Discovery Elementary School 4

Posted February 07, 2014
I think it's a great school!! Everything is amazing! Exept the P.E teachers. There so strict! And they should give the students a break. There still young!

Posted February 26, 2013
We seriously could not be happier with Discovery Elementary. Our son is in kindergarten there and the teachers are WONDERFUL. Even though his class has 32 students, during the day they break up into 3 different groups (led by the main teacher, another kindergarten teacher and usually a parent volunteer) so your child will receive more individual, one-on-one attention which is awesome. Yes, in kindergarten they dance and sing (Which we LOVE! To the parent who commented about that negatively below: geez, lighten up!), but they also do so much more. Our son has learned SO much since the beginning of the year! To our amazement he is already beginning to read. He loves going and hates to miss a day. The Principal, Mr. Trujillo and his staff truly care. The PTO and parent involvement is awesome. THANK YOU SO MUCH, Discovery Elementary! We look forward to having both of our sons attend their entire K-5!

Posted October 22, 2012
Excellent teachers! Great kids! Wonderful parent involvement! Love it! 2 kids went from kinder to 5th grade. Still have my third child attending. Love! Love! Love!

Posted August 19, 2011
I have to laugh at the review below stating that they are moving to San Elijo. Does she really think that kids are different 1/2 mile away? God forbid kids sing and dance in kindergarten. Anyhow, I have one child who has gone through Discovery and two who are still there. It is a wonderful school in every way. We have had nothing but wonderful teachers. They have been loving, professional, dedicated, communicative, and approachable. The principal is hands on and wonderful with parents. He really listens. We have not had one problem at this school. All of my kids have shined on the state tests (if that's important to you) and I attribute it to their wonderful teachers. My kids have loved all of their teachers. Thank you, Discovery!

Posted October 09, 2010
Everyone we have encountered at the school cares about the children first. They promote a sense of community and do a fantastic job.

Discovery Elementary School 4

Posted July 09, 2010
This school is good one, not the best but I am satisfied with kindergarden so far .But KOC is something, which really needs to change.When I am picking up my child "teachers" are sitting in one spot, they can't see kids on the other side of the playground. When sth will happen, I will be first to sign, that this is because of staff laziness.One leader, which is in charge barely moves through the day and has a such a bad attitude.There are some people, which are really playing with kids and having fun.This after and before program cost parent a money.As far as I compared with schools in Carlsbad it's expensive.I wish that management has better attitude, and be more positive.

Discovery Elementary School 2

Posted April 28, 2010
We moved here last year and are a bit disappointed with the Kindergarten curriculum. The kids do more preschool stuff like dancing and singing, and are not very challenged. The children use inappropriate language for such young kids and are trying to kiss each other at recess. Gross. We are moving our daughter next year to San Elijo Hills if possible. THUMBS DOWN.

Posted September 16, 2009
Discovery Elementary is an amazing elementary school in San Marcos, California. The principal and staff are incredible passionate about what they do every day, and it shows with the increase in test scores over the past year. I feel very fortunate to have both my children enrolled in such an incredible school environment! Thank you!

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers are fantastic. The administration is fantastic. The students who go there love to learn. This is what makes it the greatest school!

Posted September 16, 2009
The staff at Discovery is awesome. They truly care about the kids and being successful.

Discovery Elementary School
730 Applewilde Drive, San Marcos, CA  92078
(760) 290-2077
Last modified Discovery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Discovery Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top