Posted June 27, 2014
My son attended Applied Scholastics Academy San Marcos - 2nd through 6th grade. The class size is small and the teachers go above and beyond teaching students how to understand concepts rather than memorize. This instilled confidence in my son and he had been able to transfer to the local public school with no problems during 7th grade. In fact, he was in Honor's English and Honor's History and both teachers noted that he was a pleasure to have in class. He maintained a 4.0 and was given a certificate by the principal. We strongly believe that Applied Scholastic and their caring Staff gave him this great head start. His confidence level took off while attending this school and he stays in touch with many of his friends that attended with him. They have all since moved on to public schools and I have heard nothing but praise from them for this school. Scientology - the religion is never thrown in your face or talked about. This is a non-secular school. My son tested at 12th grade reading level while in 6th grade. The core classes of reading, math, art and nutrition are superb!

Posted March 18, 2014
Just FYI. There is another Applied Scholastics Academy on here that is Applied Scholastics Academy North County. Please look for that name if you are interested in this private school.

Posted February 10, 2014
What a great school. My granddaughter is 4 1/2 years old and has been attending classes since she was 3. The class size is very small so a lot of 1 on 1 teaching is done. The activities are awesome and it teaches the kids real lifetime situations and how to handle them. They have taught Paige to read, knows her math, a little history and a little science( why things work) . I think this is a k1 through k7 school. I would highly recommend this school to anyone as I am a retired educator from Carlsbad.

Applied Scholastics Academy 1

Posted August 26, 2013
This school is not at this address. There is a wedding company that say they have been there for 2 years.

Posted August 28, 2012
My son is very happy at Applied Scholastics San Marcos. The staff are conservative, responsible teachers/moms who are also fun and creative. Both community cooperation and respect for the individual child are taught. Overall, the school delivers a quality product by highly motivated and intelligent people.

Posted March 05, 2012
I am not usually one to put reviews online, but I needed to say something in response to the notes/reviews listed here. My children have been attending this school for years and have done very well because of it. Neither myself, nor any of my family are scientologists and the school is not a recruiting ground for scientology....As I have never been asked once if I was affiliated, interested, curious, etc. about Scientology. I have nothing but good things to say about the teaching methods, the teachers, the administrators and my families overall experience. I am sure others may have different experiences based on their own situations, but the feedback I see here couldn t be farther from my own, very positive experiences with this school. I would highly suggest you check it out for yourself to see if it fits your needs. It may not be for everyone, but I feel lucky to have found this for my family. My kids are smart, happy, and great human beings and I beleive a lot has to do with the school environment they have been in for the past few years.

Posted March 05, 2012
My oldest child first started school at APS Academy in 2008 before it moved locations, now my younger child is a student there. They both LOVE going to school and are doing great! My younger child just turned five and is almost ready to start first grade material! I couldn't say enough good things about this school's teaching style and the way they communicate with my children!

Applied Scholastics Academy 1

Posted June 11, 2011
My two children attended Applied Scholastics (formerly Delphi Academy) for two years. The School is a front organization for the Church of Scientology. I do hope that this cite "Great Schools" will post this important rating: Applied Scholastics is connected to the Church of Scientology. Do your research before you invest in this organization (school). We had a very bad experience at this school.

Applied Scholastics Academy 0

Posted May 03, 2010
We attended Applied Scholastics for 3 1/2 years. While the campus is beautiful and the staff sells an enticing product; unfortunately, that product is not delivered. We know many ex-APA families (and teachers) that have been very negatively affected by the school. While we believe in the Study Technology, good nutrition, respect for children, room to flourish ... too many of the staff members simply did not have full comprehension of how to deliver the above. Also, communication from director/teachers to parents was poor. The school sells a small student to teacher ratio, but because of high turnover, this sales pitch is also not guaranteed. The class size often exceeded 15 per teacher and different grade levels were often combined.

Posted February 19, 2010
We have been apart of the APS Academy Family for 3 years and couldn't be happier with how my children are doing. Not only is the curriculum based on FULL comprehension learning using Study Technology, each individual student is treated with love, dignity and respect. Each child learns at his or her own pace without hinderance. The staff also makes sure that each student has proper nutrition, thus allowing the children to flourish and reach his or her maximum ability to learn. I can't say enough, how grateful I am that my kids attend this school.

Applied Scholastics Academy
800 W. Mission Rd., San Marcos, CA  92069
Last modified Applied Scholastics Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Applied Scholastics Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top