San Mateo, CA

Posted May 20, 2010
I have been thrilled with George Hall Elementary since my son transferred here in 2nd grade after struggling in a spanish-immersion school . He has had two of the best teachers I could have asked for, and we felt welcomed from the moment we walked into the office. The transition was challenging for us and everyone we encountered made it a stress-free experience. The Project-based style of learning has been extremely helpful for my son, and possibly other boys who can tend to be more action oriented when it comes to learning. The smart boards are amazing, large and visually stimulating, which makes the learning experience more technologically current. After two years here, my son's progress in school and interest in learning & reading has greatly increased, and I believe that George Hall is giving him the foundation and motivation to continue enjoying school and learning for his future. Thank you!

Posted May 20, 2010
George Hall has a dedicated staff which has become more stable in recent years creating a tight knit school community. This fosters an excellent learning environment for children. Our STAR test score is above 800 and our similar schools ranking is 8. We have added a lot of new technology to our school including SMART boards (no more white boards or overheads), Acclerated Reader which lets kids progress in reading successfully at THEIR reading level, and training in Project Based Learning (PBL) which encourages research based learning technology and inquiry to engage with issues and questions that are relevant to their lives. These classroom projects are used to assess student's subject matter competence compared to traditional testing. We have incredible parent support too!!

George Hall Elementary School 0

Posted May 20, 2010
I'm glad my children are attending George Hall ES. It is a good school with great teachers and staff. It's a Project Based Learning school and is the only one in the district that has a SMART Board (which is really cool!).

Posted May 18, 2010
Overall George Hall is a fantastic school. We are very fortunate to have a great mix of parents, teachers, staff members and community members working together for one goal, a better education for all of our children.

George Hall Elementary School 4

Posted May 18, 2010
George Hall has an enthusiastic faculty which has been successfully implementing a magnet grant for the last few years. Classrooms have and effectively use smart boards, Sentio and Excellerated Reader. My child has a great time there!

George Hall Elementary School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
I love George Hall School. It is a very well run school with great teachers and well behaved students. They enable all kids to go on field trips with money from the PTA. No one is left out because of lack of funds. Everyone seems to have a lot of pride in attending the school and only wish to make it better each day.

Posted October 18, 2008
great inviroment, ,great area,great organization,great staff ;but above all of this great teachers

George Hall Elementary School 2

Posted November 29, 2007
I've been affiliated with this school for over 7 years. It use to be a wonderful school and I couldn't see anymore good things about it but in the past 2 years the school has taken a significant turn with little interaction between the principal and its parents, high teacher turnaround and no push for parent involvement in the classroom. It's very disappointing but there isn't that community feel anymore.

George Hall Elementary School 4

Posted September 11, 2007

Posted June 05, 2007

George Hall Elementary School
130 San Miguel Way, San Mateo, CA  94403
Last modified George Hall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Hall Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top