Bad
Good

Develops character: Agree

The parents and faculty address issues when needed to ensure honesty, integrity, and fairness for all students.

Park Western Place has an outstanding academic program that challenges all students across all grades. This is The Place to be if you desire the absolute best in academics. Another measure of quality is the student body as a whole and of course, teachers. Teachers are supreme here giving so much to their students and classrooms with passion and just the right amount of discipline. The disappointing aspect of this school is the amount of bullying that is tolerated. The staff does what it can to mitigate problems that arise. An overall positive experience in elementary school is a decent and admirable expectation. Parents should make a list of all the attributes they seek for their children in an elementary school and then make well informed decisions based on their own criteria. - A parent

This school is great! The staff are great with the students as well as communication with parents of academic and behavior. Enjoy and Look forward to the Heritage Pageant. After the performance theirs a culture potluck and its amazing how everyone comes together buy one main dish from their background. Students are well behaved and motivated to learn. Awesome school the best PTA by far. i can go on and on...love the diversity this school has to offer a d 10 indeed

My daughter has been there from 1st grade to 5th and finally graduating in 2010. To this day, she still misses the amazing staff, the caring teachers, the afterschool program, and the overall wonderful community that Park Western provides. Easily one of the best elementary schools I've ever seen. Whenever we pass by Park Western to go to my daughter's new school, Dodson Middle School (she's currently an 8th grader), she always talks about the memories she had at Park Western, all of them positive. She dearly misses the innocent days of her playing handball with her friends afterschool in the hot summer sun. Overall a great school.

My elder one did her 4th snd 5 th grade from here and now my little one is in 1st grade. What I love abour this school is the higher level of academics and the dedication of the teachers.I am so thrilled to have found this school of choice for my kids during there foundation years. Even the after school program is very structured and disciplined.I would recommend this school for kids who are looking for quality education and a creative enviornment to learn.

If there is one thing I can say about Park Western it's that they really make an effort to push along individual students at their own paces. This requires extra effort on everyone's part but it really works. My son started this school in 2nd grade last year. He was not challenged enough at his old school. Now, his reading and math are two grade levels above. I feel the teachers really take the time to assess where the child is academically and then make the opportunities available to them to go to the next level. And, they never give up. The other thing I love is that they teach how to be a good person. My other son just started kindergarden. The amount he has learned in a few short months is amazing. They really know what they are doing at this school.

My daughter is at kindergarten at park western and we feel very lucky to have her in such great school. This is a amazing school with good programs.

Park Western is wonderful. They really focus on my kids educational goals. We love the magnet program.

Parents and students at this school tend to be pretty egotistical. We attended an event at the school and were basically told how their school is better than the one my son goes to by multiple parents. School Pride is good but there such a thing as taking it too far. There are so many great schools in San Pedro!

My daughter has attended PW for 3 years now, and I commute to bring her due to a mid year move. I wouldn't change schools for anything. The teachers are dedicated to our childrens education, and with LACounty educational system having such issues in recent years, I feel that I lucked and made the best fit. The principals have changed also in recent years, and I am not too fond of the new principal, however I know that she means well.

Last modified Park Western Place Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.