Fusion Academy - San Mateo 5

Posted September 16, 2014
My daughter has only been at Fusion for a few weeks but so far couldn't be happier! The one on one education is unbeatable. She was unchallenged at her public school and asked for a change, at Fusion she is excelling and can go at a faster pace than in a class of 30 kids. She can have input on what she reads in English class instead of reading the same book she read 2 years ago because the public school says she is supposed to. The teachers care about the kids and get to know them as individuals. She does not have a learning disability, but the Fusion model is great for those that do, and also for those who are academically advanced. A prior reviewer complained about the 6th through 12th graders being together. We have not found this to be a problem, in fact, my daughter (8th grade) prefers the company of slightly older kids (middle schoolers aren't the most mature group!) Regardless, the school is almost done with its new middle school wing should kids or parents find keeping separate more appropriate.

Fusion Academy - San Mateo 2

Posted December 01, 2013
Many of the teachers are in their mid 20's, and because of this I feel that many teachers do not have the experience needed to teach to full potential, especially in a 1-1 setting to many kids struggling with learning disabilities. Although the school tries for structure, there is very little. Guidelines, staff positions, and the set up of the school is constantly changing, which is not the position I wish for my child to be learning in, or what i thought i was getting myself into. As a parent I have heard how the school can be off for both middle, and high school students. All students are kept in the same environment to mix, ages 12-18, which i can see has impacted my child in a negative light due to an early influence to "mature" content from older students. And I cant believe that the older kids are thrilled with this either... As for the education, I can only hope that my child is learning to their full ability, as I do not have a base line from other students to reflect on. From what I have seen the work is not quite as hard as most public schools, and is easier than most private schools, in my experience. Like all schools, there are students that like and dislike it here.

Fusion Academy - San Mateo
2000 Alameda De Las Pulgas, San Mateo, CA  94403
Last modified Fusion Academy - San Mateo is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Fusion Academy - San Mateo Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 2 reviews.