Posted November 10, 2013
My daughter has been there from 1st grade to 5th and finally graduating in 2010. To this day, she still misses the amazing staff, the caring teachers, the afterschool program, and the overall wonderful community that Park Western provides. Easily one of the best elementary schools I've ever seen. Whenever we pass by Park Western to go to my daughter's new school, Dodson Middle School (she's currently an 8th grader), she always talks about the memories she had at Park Western, all of them positive. She dearly misses the innocent days of her playing handball with her friends afterschool in the hot summer sun. Overall a great school.

Posted October 24, 2013
My elder one did her 4th snd 5 th grade from here and now my little one is in 1st grade. What I love abour this school is the higher level of academics and the dedication of the teachers.I am so thrilled to have found this school of choice for my kids during there foundation years. Even the after school program is very structured and disciplined.I would recommend this school for kids who are looking for quality education and a creative enviornment to learn.

Posted October 23, 2013
If there is one thing I can say about Park Western it's that they really make an effort to push along individual students at their own paces. This requires extra effort on everyone's part but it really works. My son started this school in 2nd grade last year. He was not challenged enough at his old school. Now, his reading and math are two grade levels above. I feel the teachers really take the time to assess where the child is academically and then make the opportunities available to them to go to the next level. And, they never give up. The other thing I love is that they teach how to be a good person. My other son just started kindergarden. The amount he has learned in a few short months is amazing. They really know what they are doing at this school.

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter is at kindergarten at park western and we feel very lucky to have her in such great school. This is a amazing school with good programs.

Posted August 01, 2013
Park Western is wonderful. They really focus on my kids educational goals. We love the magnet program.

Park Western Place Elementary School 1

Posted July 22, 2013
Parents and students at this school tend to be pretty egotistical. We attended an event at the school and were basically told how their school is better than the one my son goes to by multiple parents. School Pride is good but there such a thing as taking it too far. There are so many great schools in San Pedro!

Posted July 07, 2012
My daughter has attended PW for 3 years now, and I commute to bring her due to a mid year move. I wouldn't change schools for anything. The teachers are dedicated to our childrens education, and with LACounty educational system having such issues in recent years, I feel that I lucked and made the best fit. The principals have changed also in recent years, and I am not too fond of the new principal, however I know that she means well.

Posted February 18, 2012
My two kids were in the magnet program and we had to move out of state mid-year. We moved to a school that was also highly rated, but were shocked at how far behind the classes were in the new school. The magnet program at Park Western really advances the kids beyond what is expected of their grade level. I also loved how committed the teachers and the principal were. Great, great school. We miss it!

Posted January 18, 2012
This is the best school! Wonderful staff, teachers and principal who work very hard with the children at being their best. I couldn't ask for a better place for my son.

Posted August 30, 2011
I absolutely love this school, my son and daughter love their teachers and friends...It's nice to see a atmosphere of closeness and togetherness within staff and teachers, as well as the parents. We are very fortunate to have great teachers, front office personell and a wonderful principal. The only bad thing people have to say, is that we need more parking but really in the scope of what is really important I will continue to be patient and take that extra walk so that my child continues to be a part of this great school. Park Western Keep Up The Good Work!

Park Western Place Elementary School
1214 Park Western Place, San Pedro, CA  90732
Last modified Park Western Place Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Park Western Place Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top