No rating

St. Paul School

Private | K-8 | 165 students

Living in San Pablo

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $150,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,370.

Posted October 3, 2014

My daughter has been at St Paul School since K, she is now in 3rd grade and we couldn't be happier. The teachers and staff are amazing, well educated and structured. The principal is amazing and has brought the school a long way since she became principal almost 4 years ago. We love the small class sizes, the tight parent community, the support we receive from teachers and staff, the religious education they receive, they go to mass every Friday but most of all, the education my daughter is receiving. We are absolutely 100% satisfied and highly recommend this great school.

Posted November 16, 2013

My child started the middle school program (6-8) at St. Paul's and we couldn't be happier with our school experience. The teachers are top-notch, and work together with all three grades. They provide a lot of individual support and encourage creative problem-solving, but also hold the kids accountable and expect them to do the work and do their best. The academics are great - they are reading entire complex novels, doing hands-on science experiments, and discussing big ideas in social studies and religion. The principal is terrific, passionate about education, accessible, down-to-earth, and absolutely committed to the development of the school, the students, and the staff. The students (many of whom have been together for years at the K-8) welcomed my child with open friendliness from day one, and as a new parent, I felt the same welcome from other families and the staff. The school offers strong academics, Common Core, a small, safe, supportive environment, art, music, Spanish, a computer lab, great before and after school care, enrichment classes, and sports. It's a real gem.

Posted October 21, 2013

Being new to the bay area and with such a small network pool, it was hard to decide what options were available for our son. After much consideration and family support we decided to seek out Private school. We knew St. Paul would be a fit the minute we met the Principal. The faculty and staff were very inviting and confirmed that we were not only making the right move academically for our son but entering a family environment. I'm sure we've made the right choice.

Posted October 17, 2013

My husband and I wanted a good school for that not only provided the necessary academic stimulation, but also was a safe and nurturing environment. St. Paul s exceeds our expectations. The Principal is very welcoming, hard working and devoted to making the school experience the best it can be for both the parents and students. As parents, we enjoy St. Paul s small, intimate class sizes, the diversity of the student body, the cool after school enrichment classes, the teachers who are committed to challenging their students without overwhelming them, the language arts (Spanish and maybe French?), the neat field trips, the way cool garden, the integration of each student into faith families allowing students to socialize and befriend students from each grade level, the continuous attention to safety of the school environment, the before and after school care program and the great sports program to name a few. Our daughter receives more than a strong academic foundation at St. Paul s; she s also learning manners, respect for herself, her friends, her teachers and the environment. She enjoys school and we re proud to have her at St. Paul s.

Posted October 16, 2013

My daughter has been going to St. Paul School since kindergarten, and now she is now in second grade. We are very pleased by the teacher quality year by year. We love the school community and the integration of parent involvement. The principal has shown great leadership and we have seen so much improvement such as great afterschool programs, sports, implementing common core curriculum standards, integrating technology in the classrooms, and most importantly having a "NO BULLY POLICY." St. Paul School is TRULY THE JEWEL OF SAN PABLO!

Posted October 15, 2013

I am very happy to have my child here. The teachers and various caregivers are very loving. My child loves the afterschool care too. It is a wonderful feeling to drop off your children in an environment that feels safe along with knowing they are being provided a great education.

Posted September 30, 2013

We are in our second year at St. Paul's and we love it! Our child is in 1st grade where he is reading, doing subtraction/addition problems and homework every night. He is involved in after school enrichment classes, such as, Sarah's Science Toy making class, Kung Fu and choir. The class size is small, his teachers are very warm, loving and approachable. The community of parents have been very inviting and caring. Through our volunteer work and sports programs we have gotten to know other parents which has made us feel a part of the school family. My son also feels part of a school family and has positive interactions with older children as well as his own peers. He has a faith family gathering each month and attends mass every Friday. He has really developed a strong sense of the Catholic faith in just his first year. Mrs. Acuna the principal has brought so many wonderful improvements to our school and is always there for anyone who needs to talk. She works many long hours to ensure our school is the best Catholic school in the diocese.

Posted September 29, 2013

St. Paul School is an excellent school providing a positive and enriching environment, that motivates each student to do their best. The school emphasizes academics and participation in extra curricular activities. Students are encouraged to reach out to others and contribute to their community. The principal and faculty inspires community involvement and parent support. Students are made to feel proud to be part of the school. The school also does an excellent job in preparing students to develop into young Christians that are active in their community.

Posted January 22, 2013

I researched schools around San Pablo area and I found St. Paul School. My husband and I went to visit the school in January this year and absolutely felt this was the right school for my daughter (in Kindergarten). The teachers and staff are so welcoming, it feels like you are at home. The class sizes are small which I love. They have enrichment programs after school and Playstation. I feel like this school is a safe place for my daughter. She loves her class and her teacher. I would definitely recommend this school.

Posted January 17, 2013

I love St. Paul School. My kid loves SPS. The teachers are absolutely amazing. They are professional, dedicated and caring. I see so many of them after hours at Parent/Teacher meetings, Board meetings, community events, school events... I wonder when they have a chance to go home. They tirelessly give of themselves. The class sizes are small... lots of individual attention. Mrs. A, Principal, arrived during the 2011-12 school year and has a lot of brilliant idea about how to improve SPS. This year, for the first time, we have subsidized after school enrichment programs - ballet/tap, Spanish, art programs, k-3 soccer - available on campus. She's also trying to build community and encourage parent participation to build a better school - 100 brains are better than 1. She listens to parents and tries to make things easier for us whenever possible. If you're looking for a school, I encourage you to visit St. Paul School. OPEN HOUSE Jan 27, 2013 10am-1pm. I think we'll have a pre-school in the fall.

