San Marcos, CA

Posted June 09, 2015
Our family has been at Valley Christian for 4 years now and have enjoyed it so much. The school is such a safe and comfortable place for my kids and they learn so much about how to have good character and work together. The school is small which provides for an amazing atmosphere of togetherness no matter if they are in Kindergarten or 8th grade. The school has great academics and is able to incorporate lots of field trips to help with hands on learning. Each teacher is truly dedicated to their students and prays for them regularly. You can see the admiration of the teachers for their kids and the kids for their teachers. Our school has small class sizes which provides for a great learning environment. The kids also are taught to help out around school and each grade goes twice a school year to a local senior home to serve and get to know the residents. It's great to see them go back year after year and keep up those relationships. Valley strives to create well rounded, Christian minded kids who work hard and have fun. It's such an amazing hidden gem and cost about half as much as the other options out there!

Valley Christian School 4

Posted June 09, 2015
First, I want to comment about the one star rating posted. I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion but i have to say something because of the extreme word usage on the one star rating. I have been a Kindergartener parent at VCS and when i read the first star rating, I felt like that person must have been writing a review of another school. This was not my experience, nor the experience of my child's peer's parents. Valley is a family oriented school, where all teachers know your kids. We had a great time and my child excelled in his academics. There are different personalities throughout the school on the staff which is a good mix. Take a tour and you'll see what i mean.

Posted June 06, 2015
This school has been a wonderful fit for our children -- who thrive in the loving, encouraging, but structured environment, academically can excel and no "common core" to hold them back. Each year keeps getting better with amazing teachers, and the family feel for this school. The activities build community -- the 8th graders know the kindergartners -- and it's a great student body. Fun activities all year through, and the annual EXPO is amazing to tour the classrooms and see the hard work each student does on their projects. Daily chapel for 10 minutes each morning, and longer on Wednesdays -- it is so amazing to hear children's voices singing praises -- and overall it's a gem!

Valley Christian School 1

Posted June 03, 2015
Positive: The kindergarten program and fabulous teacher! Negatives: 1) Antiquated teaching and disciplinary methods used; 2) the current director’s oppressive nature and obsession with discipline over teaching; 3) poor teacher-student-parent communication; 4) extremely indignant PE teacher; 5) favoritism for the largely female student body and for the evangelical families; 6) insalubrious lunch and snack choices; 7) very limited in the arts, quality physical education, music, language. At VCS, the academics were mediocre at best. The spiritual guidance in 2013 was wonderful, and then became antagonistic, inconsistent, and very overwhelming for my kids after that Pastor left. Additionally, the insidious, often unconscious and ostracizing behavior from some staff and faculty -- if the parent or child was not considered a fundamentalist Christian -- was unbearable and certainly discriminatory. My kids did learn well how Christian hypocrisy is quite ubiquitous. Hopefully the new director will do better; however, we, and several other families, were forced to pull our kids before the year’s end.

Posted June 02, 2015
Valley Christian School has offered my daughter a well-rounded, challenging education. My daughter is learning lessons that will affect her in a positive way throughout the years. The environment includes involved parents, and loving Christian teachers and staff who share God's love with each of their students. There are activities throughout the year that bring the families together, such as BBQs, Dessert Theatre, a Christmas program as well as an end of the year celebration! With the hard work and dedication of the teachers, our children participate in Spelling Bees, and proudly display what they have learned at the Open House Expo. This is definitely the type of nurturing environment and community I want my children to learn and grow.

Posted October 28, 2013
This is our first year at Valley Christian and we are very happy. It is a small school, but they have lots of activities. My daughter has learned a lot very quickly. The teachers keep the communication going with weekly emails. All the parents are wonderful. The only negative is their food choices. The food they are offiering to the children are not promoting good food habits.

Posted January 18, 2013
We have been at VCS for two years now and absolutely love it. The Principal, Mrs. Koons, has been there for over 30 years and is so dedicated to the students and teachers and the education of the child both spiritually and academically. The school has a wonderful small-town feel with a ratio of 1 to 12 in Kindergarten and 1 to 20 or less in the upper elementary and middle school ages. Each student is individually known by the staff and the other students, which helps create a warm sense of family and protection. The kids have many field trips, outreach service projects to the community, spelling bees, sports, computer lab, talent shows, and much more. They are taught to be upstanding, respectful and Godly children with strong values and love for God, each other and the community. I highly recommend it!

Posted January 17, 2013
A diamond in the rough... What a treasure to have found this school! Our entire family is incredibly blessed to be at this school. All the teachers and staff know every child by name- it is like a family. God's provision over this school is evident- stop by and visit and you will see and feel what I am describing :)

Posted January 17, 2013
We started at Valley Christian for one very practical reason: Full time Kindergarten. Working full-time with 1/2 day kindergarten the only option in our local public school, I knew my son would need before/after care of some form or another. When I found this school offered both and had MOMS supervising the students I was sold. Year after year (my son currently 2013 finishing 4th grade) being in a classroom with a student/teacher ratio of 20 to 1, where California Budget Cuts to education don"t impact our classrooms, where students develop responsibility and respect for learning, where parents volunteer to enhance the learning process, where every previous teacher is still on site for a daily hug, where every one of the 150+ students knows every other student on campus, allows me as a single mom to rest assured that my son experiences the security of acceptance and encouragement in his academics and faith. Please consider joining our Valley Christian School Family!

Posted January 17, 2013
We love Valley Christian Schooll! Our children attended "the premier Christian School" in San Diego county before making the move to Valley. We have found that Valley is the premier Christian school, even though they don't proclaim it on their marketing pieces. Our children have flourished in the small community. The families are friendly and supportive of one another, the teachers are Godly examples to our children and hold them to the highest academic standards while finding the unique ways to encourage students to do their best. This a fantastic school and we are blessed to be a part of it.

Valley Christian School
1350 Discovery Street, San Marcos, CA  92078
Last modified Valley Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Valley Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top