do have is that the primary language that is spoken in the school is spanish, PTA meetings and other parent involved meetings are spoken 1st in spanish and then in english. It is very innerving and irritating to the families that ONLY speak english. I feel as if their priority is making sure the spanish only speaking families are comfortable. It is very caustic, and gives the impression that english speaking families have the underhand.

Posted January 06, 2010

Posted July 04, 2008
My kids had their first year at Del Rey.And i love this school.It has the small town community feel.And the parents like to be involved as much as they can.They have all sorts of activities ran by a very well managed PTA. The schools points went up this year,with aggressive management by the principal and teachers who identified kids who needed extra help and got it early in the year.I would like to see the San Lorenzo District take part in the healthy school lunches program with more fruits and fresh veggies.They are adding new buildings to the school which should be exciting for the coming year.

Posted September 26, 2007
Del Rey has been a great experience for my kids. They each are doing well socially and academically. They school works really hard to help kids learning English and kids who are behind. The test scores went up quite a bit this year. We love Del Rey!

Posted April 05, 2007
Del Rey has it's heart in the right place, but needs improvement. The academic performance of the students has dropped and they did not reach the goals set by the State of CA last year for improvement. In fact, scores dropped. Something needs to change if they are to turn around student's test scores. IMO, the principal is rather weak in this area. He is still fairly new, so we hope to see some further improvement soon. Del Rey's Physical Education program is almost non-existent and you can see the effects in the student body. I know it's a budget issue, but I cringe to think about what this is going to mean for our children's health in the long run.

Posted August 04, 2005
Del Rey has a very active PTA. The PTA hosts a variety of events for children and families during the school year. For the 2005-2006 school year, there will be a new principal. Due to budget constraints there are very few extracurricular activities. Though there are instrumental and vocal music classes. Overall, most teachers are very supportive and dedicated.

Posted March 31, 2005
I think Del Rey Schol has been an excellent experience for my granddaughter. Being a student starting at K and now in 3rd, she has been enriched by the teadhers, parental involvement and cultural richeness of this school. they encourage the students to shine in all aspects of their personality. Even having their Talent Show. Kuddoes to Del Rey!

Posted January 28, 2005

Del Rey Elementary School
1510 Via Sonya, San Lorenzo, CA  94580
Last modified Del Rey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Del Rey Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top