Posted January 16, 2013

YOU ARE HOME AT ST PAUL SCHOOL! What better way to recommend a school than from one parent to another. I have always recommended St. Paul's School to many people however I realized today that I should not only share with the parents that I know but with parents who are looking for a GREAT school for their family. "A school has to be right for your family and when you walk into the right school you will know" that is what I was told when I was looking three years ago. When I walked in I knew WE WERE HOME! My son and daughter are very happy which is the most important! All of the teachers are wonderful, patient, loving and really care about their students. The class sizes are small, the after school enrichment programs are excellent. My kids take ballet, Spanish cooking and they love the art programs. All of the staff is wonderful and it really gives you that "family" feeling when you walk in from the teachers, parents and staff. Trust me from one mother to another...I highly recommend you walking in and taking a look for yourself... and see if St. Paul is the "right school for your family" Trust me you will know. Good Luck!

Posted February 6, 2012

I absolutely love this school. My daughter started here this year after an unfavorable experience in a local public school. Saint Pauls raises the bad on the well rounded education they provide. Getting my daughter up for school is a piece of cake. Why? Because she loves this school, the teachers. And I love knowing my daughter is receiving a quality education and is happy and excited to learn. They encourage parent involvement. They provide an amazing moral structure that cannot be matched. There is no other school for us.

Posted January 27, 2012

My son is currently in kindergarten and absolutely loves it. There is a new principle, Mrs. A., who has shown to be a great leader. She is friendly, knowledgable, involved and accesible. My son adores his teachers. His kindergarten teachers have been wonderful-very warm, kind, nuturing and involved. And the communication and responsiveness from the teachers (as well as the staff) has been amazing! St Paul School has exceeded my expectations in every way-academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually.

Posted January 24, 2012

I am very happy with my decision to send my child to this school as she embarked her new journey in school as a Kindergartener. Right away, my daughter and I felt very welcome, as if we had known the staff for years. The teachers, staff, and fellow classmates truly make an effort to get to know you and your family's needs on a very personal level, and I am looking forward to seeing her grow in this school both emotionally and spiritually in this loving and safe environment in the coming years. I feel the staff do a wonderful job to ensure that the children are safe, and that heir needs are met. They always have many fun and creative activities planned for the children, and my daughter looks forwards to going to school everyday.

Posted January 20, 2012

My daughter who is in Kindergarten loves the school. Everyday she looks forward to going to school. Why? Because everybody is great - from the teachers, to the staff, to the Principal. They make learning not only educational but also fun. Not only that, the minute I leave her in school, I feel secured that she is in good hands, safe and would be learning something new. I hear it from her the minute she gets home. And she can't wait for the next day. Isn't that great that your child is always eager to go to school?

Posted November 20, 2011

After touring 7 or 8 schools for Kindergarten, it was serendipitous to have found St. Paul's School for my daughter. The emphasis on reading and promoting a love for books is evident across the grade levels. The new principal has made an immediate impact and has made it a very exciting time for the teachers, students and families with the integration of technology into the classroom. The actual school building is old and the yard needs work but all of these are trumped by the quality and dedication of the teachers and the parents who help out. The child also learns to be a good example to the younger kids, with each child becoming more responsible as they grow into young adults. I can't wait to see my daughter go through 1st and 2nd grades and to move on through to middle school and be ready for high school.

Posted January 26, 2011

This is a very good school. Its curriculum provides learning tools, skills and attitudes that will be needed by the students in pursuing their studies to be come successful individuals. They provide a well-balanced program to develop academic competence and good values. My daughter is attending this school since 2006 and it is like being a part of a family. She is now in 4th grade while my son is also learning a lot in Kindergarten. You are all invited to the school's open house on Sunday, January 30 from 11:30am-1:30 pm.

Posted January 24, 2011

St. Paul School is a wonderful fit for my child. It is a small tightly knit community that truly cares for one another. The teachers are great and are always willing to work with the parents and the child. The Principal is wonderful and her door is always open. Great school.

Posted January 24, 2011

Our families have had a long tradition of attending St. Paul School- since the 1960's. When the time came to have our daughter start kindergarten, it was a no brainer! St. Paul embraced our daughter (c/o 2010) just as I hoped and this has continued for our two sons (c/o 2013 and c/o 2018). Our youngest will be starting Junior Kindergarten in the Fall and she is so excited as she already feels at home! Thank you to the principal and all the amazing teachers and staff who have made our children's education a wonderful experience and who have given them a second home! We would recommend St. Paul to anyone looking for a school where their child will feel safe, loved and well educated! I know choosing a school can be a daunting task as I experienced this when looking for a pre-school for our first-born. We are so excited that St. Paul is now offering a junior kindergarten class! Good luck in your search and I hope you look into St. Paul School in San Pablo!

Posted January 24, 2011

I love the faith formation that the kids get at school, the small community. Most of all the great Principal that goes out of her way to make sure everything is taking care off. Her open door policy is the best.

Asian or Pacific Islander 26% 11%

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Teacher off the Year (2008)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

School start time
  • 8:00am
School end time
  • 3:00pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

Foreign languages taught
  • French

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Oakland

• Track

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Amazing and dedicated parent community.