Posted October 19, 2012
This is such an amazing school! I started this fall and am an international student. The school is just fantastic. The teachers are really caring, well prepared and the dorm parents made me feel like a part of the group from the beginning. We have activities on the weekend that really are the best. I can't tell you how many friends I have made and the campus is really cool! I am very very happy to be at Southwestern and have emailed my friends back home so often about my excellent experiences. Southwestern is the BEST!!

Southwestern Academy 1

Posted September 12, 2012
I am currently a student at this school. I would like to inform all parents to send their kids to another boarding school if possible. About half of the staff are unqualified and their is a huge problem with favoritism among the teachers towards students. The facilities that the students will use daily do not feel as if they match the tuition. Anything and everything your kid will get from Southwestern is bought through an account you make for him/her so nothing is given complimentary. The dorms your kids will be living are small and tight. There are insects everywhere(mainly roaches). There's also lots of things your kid will be forced to do. If your child doesn't like to dance for example, if the school holds a dance, it is mandatory for your child to attend whether he or she wants to or not. There is never an option.

Southwestern Academy 4

Posted December 03, 2010
This is a very good school. The faculty are devoted and caring. The small class sizes allow students to receive the attention and help they need.

Southwestern Academy 1

Posted April 12, 2010
I have never seen a worse run school. After reading their website and receiving information regarding the school, I was looking forward to having my child receive the personalized attention he needed. Little did I know that with the small classes came unqualified teachers, angry staff members, and a headmaster who is never there! Really, can you teach a class and STILL not show up? This place was supposed to be a good experience, but lazy students combined with lazy staff made it terrible. Don't be fooled by the happy image it may exude. I was and it was a terrible mistake.

Posted December 09, 2009
This is a good school. Not for everyone. I wanted my son to have the individual attention small classes can provide. The fact that the students come form all over the world is just a plus. The staff is firm but caring, just what I want to see when my son is so far away.

Posted June 21, 2009
This school is terrible. Our experience was the exact opposite of its mission statement. It felt very punitive, negative, harsh, uncaring and seemed to be oriented for the convenience of the staff rather than the achievement of the students oriented. For this much tuition! it was a very bad experience for us.

Posted October 15, 2008
So far I am extremely pleased with my son's happiness at Southwestern Academy. He loves to wear nice clothes to school and has had a lot of help with his classes during study hall. At the high school he was going to attend they were going to put him in remedial courses, but at Southwestern after testing, they put him in regular classes and also physics for ninth grade. As a parent paying tuition I am very happy that my son is happy and succeeding!

Posted April 29, 2008
This is the worst private school I've ever been to. The staff is not friendly nor helpful at all. The campus is extremely small. I will not send my daughter to this school.

Southwestern Academy 3

Posted January 24, 2007

Posted November 22, 2006
This is a wonderful school in San Marino ...

Southwestern Academy