Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They seem to really know how to approach the kids in a positive way. When my daughter is stuck on something a teacher is readily available . They also do encourage them to take their time and really understand the material.

Amount of homework: Agree

They all have their stronger subjects or favorite classes. At junior high level required classes are the focus however the ability to go back or forth to split up harder or least favorite makes it a perfect system. The teaches are always available to help.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Pivot unlike my experience with the public school system prior is definitely more one on one with the students. You seem to know about everything and anything that is going on. When a child is struggling the teacher reaches out to you before you might even know regardless if you're involved parent or not. Definitely not something that I saw in the public school system . There is truly no child left behind. In a completely different concept though. The student is required to be involved . Very consistently seen nothing but solid relationships with students and parents anytime I've been in the school.

I heard about Pivot through another parent that had already enrolled her daughter for that year. This is my daughters almost 2nd year. I have seen nothing, but great strides and continued success since she's been attending Pippit. Prior to that I was very concerned about the public school system. The lack of accountability and communication with the teachers. The lack of encouragement or additional tutoring not available. This seems to be an ongoing problem not just at my local public schools, but statewide . If it wasn't for Pivot I'm sure that my daughter wouldn't be reading pass or even pass third-grade requirements . She is now just started eighth-grade early . I'm a single mom and self-employed . I struggled greatly with private tutoring lack of support from the public school system. That on top of the huge price tag that wasn't even equivalent to what she receives at Pivot. The public school system also seems to be dealing with a large amount of social media issues, bullying and other pressures that are not seen in a charter school system such as pivot. The kids are attending pitted are there really just to learn it. There is a huge focus on making sure that you have daily communication and accountability for your child. I couldn't be more grateful that this is available to me

What a difference Pivot has made to our daughter and our family! I was a die-hard public school PTA driven parent before I realized the excitement and curriculum of freedom we have experienced with Pivot. Genuine teachers and ease of contact are just a few of the characteristics that make Pivot awesome! I am so glad we were told about Pivot. My daughters loves the responsibility and structure of her learning and feels empowered to perform without hindrance of other students that kept her unfocused at public school. Thank you Pivot for all your diligence and exciting field trips.

I love the Staff at Pivot - Each and everyone is dedicated and accessable. My daughter is in her second year with Pivot and is thriving !! So glad we found them !!

Pivot is a fantastic school, this is my first year, and were only a couple months into the school year,I absolutely love it! The teachers care about you so much, it's almost like your their only student, that's how much the focus on not just me but each, individual student. The kids here are so welcoming! I had no problem making friends coming as a new student. They never judge you about anything, and that's what we need in every school! Pivot is fantastic!

This school provides multiple options that allow students to maximize their learning experience. Great program!

Last modified Pivot Charter School - San Diego is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.