San Pedro, CA

Posted April 04, 2014
Our family loves South Shores. We got to see the Primary Production, really wonderful. My kindergartner learned a variety of Broadway songs. The experience the children take away from the performances is unbelievable! Academic standards are high, plus all the music and arts children should have in every school.

Posted August 01, 2013
Great school with the best teachers and office staff! I've had 6 children go to South Shores and they all loved this school!

Posted December 12, 2012
I am a parent of a 4th Grade student who has been at South Shores since 1st Grade. We feel so fortunate to have our daughter at this school because the level of teaching is very high and she has so many arts-related programs to compliment her academics. Here she is able to learn Greek dance, knit, sing, play the clarinet in the school band, and much more. South Shores has won many State and National honors, including the Golden Bell, awarded by the Dept. of Education in Washington. I know other South Shores graduates and this start in life has always been to their advantage.

Posted December 26, 2011
I went to South Shores when I was little and graduated in like 2000 or 2001. I cant find any of my old year books :/ The school was awesome and I wish I could get in contact with people that graduated with me. You'd be about 20 going on 21 like me :)

Posted July 11, 2011
Congratulations to South Shores National Blue ribbon School 2010-2011California Distinguished School, the only school in the district that received this award.The school has the right balance of academics and performing arts.Principal and teachers are very accessible and caring.My daughter is very happy and doing wonderful academically and creatively.

Posted July 11, 2011
South Shores Magnet School for the Visual and Performing Arts is the BEST elementary school in the whole wide world!!!

South Shores/Csudh Visual And Performing Arts 0

Posted May 10, 2010
Pros: South Shores provides a balanced education. Through incorporation of the arts into the curriculum, the students find school to be fun and stimulating. The teachers genuinely care about the students and teacher morale appears to be high. The principal is a strong, knowledgeable leader who is supportive of the needs of the students, teachers, and community. Cons: The school lacks any type of quality, structured after-school program to accommodate working parents. In addition, the school lacks funding, as LAUSD does not give them as much funding as other local schools due to their magnet status and high test scores. LAUSD channels money into improving those schools that are less successful, leaving a school like South Shores lacking the necessary financial support.

Posted March 04, 2010
I am so happy my daughter goes here. She has blossomed as a child and grown as a performer and is doing wonderfully as a learner. She is in the 2nd grade and her reading is at 6th grade level! Great work, teachers and staff!!

Posted November 16, 2009
I went to South Shores for 5 years and I loved it. The teachers were great. I loved all the performing we did. This is the best school I've been to!

South Shores/Csudh Visual And Performing Arts 0

Posted September 16, 2009
No only do the children do regular studies, they enjoy the arts. This school makes learning fun, that is what school should be about. More children would stay in school if they could enjoy the arts as well.

South Shores/Csudh Visual And Performing Arts
2060 West 35th Street, San Pedro, CA  90732
Last modified South Shores/Csudh Visual And Performing Arts is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Shores/Csudh Visual And Performing Arts Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top