San Mateo, CA
After care: No

Posted June 19, 2013
If anyone has a child aged 6-12 having difficulty in school because he or she has a different learning style, mild attention problems, processing difficulties, shyness, school anxiety, etc., please consider the Russell Bede School in San Mateo. My stepson attended there and it's just an amazing, little place. I can't imagine what we would have done without it. The school is only 18 students - three classrooms of six children apiece - in a charming, little home near downtown San Mateo. It's a warm and nurturing atmosphere that compliments the supportive teachers and family-like dynamic that develops between the children. The teachers use specialized instructional methods to help children use their strengths to overcome their weaknesses.

Posted May 03, 2011
I absolutely agree and echo the previous reviewer (March 7th, 2011)! RB is a GOD SEND for kids (and their parents!) who have learning differences and struggle in the very small box of traditional teaching methods. My child, 4th grade, who we discovered is dyslexic with a Central Auditory Learning Deficit, was a psychological mess spiraling down as he struggled to conform to the public school system. Even with Special Ed. help through the public system, my son continued down this very emotionally destructive and anxiety ridden path. Fortunately, we knew other families who have gone to RB and recommended it. I am not exaggerating when I say my son was a different child in ONE week at RB. After 5 months, he is a COMPLETELY different child and student. I have a child that doesn't melt down over homework, or have a tantrum everyday before school because he doesn't want to go. I don't have a child that gets frustrated within minutes of starting an assignment and ends up quitting or displaying other major anxiety symptoms. Instead, I have a child that gets himself dressed (in uniform) in the morning, makes himself breakfast, packs his backpack and waits to be driven to school!

Posted May 03, 2011
RBS by all means provides a safe environment, a low teacher:pupil ratio, experienced Teachers who master the different tools for children with learning dissabilities, and a great feeling of support amongst all the parents and staff. At RBS all of us come together as a Unity to reach a common gold: providing our children with the right tools to succeed in life. Our son has been attending RBS since 2007 and the progress he has shown academically as well as in self confidence is simply amazing.

Posted March 07, 2011
Russell Bede School is a godsend to children with learning differences and their parents. You simply cannot beat a class size of 6, smart, resourceful teachers experienced in all the quirks of quirky kids, and an extremely experienced, available, helpful principal. Parents are wonderfully supportive--we all have quirky kids and we all "get it." I've looked at other great private schools in the peninsula, and I think where Russell Bede excels is: * class size * tailored, differentiated, flexible teaching * open, easy communication with the staff. There is no beaurocracy. My son has been at Russell Bede for 2 years and has made amazing progress. I derive great peace of mind knowing that as my son continues to develop, as new issues emerge and others recede, Russell Bede will be able to reach him and teach him.

Russell Bede School (Will close: Spring 2014)
446 Turner Ter, San Mateo, CA  94401
Last modified Russell Bede School (Will close: Spring 2014) is a Private school that serves grades 1-6
Russell Bede School (Will close: Spring 2014) Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top