Valley Christian School

Private | K-8

Living in San Marcos

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $605,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,870.

Sweep tile

Posted October 28, 2013

This is our first year at Valley Christian and we are very happy. It is a small school, but they have lots of activities. My daughter has learned a lot very quickly. The teachers keep the communication going with weekly emails. All the parents are wonderful. The only negative is their food choices. The food they are offiering to the children are not promoting good food habits.

Posted January 18, 2013

We have been at VCS for two years now and absolutely love it. The Principal, Mrs. Koons, has been there for over 30 years and is so dedicated to the students and teachers and the education of the child both spiritually and academically. The school has a wonderful small-town feel with a ratio of 1 to 12 in Kindergarten and 1 to 20 or less in the upper elementary and middle school ages. Each student is individually known by the staff and the other students, which helps create a warm sense of family and protection. The kids have many field trips, outreach service projects to the community, spelling bees, sports, computer lab, talent shows, and much more. They are taught to be upstanding, respectful and Godly children with strong values and love for God, each other and the community. I highly recommend it!

Posted January 17, 2013

A diamond in the rough... What a treasure to have found this school! Our entire family is incredibly blessed to be at this school. All the teachers and staff know every child by name- it is like a family. God's provision over this school is evident- stop by and visit and you will see and feel what I am describing :)

Posted January 17, 2013

We started at Valley Christian for one very practical reason: Full time Kindergarten. Working full-time with 1/2 day kindergarten the only option in our local public school, I knew my son would need before/after care of some form or another. When I found this school offered both and had MOMS supervising the students I was sold. Year after year (my son currently 2013 finishing 4th grade) being in a classroom with a student/teacher ratio of 20 to 1, where California Budget Cuts to education don"t impact our classrooms, where students develop responsibility and respect for learning, where parents volunteer to enhance the learning process, where every previous teacher is still on site for a daily hug, where every one of the 150+ students knows every other student on campus, allows me as a single mom to rest assured that my son experiences the security of acceptance and encouragement in his academics and faith. Please consider joining our Valley Christian School Family!

Posted January 17, 2013

We love Valley Christian Schooll! Our children attended "the premier Christian School" in San Diego county before making the move to Valley. We have found that Valley is the premier Christian school, even though they don't proclaim it on their marketing pieces. Our children have flourished in the small community. The families are friendly and supportive of one another, the teachers are Godly examples to our children and hold them to the highest academic standards while finding the unique ways to encourage students to do their best. This a fantastic school and we are blessed to be a part of it.

Posted January 17, 2013

Valley Christian has wonderful teachers and a really nice small school environment. The entire staff is caring and not jaded like you can get in other places - unlike the public schools, you aren't hit up for fund raisers. I like the nice workbooks and reading books they use - a lot about it reminds me of the small private elementary I attended. Definitely holds good values of a time gone by. The school is kept very well maintained and orderly. I have not had any issues. The Principal has been there forever and she is always pleasant, well respected, and extremely fair. The teachers have been very communicative and trully care about the students. I have found some parents can be clickish and closeminded and their kids are no better behaved than anywhere else, but in general we share the same values of kindness and minimizing exposure to vices. Parents tend to be very involved with their kids - compared to other schools where kids play/see violent video games and movies. The uniforms keep attitude to a minimum and the kids are pleasant overall - I walked my hubby thru the public school campus then this one - there was no question.

Posted January 17, 2013

We joined the school last year, 2011/12 school year and have been very happy! All of the teachers and staff know and care for each child above and beyond the classroom. As a tight knit community, parents come together to partner with the school in our kids' education and spiritual growth. Each morning the entire school begins together in chapel, which sets a wonderful tone for the entire day. As for academics, they have exceeded our expectations. The teachers are great and smaller class sizes (less than 20 in our 4th graders classroom) is so helpful. I can't say enough good words about Valley Christian, the staff, children and the parents have all helped to make it so special.

Posted January 17, 2013

Valley Christian School is such a wonderful special safe place for our children. This school educates the whole child academically and spiritually. The staff is incredible they love our kids and love Jesus! My son says he loves that everyone is nice and not mean to each other! The education is top notch, classes seem to run about two years ahead of public schools. My family wanted to make sure our son received a traditional conservative education and boy does this place do it. There is such a Sweet Spirit about this place, come visit you won't be disappointed. I thank God for VCS every day!

Posted January 17, 2013

What an awesome school!. This is our 5th year at VCS. I love the small class sizes and the amazing teachers. You will not be disappointed if you choose this school.

Posted July 23, 2009

A great school, and a blessing in many many ways! We are about to enter our 11th year at VCS and absolutely love it. It is worth every penney of the very reasonable tuition. The Principal, Susie Koons, loves each student as if they were her own child, as do the teachers and staff. The teachers are top quality academically, as well as the time and care they give to every student. They are always available to talk with and/or help the students and parents. The education is excellent. In fact, many, from parents to pastors to congressmen to high school administrators are amazed at the quality of education our children receive at VCS. And, it is all grounded and interwoven with God's word. Our children not only receive a great Godly education, but guidance that grows them in to respectful and helpful young men and women. We HIGHLY recommend it!

Posted July 4, 2009

My son has been attending VCS for the last two years (4th and 5th grade) and he loves it. Excellent leadership and wonderful teachers = high quality education.

Posted March 21, 2008

My kindergarter loves this school and has done very well here. He was reading by Christmas and loves both of his teachers who are loving and work really hard to ensure a great education. I love how the Kindergarten teachers work hard on academics, but also remember that Kindergarteners are '5'! They do art and music, and allow for social interaction and development on the playground at recess, P.E. and when they simply need to get their wiggles out! The school has great school spirit, they pray together every morning and have a formal chapel every Wednesday. Chapel time also allows the students to share their talents through leading worship, doing skits, etc. VCS definitely feels like part of our family.

Posted February 14, 2007

Great small school; safe and nurturing environment. Spiritual growth is important, individual growth is important, academics are important, discipline is important. Not stifling or too parochial. Great well-rounded school.

Posted September 18, 2005

I love this school im happy that my kindergartener loves her teacher mrs mcmilen she cries when I pick her up cause she loves her school so much. I am impressed with the way the academics are and the teachers seem to really care for the students.Great before and after school care being im a working mom.I also like that they have chapel and teach about jesus

Posted October 28, 2004

Absolutly wonderful school. Wonderful Christian environment, excellent teachers, great after school activities. Both of my children love going to school everyday. Challenging curriculum, the students are above grade level. Every single student cares for one another - they are all friends. Great opportunity for parent involvement. Great educational field trips. Excellent before and after school care. By far, the best private school in San Marcos.

Ethnicity This school
American Indian/Alaska Native 1%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Two or more races 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1350 Discovery Street