K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Our family has spent the last 10 years watching our children grow into young people who are grounded in their faith, kind to their friends/neighbors and who love, and find joy, in learning. We have recommended our little school to everyone we know.

The teachers' are caring and committed to bringing out the best in their students. They go above and beyond to make the school experience unique and memorable.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Honesty, integrity, and fairness is at the core of the school values. Overall, I feel that these character traits are fostered at this school!

We are so blessed to be a part of this school family! As I speak with friends at other schools, Valley offers my daughter a safe and caring environment where she has learned caring, kindness, and most importantly how Christian values are aligned with academic learning! Starting each day in the Chapel with pledges and singing start the day off positive! My daughter has made lifetime friends here, and the families are so supportive and caring! It's a steal compared to other local Christian schools, and worth every cent! The staff, volunteers, and administration have a pulse on what is happening and the small school size allows a very personal experience. My daughter feels loved, safe, and is excited about learning - what parent could ask for more??? Highly recommend it!

I had my daughter enrolled in kindergarten the at the beginning of this school year. The new kindergarten teacher is horrible. The children receives no individual interaction what so ever. The school preaches "tailoring" to your child's needs which is not true; they only tell potential families that to get enrollment. Also, more disturbing the new principal lacks character and avoids interaction at all cost. When I disenrolled my child there; I got a blank stare back for the principal. She did not question or ask why. She lacks emotion and has very flat affect. She does not care about the students or families. She is just there to take up space and collect a check. The tuition is low but in this case; buyer beware low tuition equals low value. I know of a least 2 other families who took their child out of Kindergarten here for same reasons. Recommend do not waste your money.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

School administration flat out lied to me. Also, Kindergarten teacher told me she will not offer and one on one interaction what so ever. After only 1 month of school; I was told my child wouldn't pass Kindergarten. Really 1 month; so much can happen in 10 more months of school.

Our family has been at Valley Christian for 4 years now and have enjoyed it so much. The school is such a safe and comfortable place for my kids and they learn so much about how to have good character and work together. The school is small which provides for an amazing atmosphere of togetherness no matter if they are in Kindergarten or 8th grade. The school has great academics and is able to incorporate lots of field trips to help with hands on learning. Each teacher is truly dedicated to their students and prays for them regularly. You can see the admiration of the teachers for their kids and the kids for their teachers. Our school has small class sizes which provides for a great learning environment. The kids also are taught to help out around school and each grade goes twice a school year to a local senior home to serve and get to know the residents. It's great to see them go back year after year and keep up those relationships. Valley strives to create well rounded, Christian minded kids who work hard and have fun. It's such an amazing hidden gem and cost about half as much as the other options out there!

First, I want to comment about the one star rating posted. I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion but i have to say something because of the extreme word usage on the one star rating. I have been a Kindergartener parent at VCS and when i read the first star rating, I felt like that person must have been writing a review of another school. This was not my experience, nor the experience of my child's peer's parents. Valley is a family oriented school, where all teachers know your kids. We had a great time and my child excelled in his academics. There are different personalities throughout the school on the staff which is a good mix. Take a tour and you'll see what i mean.

This school has been a wonderful fit for our children -- who thrive in the loving, encouraging, but structured environment, academically can excel and no "common core" to hold them back. Each year keeps getting better with amazing teachers, and the family feel for this school. The activities build community -- the 8th graders know the kindergartners -- and it's a great student body. Fun activities all year through, and the annual EXPO is amazing to tour the classrooms and see the hard work each student does on their projects. Daily chapel for 10 minutes each morning, and longer on Wednesdays -- it is so amazing to hear children's voices singing praises -- and overall it's a gem!

Positive: The kindergarten program and fabulous teacher! Negatives: 1) Antiquated teaching and disciplinary methods used; 2) the current director’s oppressive nature and obsession with discipline over teaching; 3) poor teacher-student-parent communication; 4) extremely indignant PE teacher; 5) favoritism for the largely female student body and for the evangelical families; 6) insalubrious lunch and snack choices; 7) very limited in the arts, quality physical education, music, language. At VCS, the academics were mediocre at best. The spiritual guidance in 2013 was wonderful, and then became antagonistic, inconsistent, and very overwhelming for my kids after that Pastor left. Additionally, the insidious, often unconscious and ostracizing behavior from some staff and faculty -- if the parent or child was not considered a fundamentalist Christian -- was unbearable and certainly discriminatory. My kids did learn well how Christian hypocrisy is quite ubiquitous. Hopefully the new director will do better; however, we, and several other families, were forced to pull our kids before the year’s end.

Last modified Valley Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8